ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

6 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

If you’re starting Howard you’re not making the playoffs

I don't start him.   Yet.

So there was a play in the 4th quarter last night of note.  Howard was sitting on 68 yards or so, and it was clock killing time.  Bears up 8, maybe four minutes left.

Howard was in the backfield, and Nagy had them lined up in the Power-I with a fullback and everything.  I was giddy with anticipation.

Then Trubiesky surveyed the Vikings defensive setup, realized that he is a glory hogging, show-boating son of a gun, and audibled out of the run play.

So infuriorating.  Chicago came so close to giving that game away because of their ludicrous play calling down the stretch.  The defensive touchdown and a phantom unnecessary roughness flag on a Trubisky run saved their bacon.  

Favre used to do that all the time, too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

This guy is essentially the least important player on the entire team so stop acting surprised with his usage

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

This guy is essentially the least important player on the entire team so stop acting surprised with his usage

Trey Burton might have something to say about that.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, Panthers8912 said:

oh boy. it just keeps getting better and better. I have howard in 100% of my leagues so far and I'm loving it. Big year on the way. Lock for top 10 back

I was just going thru some old discussion in this thread, and this one stood out as bump worthy, for obvious reasons. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

If you’re starting Howard you’re not making the playoffs

Started Howard every week and I’m not fighting for playoffs I’m fighting for a first week bye. 

Thus your argument is mute.

• Like 1

Just now, Gohawks said:

Started Howard every week and I’m not fighting for playoffs I’m fighting for a first week bye. 

*moot

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

That's pretty bold.   I took him in the 2nd to save until the playoffs.  Then I paired him with Burton in the 6th.   Some would question that strategy unless they knew that I also was able to steal Cooper in the 3rd.   

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The word you think you are looking for is moot.  But moot means 'rendered irrelevant by subsequent, unrelated developments.'  The concept you are seeking is 'void' or 'flawed.'

But I am also fighting for the bye (currently at #1) and have started Howard every week except the bye.  Those TDs have been helpful, and the rest of my team has performed well also.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The word you think you are looking for is moot.  But moot means 'rendered irrelevant by subsequent, unrelated developments.'  The concept you are seeking is 'void' or 'flawed.'

But I am also fighting for the bye (currently at #1) and have started Howard every week except the bye.  Those TDs have been helpful, and the rest of my team has performed well also.

You could have started him during his bye and not realized the difference. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I seriously don't get the hate for Howard.  He's basically a poor man's Lamar Miller that was drafted a couple of rounds higher.

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I seriously don't get the hate for Howard.  He's basically a poor man's Lamar Miller that was drafted a couple of rounds higher.

He’s a decent enough player but the owners are the most depressing group of crybabies ever, polluting up the game day threads every week

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I am guessing this is a joke because Lamar Miller.

4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

He’s a decent enough player but the owners are the most depressing group of crybabies ever, polluting up the game day threads every week

How dare they force you to read their posts!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

How dare they force you to read their posts!

Some players are fun to own, and some are not. Glad I abandoned this ship log ago. Good luck on expecting things to ever change though, really! Grr that Nagy

24 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Lots of Howard owners drafted him as a bellcow RB2 with RB1 upside due to volume and he went in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. He hasn't produced anywhere near his draft position and you passed up VERY good players to get him. It's understandable. Annoying too but understandable 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Lots of Howard owners drafted him as a bellcow RB2 with RB1 upside due to volume and he went in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. He hasn't produced anywhere near his draft position and you passed up VERY good players to get him. It's understandable. Annoying too but understandable 

True but most should have only expected rb 2.  that whole group of mid late 2nd/3rd  round backs has been disappointing. Howard Freeman Cook Drake Collins

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

I was just going thru some old discussion in this thread, and this one stood out as bump worthy, for obvious reasons. 

I cry 

also so good thing they kept handing the ball to Cohen so he could fumble!!!

• Like 1

So Howard got completely smothered against Detroit recently.  11 carries for 21 yards iirc. The game Thursday is in Detroit.  Is there any reason to believe that Howard will have significantly more success against them on Thanksgiving Day?

6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So Howard got completely smothered against Detroit recently.  11 carries for 21 yards iirc. The game Thursday is in Detroit.  Is there any reason to believe that Howard will have significantly more success against them on Thanksgiving Day?

Lack of game plan so they choose to run the ball with Howard. They played a Sunday night game and play against Thursday at noon. 

4 minutes ago, dmody91 said:

Lack of game plan so they choose to run the ball with Howard. They played a Sunday night game and play against Thursday at noon. 

You think the mad genius himself, Matthew Bartholomew Nagy IV, is not going to have an exotic gameplan for this Thursday's game?  It is what he lives for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Another 10 WR reverses will be called as usual. 

I am not even a Howard owner but cannot understand Nagy playcalling and use of Howard, Cohen, and Burton at times. 

Edited by johnnyboy8102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

I cry 

also so good thing they kept handing the ball to Cohen so he could fumble!!!

I've got some misses too, my man, it happens!  It's just tough how you went all in on him!