ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

Worst part of owning Howard is just seeing the same play over and over and over again. How obvious is it when hes in there, it's just a run up the gut. Infuriates me man, for once throw him the freaking ball , maybe he dodges a tackle and gets decent size yards after. Nagy is a clown, if he were such a smart coach he would utilize both more often. Have Cohen as a decoy, but use Howard on a short slant pass, for example.  No D would ever expect a play like that. Switch it up a little bit, so defenses respect his pass catching , all they do now is flood the line of scrimmage with bodies and take away the open lanes when hes in the backfield. No s--- hes at a career worst 3.4 ypc ... Good coaches play to their players strengths, IMO Mitch is a so and so QB in real life, but that defense is elite and has kept them winning. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Worst part of owning Howard is just seeing the same play over and over and over again. How obvious is it when hes in there, it's just a run up the gut. Infuriates me man, for once throw him the freaking ball , maybe he dodges a tackle and gets decent size yards after. Nagy is a clown, if he were such a smart coach he would utilize both more often. Have Cohen as a decoy, but use Howard on a short slant pass, for example.  No D would ever expect a play like that. Switch it up a little bit, so defenses respect his pass catching , all they do now is flood the line of scrimmage with bodies and take away the open lanes when hes in the backfield. No s--- hes at a career worst 3.4 ypc ... Good coaches play to their players strengths, IMO Mitch is a so and so QB in real life, but that defense is elite and has kept them winning. 

 

This is sort of what was going on with Mark Ingram early in his career with the Saints. Payton would pretty much broadcast a run play when Ingram was on the field and defenses continually keyed in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Worst part of owning Howard is just seeing the same play over and over and over again. How obvious is it when hes in there, it's just a run up the gut. Infuriates me man, for once throw him the freaking ball , maybe he dodges a tackle and gets decent size yards after. Nagy is a clown, if he were such a smart coach he would utilize both more often. Have Cohen as a decoy, but use Howard on a short slant pass, for example.  No D would ever expect a play like that. Switch it up a little bit, so defenses respect his pass catching , all they do now is flood the line of scrimmage with bodies and take away the open lanes when hes in the backfield. No s--- hes at a career worst 3.4 ypc ... Good coaches play to their players strengths, IMO Mitch is a so and so QB in real life, but that defense is elite and has kept them winning. 

 

See, this is what kills me. You know it, I know it, opposing defenses know it. So, why in the hell doesn't someone within the Bears coaching staff/front office know it?!

 

SMH...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm off the train. 

Used Howard + AP + Brate to get Ertz.

I wish you all luck, and hope Nagy pulls his head out his a** for the final few games of our seasons. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Nagy strikes me as someone that wants to show that he is the smartest guy in the room with his play calling. The Packers game when he made bizarre play calls on 4th and short essentially lost the game for the Packers. Nagy has been bailed out by Mack and the defense numerous times this season. He refuses to play situational football when they have a lead and will allow the opponent a chance to get back in the game. Not only is Howard not used in a way to help him excel but Burton is nonexistent at times. Cohen will have 6 touch games in a game.  Eventually this will come back to hurt the Bears. 

*Lost the game for be Bears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The G Man said:

So, is anyone starting JoHo with any confidence today? 

 

Absolutely not.

Feel so liberated right now.

QDx7CNE.png

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

 

Absolutely not.

Feel so liberated right now.

QDx7CNE.png

 

Man, I don't know that I could cut him outright like that. Bench him, absolutely. But, what if Cohen were to miss some time? I'm not wishing anything bad to happen to Cohen. I'm just sayin'...what if?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The G Man said:

 

Man, I don't know that I could cut him outright like that. Bench him, absolutely. But, what if Cohen were to miss some time? I'm not wishing anything bad to happen to Cohen. I'm just sayin'...what if?

 

Doesn't matter what happens to Cohen, Nagy will just use Benny Cunningham or that other guy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

 

Doesn't matter what happens to Cohen, Nagy will just use Benny Cunningham or that other guy.

 

Yep. 

 

Also to those who are starting JoHo. Damon Harrison was limited all week and might not play?? Slight boost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, The G Man said:

So, is anyone starting JoHo with any confidence today? 

 Zero confidence but I'm hoping trubisky's shoulder forces them to run more but I'm expecting another 0-5pt game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After such a mediocre season so far I don’t see him giving more than 12 points to anyone starting him. I truly think the plays and formations they use him in are all wrong for his talents. Maybe they go back to traditional football with Chase and utilize him to his strengths and he looks like the guy we been watching the last couple years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, benjee5o4 said:

Anyone playing Jordan Howard just so they can have a player to watch during this game?

Man I'm more than guilty of doing this and it almost never ends well..gl if you do though.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, benjee5o4 said:

Anyone playing Jordan Howard just so they can have a player to watch during this game?

I did that 2x this year, both times I regretted it. I kinda want to drop Howard so I never even think of starting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Godeep said:

I kinda want to drop Howard so I never even think of starting him.

 

Do it, you'll feel much better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this stiff and ACollins. I finally dumped Collins this week and it was liberating. I've been trying to trade Howard for a month and can't get rid of him so he is stuck on my bench. I refuse to drop him because I know someone will pick him up and I will end up getting burned by him in the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eaglesfangirl said:

I have this stiff and ACollins. I finally dumped Collins this week and it was liberating. I've been trying to trade Howard for a month and can't get rid of him so he is stuck on my bench. I refuse to drop him because I know someone will pick him up and I will end up getting burned by him in the playoffs. 

 

Dropping Howard is actually advisable since a potential playoff opponent would pick him up and start him vs you and get the usual 5-10 points. Advanced tactics.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not starting Howard primarily because I have way better options. But I’m not sure I would even start him if my only other option was Jerome Bettis. I’ve been burned too many times and I’m done. 

 

With that said, I’m going to predict a blow up game for Howard today. 20+ standard points. I think the Bears actually pound the ball today on an extra- short week with their backup QB, and because we’ve finally come to accept in the fantasy community that they’re never going to pound the ball. 

Edited by ff062018
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ponziacs said:

Starting with low confidence on two teams.

Id have the most confidence with trubisky out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howard is Droppable now. 

 

Nagy hasn't given him big workload all year. That will not change 

 

Whether it's Money Mitch or the backup qb on 3 days rest the bears are a passing team now 

 

You will never be able to trust him going forward 

 

The delusion with this guy needs to end. He is a BUST. Plain and simple. 

 

WINTER 

 

IS 

 

NOT

 

COMING 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.