ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, n4sa said:

Gonna start getting cold soon, RB1 ROS

 

release the SnowBeast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear they’re going to have the temp turned down to 20 degrees and are bringing in a snow machine to the Lions’ dome. 

 

Rolling out the Snow Beast with confidence now that we’ve hit cold weather!

Edited by ff062018
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people so confident Howard will get more run when it gets cold? I don't get it...

 

Since when has Nagy done anything conventional this season? Wouldn't be surprised to see Scrubisky throwing it even more. 

Edited by oliminator123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Why are people so confident Howard will get more run when it gets cold? I don't get it...

 

Cuz Nagy's brain will freeze over and lock up and he will no longer be able to concoct his mad scientist trick plays?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Why are people so confident Howard will get more run when it gets cold? I don't get it...

 

Since when has Nagy done anything conventional this season? Wouldn't be surprised to see Scrubisky throwing it even more. 

 

Winter is coming. Jordan Howard will bring down the wall and not even Nagy can stop him.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Why are people so confident Howard will get more run when it gets cold? I don't get it...

 

Since when has Nagy done anything conventional this season? Wouldn't be surprised to see Scrubisky throwing it even more. 

 

They shouldn’t be.  Even though its conventional wisdom....convention doesn’t follow Nagy.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Why are people so confident Howard will get more run when it gets cold? I don't get it...

 

Since when has Nagy done anything conventional this season? Wouldn't be surprised to see Scrubisky throwing it even more. 

 

It was a reason made out of desperation earlier in the season when Howard owners needed a reason not to give up on their 2nd/3rd round pick. Now it's a rotoworld joke because it is cold and he still hasn't done much 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guwop said:

 

It was a reason made out of desperation earlier in the season when Howard owners needed a reason not to give up on their 2nd/3rd round pick. Now it's a rotoworld joke because it is cold and he still hasn't done much 

I always took it as a serious idea, tbh.

 

I'm holding onto the guy because I don't want my opponent to pick him up for that 1 week we all know is coming where he gets 3 carries from the 1 yard line for 3 touchdowns. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I always took it as a serious idea, tbh.

 

I'm holding onto the guy because I don't want my opponent to pick him up for that 1 week we all know is coming where he gets 3 carries from the 1 yard line for 3 touchdowns. 

 

I’ve never really understood this line of thinking. Presumably, if you’re dropping him then you’re dropping him for a player that you believe is better. Don’t you not want your opponent to have that other better player?

 

Yea, you might drop Howard and your opponent picks him up, and then he scores 3 TDs. But if there’s a better player out there that you don’t drop Howard for, then you’re letting your opponent get that (presumably better) player. 

 

The question is whether there’s better players available to drop Howard for. 

Edited by ff062018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

 

I’ve never really understood this line of thinking. Presumably, if you’re dropping him then you’re dropping him for a player that you believe is better. Don’t you not want your opponent to have that other better player?

 

Yea, you might drop Howard and your opponent picks him up, and then he scores 3 TDs. But if there’s a better player out there that you don’t drop Howard for, then you’re letting your opponent get that (presumably better) player. 

 

The question is whether there’s better players available to drop Howard for. 

I assess opposing teams. More than likely, the teams I might have to worry about in the playoffs don't need whomever that player is out there at this point, especially since there aren't any big waiver wire pickups this week. If it looks like they have a questionable starting RB (Drake, Cohen, Gore type), they may decide to give Howard a run for his money and since I think Howard is a talented player in a bad situation, it could come back to bite me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Guwop said:

 

It was a reason made out of desperation earlier in the season when Howard owners needed a reason not to give up on their 2nd/3rd round pick. Now it's a rotoworld joke because it is cold and he still hasn't done much 

 

This is hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

playing in a dome this week-temps will be controlled-must sit this week....my cheap 2 cents of sarcasm.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In reality, the thought of no Trashbisky on Thursday could be just what the doctor ordered for Howard!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

In reality, the thought of no Trashbisky on Thursday could be just what the doctor ordered for Howard!

