ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

21 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Just seeing excuses here sorry. 

Are you serious?  Looks like someone doesn't want or just can't have a good discussion when astute points are being made.   To just respond with "Seeing excuses here sorry" is not productive at all and IMO is a useless post for you to be making.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

Are you serious?  Looks like someone doesn't want or just can't have a good discussion when astute points are being made.   To just respond with "Seeing excuses here sorry" is not productive at all and IMO is a useless post for you to be making.

It's not useless. Here's my argument.

15 carries per game on average

3.4 ypc on average

longest run is 24 yards on the season

Jordan Howard suffers from not having stacked boxes. When there's stacked boxes he only has to get past the first level and beat one man coverage deep. He doesn't make guys miss and he isn't fast. This offense does not fit Jordan Howards run style and that's really all that needs to be said this point in the season. 

Now the real question is .. do i start this guy or ......dare i say it... DOUG MARTIN?

I watched the game on Sunday and wasn't thrilled with usage.  First and goal on the 1 , he gets in but a penalty for illegal formation put them back 5 yards. They then decide to throw it.

He's first and goal on the 1 or bust.

Against Vikings front 7 this week, I think he's a good sit.

21 minutes ago, n4sa said:

It's not useless. Here's my argument.

15 carries per game on average

3.4 ypc on average

longest run is 24 yards on the season

Jordan Howard suffers from not having stacked boxes. When there's stacked boxes he only has to get past the first level and beat one man coverage deep. He doesn't make guys miss and he isn't fast. This offense does not fit Jordan Howards run style and that's really all that needs to be said this point in the season. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, pdog109 said:

I know this is sarcasm, its still funny though.

Waiting for December for it to get really COLD.

Ain't nobody wanna hear anything about no 40 degree day.

Nice! You got my reference!! One of the funniest scenes of all time

• Like 2

This week?  Not much room to run, but hopefully a goal-line plunge or two.  Matchups easier than Minnesota and cold weather down the stretch will see Jordan Howard fans changing their tune in weeks 12-16.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

42 minutes ago, jonasdash said:

I'm thinking 40 yards and a TD would make me happy

Yep.  Or maybe just 40 yards if Howard gets stuffed and Money Mitch just takes it in himself on the following down.

My apologies to Howard owners.

1 hour ago, jonasdash said:

I'm thinking 40 yards and a TD would make me happy

That’ll look nice on my bench

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Yep.  Or maybe just 40 yards if Howard gets stuffed and Money Mitch just takes it in himself on the following down.

My apologies to Howard owners.

Nagy will do a shovel “pass” to Burton on the 1 yard line to get Trubisky the TD pass. 

Just now, johnnyboy8102 said:

Nagy will do a shovel “pass” to Burton on the 1 yard line to get Trubisky the TD pass. 

And speaking as a Bears fan and president of the Mitch Trubisky fan club, it’s gonna be pretty sweet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The G Man said:

Welp, what are thinking about Howard tomorrow? 

I'm thinking he'll have a helmet and pads on.

• Haha 3

I woke up this morning and see that i still have Jordan Howard in my line up when i should have dropped him for Doug Martin.

Think i'll go throw up now.

Classic example of the sunk cost fallacy.

Looking forward to another sub 10 point game tanking my lineup and costing me a win and the season.

Oh wait, the game is at sunday night! There is some hope here, the temp will drop making it colder.

8pm temperature tonight will be 30 degrees F! THAT'S BELOW FREEZING, PRIME TIME!!!

Edited by pdog109

So what will we do after the first cold game and he puts up another dud?

1 hour ago, Gravy said:

So what will we do after the first cold game and he puts up another dud?

We don't know the cold threshold.

How cold is not cold enough?

Is it below 30? Below 20? Do we need a single digit temperature game to see Howard really shine? We'll see come winter.

Edited by pdog109
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I can’t wait to see all the creative ways Nagy doesn’t us Howard today. 

QFT! 

Nagy has single handily killed Howard's fantasy value this season. And, it looked so promising in the first game of the season when he ran for 5.5 YPC on 15 carries and hauled in 5 receptions of 5 targets. 

SMH...

Is Minnesota's front seven faster than it is strong?  Maybe Nagystradamus will try to pound them.  

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

QFT! 

Nagy has single handily killed Howard's fantasy value this season. And, it looked so promising in the first game of the season when he ran for 5.5 YPC on 15 carries and hauled in 5 receptions of 5 targets. 

SMH...

Bears lost that game so it was Howard's fault and Nagy fixed it and the bears have been winning games ever since.

Nagy is a play calling savant, the most gifted offensive mind of all time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Is Minnesota's front seven faster than it is strong?  Maybe Nagystradamus will try to pound them.  

Pound them with Tray Burton and Trubisky.

A bears WR will also get a few carries on end-arounds and jet sweeps.

Just now, pdog109 said:

Bears lost that game so it was Howard's fault and Nagy fixed it and the bears have been winning games ever since.

Nagy is a play calling savant, the most gifted offensive mind of all time.

I sense sarcasm in your post, but would merely point out that had Nagy run Howard late in that game, they would've come out of it with a win. 

Just sayin'. 

Seriously..It's all mental with Nagy..he just wants all the headlines..and all the talk is about Andy Reid, Mahomes, Chiefs and the offense he's just left.. Gamification at its best

Starting Cohen over Howard today, so naturally this will be a Howard game. Expect 20 carries for 85 yards and 2 TDs for him while he's on my bench.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, datsyuk said:

Starting Cohen over Howard today, so naturally this will be a Howard game. Expect 20 carries for 85 yards and 2 TDs for him while he's on my bench.

It's too cold to start Cohen, he has a low body mass which means he will lose heat quickly.

Howard on the other hand is a big solid man that can retain heat.