ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

58 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Is Minnesota's front seven faster than it is strong?  Maybe Nagystradamus will try to pound them.  

right up the middle every play so Howard gets 20 carries for 35 yards....

If Howard gets 20 carries, he's going to get WAY more than 35 yards.  Even if all his runs are up the gut.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

right up the middle every play so Howard gets 20 carries for 35 yards....

I honestly think Nagy would give Cody Parkey more carries given the choice. 

• Sad 1

I need a good game from him.

I’ll chalk this week up as a loss.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Howard gets 20 carries, he's going to get WAY more than 35 yards.  Even if all his runs are up the gut.

SO he's going to get 50 yards? 

Pretty decent 1/2 for JOHO! 10 carries for 46yards. Everybody said wait till it gets cold, maybe there is something to that. :) 

There was a point in the first half where I was starting to respect Nagy. They were moving players all over the formation (including to help Howard), being creative, pounding the rock, and had a balanced attack. Howard had a solid game at that point with 11 for 48 and Bears were up.

Then of course, the predictable happened. Bears are sitting on a comfortable 14-0 lead with their defense dominating so what do you do? You have your QB sling it only to throw an interception, have your 180 pound RB run it up the middle and get obliterated, and proceed to give Howard less carries despite being up comfortably. Not only that, these carries did not reflect the first half whatsoever. Just miserable right up the gut runs. The play calling gave CPR to a dead Vikings team. The score was 14-6 and Nagy was on the verge of pulling another hilariously pathetic choke job if his world class defense did not do what it does (by the way, Nagy has no involvement with the defense. The true COY is the bears defensive coordinator). 

I genuinely fail to understand. I really don't. I have no problem admitting Howard is a colossal bust and I was absolutely wrong about him but it absolutely boggles my mind how he is used. He never gets an opportunity to get going and for the first time this season he got the chance and he delivered. They then proceed to roll him out in the 4th with the game won and slam him into the line 10 times. In Week 1 he did great out of the backfield and all of a sudden Trubisky doesn't even look at him open in the flat.

I really don't like to let emotions influence me over a fake game but to pull a mini Pdog: f--- this team, f--- this coach, and f--- this high school offense.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, ff062018 said:

I’m thinking of dropping for Gus Edwards. Am I totally insane?

I dropped him for basically nothing. He has almost no value. A Cohen injury would obviously help his value but depending on your league size, I am not even sure he would then become startable. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ff062018 said:

I’m thinking of dropping for Gus Edwards. Am I totally insane?

No, I dropped 6 weeks ago for Chubb. Gus being used like a NFL RB JoHo used like a HS team would. Let him be someone else’s problem 

At this point in the season, if you are likely to make the playoffs, you are better of rostering guys like Malcom Brown, Spencer Ware, Rod Smith, etc. over a player like Jordan Howard. 

It is hard to envision a Jordan owner making the playoffs unless he has been riding the bench most of the season. 

Cut bait and roster a player that could actually help you win a championship. 

18 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

At this point in the season, if you are likely to make the playoffs, you are better of rostering guys like Malcom Brown, Spencer Ware, Rod Smith, etc. over a player like Jordan Howard. 

It is hard to envision a Jordan owner making the playoffs unless he has been riding the bench most of the season. 

Cut bait and roster a player that could actually help you win a championship. 

I've started this bum every game and am still fighting for a first week bye. Should have taken CMC FFS. Would have been a juggernaut. First world fantasy problems.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 7:12 PM, FFCollusion said:

Basically... I look at Howard and wonder... what does he offer that Isaiah Crowell doesn't, and why are they being drafted 6 rounds apart?

Jordan Howard: 10 Games, 155 Carries, 523 Rushing Yards, 5 TDs, 17 targets, 13 receptions, 100 Rec yards, 105.3 fantasy points, 10.5 PPG.

Isaiah Crowell: 10 games, 114 Carries, 552 Rushing Yards, 6 TDs, 18 targets, 13 receptions, 111 Rec yards, 115.3 fantasy points, 11.5 PPG.

On 8/29/2018 at 7:12 PM, FFCollusion said:

My concerns with Howard would be, if his work load gets cut down closer to the ~220-240 range, while maintaining around 4YPC, and doesn't reach 9 TDs again, while he loses even more targets this year than he did last.

Suddenly you're looking at ~1100 yards total, with 7 TDs, 20 catches, for a grand total of 172 PPR fantasy points

Howard is currently on pace for:

248 carries, 3.4 YPC, for a total of 1000 total yards, with 8 TDs, 21 catches, for a grand total of 168 PPR Fantasy Points.

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

I have no problem admitting Howard is a colossal bust and I was absolutely wrong about him...

Finally.  I was starting to worry you were the next HenrysCleats.  Congratulations and welcome to enlightenment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Finally.  I was starting to worry you were the next HenrysCleats.  Congratulations and welcome to enlightenment.

I've yet to have a dream about Jordan Howard.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Who double quotes themself from months ago to try and gloat???

A person who had 4 pages of people telling them how much of an idiot they were, how they had no credibility, didn't know what they were talking about, were insulted, and then got reported and multiple posts deleted by a mod simply for trying to convey an alternate opinion to the sheep.  Getting a call right means very little to me, until an entire mass of people go out of there way to call me names for having that opinion.

If we have different opinions and I was right and you were wrong, you won't see me quote it or mention it, because I don't care.

But if you spend multiple pages belittling me for my opinion, and I was DEAD ON... you deserve to hear about it.

Edited by FFCollusion
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

A person who had 4 pages of people telling them how much of an idiot they were, how they had no credibility, didn't know what they were talking about, were insulted, and then got reported and multiple posts deleted by a mod simply for trying to convey an alternate opinion to the sheep.  Getting a call right means very little to me, until an entire mass of people go out of there way to call me names for having that opinion.

If we have different opinions and I was right and you were wrong, you won't see me quote it or mention it, because I don't care.

But if you spend multiple pages belittling me for my opinion, and I was DEAD ON... you deserve to hear about it.

LOL at you score boarding before it even gets cold.   

Once the SnowBeast gets unleashed, you'll be singing a different tune.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

I feel you but that's how threads work. If you don't support the player in that thread you get ganged up on. I still remember last season there were multiple threads people telling me to come back and eat crow in December. Needless to say, I didn't care enough to come back and tell them that guys like Ajayi were obviously overrated. 

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

LOL at you score boarding before it even gets cold.   

Once the SnowBeast gets unleashed, you'll be singing a different tune.

I hope this is sarcasm

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

I hope this is sarcasm

I took him in the 2nd as a playoff stash.  

Week 14 - December 16th - Chicago

knock knock

who's there

SnowBeast

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I took him in the 2nd as a playoff stash.  

Week 14 - December 16th - Chicago

knock knock

who's there

SnowBeast

If you’re starting Howard you’re not making the playoffs

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Jordan Howard: 10 Games, 155 Carries, 523 Rushing Yards, 5 TDs, 17 targets, 13 receptions, 100 Rec yards, 105.3 fantasy points, 10.5 PPG.

Isaiah Crowell: 10 games, 114 Carries, 552 Rushing Yards, 6 TDs, 18 targets, 13 receptions, 111 Rec yards, 115.3 fantasy points, 11.5 PPG.

Howard is currently on pace for:

248 carries, 3.4 YPC, for a total of 1000 total yards, with 8 TDs, 21 catches, for a grand total of 168 PPR Fantasy Points.

Thanks for scoreboarding this early, now Howard will go off every week for the rest of the season as would be expected from this game we play