 

Doubt it. Just just means they can focus more on stopping the run without worrying about a passing threat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guwop said:

 

Doubt it. Just just means they can focus more on stopping the run without worrying about a passing threat. 

 

Glass is half full, my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, n4sa said:

 

Winter is coming. Jordan Howard will bring down the wall and not even Nagy can stop him.

 


Week 13    Dec 2    @NYG    Sun 10:00 am    - It should be cold at Meadowlands this time of year and windy
Week 14    Dec 9    LAR    Sun 5:20 pm   - YES! NIGHT GAME, TEMP DROP!!!!
Week 15    Dec 16    GB    Sun 10:00 am  - Howard's highest yardage output this season was week 1 vs GB, should be plenty cold here
Week 16    Dec 23    @SF    Sun 1:05 pm   - Not cold enough in SF, bench him
Week 17    Dec 30    @Min    Sun 10:00 am - Vikings play in a dome right, bench.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bhawks489 said:

What are options that people are actually dropping for?

 

Saeed Blacknall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What are options that people are actually dropping for?

With Trubs questionable, I'm dropping Howard for Winston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

He's ranked RB26 in 0.5 PPR. Far from droppable. 

He is a tough hold in even 12 team (PPR) leagues. 

 

Some of the notable names he is currently ranked ahead of but are absolutely better to roster/start:

 

Ingram

Michel

Mack

Fournette

McCoy

Cook 

 

These RBs have either been suspended or missed time due to injury but are absolutely better plays than Howard.

 

In reality, Howard is not currently a top 30 running back IMO (not in any PPR format, at least). You are basically hoping for 1-2 TDs in a game to provide even middling numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guwop said:

 

It was a reason made out of desperation earlier in the season when Howard owners needed a reason not to give up on their 2nd/3rd round pick. Now it's a rotoworld joke because it is cold and he still hasn't done much 

In all fairness it has happened before. The strategy was made famous by Eddie “cold hands” Lacey, dude was a beast in November/December back in the day.

 

If Howard serves any purpose it’s to run the ball 30 times in cold temperatures. He’s got 18 carries last game so it’s not like he’s god awful.

 

Plus sources say he plans on bulking up during thanksgiving, Nagys been  referring to him as the redzone bulldozer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pdog109 said:

 


Week 13    Dec 2    @NYG    Sun 10:00 am    - It should be cold at Meadowlands this time of year and windy
Week 14    Dec 9    LAR    Sun 5:20 pm   - YES! NIGHT GAME, TEMP DROP!!!!
Week 15    Dec 16    GB    Sun 10:00 am  - Howard's highest yardage output this season was week 1 vs GB, should be plenty cold here
Week 16    Dec 23    @SF    Sun 1:05 pm   - Not cold enough in SF, bench him
Week 17    Dec 30    @Min    Sun 10:00 am - Vikings play in a dome right, bench.

 

 

Too bad a lot of us Howard owners will be sitting on the sidelines in Week 14-16 thanks to this guy and Nagy. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pdog109 said:

 


Week 13    Dec 2    @NYG    Sun 10:00 am    - It should be cold at Meadowlands this time of year and windy
Week 14    Dec 9    LAR    Sun 5:20 pm   - YES! NIGHT GAME, TEMP DROP!!!!
Week 15    Dec 16    GB    Sun 10:00 am  - Howard's highest yardage output this season was week 1 vs GB, should be plenty cold here
Week 16    Dec 23    @SF    Sun 1:05 pm   - Not cold enough in SF, bench him
Week 17    Dec 30    @Min    Sun 10:00 am - Vikings play in a dome right, bench.

 

confirmed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Edgeraid said:

 

 

Too bad a lot of us Howard owners will be sitting on the sidelines in Week 14-16 thanks to this guy and Nagy. 


Then you can live vicariously through those of us smart enough to draft and stash SnowBeast for weeks 14 and 15. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.