ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It could be 50 MPH winds and 20 inches of snow pouring with Tim Tebow at QB and Nagy would still throw it 50 times.

giphy.webp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I have to ask you a question.

 

Do Bears fans actually think this coach is good? I mean genuinely? This is now two weeks in a row that incredible defensive plays have bailed out some of the worst second half play calling I have ever seen watching football. 

 

Can't wait for them to get absolutely obliterated in the playoffs. i was actually really rooting for them after they got Mack. However, the hatred I have developed for Nagy makes it impossible to even remotely root for the team.

I can feel your hate. Haha. I don't know who they're gonna get obliterated by? Looks like they'll host GB, Carolina or Seattle as of right now.. 

 

Let me say Nagy is a great coach, and motivator. He's young so he connects with this young roster. He obviously comes from the Reid coaching tree, so his knowledge is unquestioned. He schemes the offense so well that puts Trubisky in a good position to make the throws and uses the team speed. He has nothing to do with the defense that's all Vic Fangio who is in his own league. BUT as a fan, sometimes I hate how he neglects to run the ball, has just phased Howard out of any offensive game plans, and sometimes obviously tries to pad Trubiskys stats. He has no won 3 NFC North games in 12 days, Fox had three in his entire tenure. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

I can feel your hate. Haha. I don't know who they're gonna get obliterated by? Looks like they'll host GB, Carolina or Seattle as of right now.. 

 

Let me say Nagy is a great coach, and motivator. He's young so he connects with this young roster. He obviously comes from the Reid coaching tree, so his knowledge is unquestioned. He schemes the offense so well that puts Trubisky in a good position to make the throws and uses the team speed. He has nothing to do with the defense that's all Vic Fangio who is in his own league. BUT as a fan, sometimes I hate how he neglects to run the ball, has just phased Howard out of any offensive game plans, and sometimes obviously tries to pad Trubiskys stats. He has no won 3 NFC North games in 12 days, Fox had three in his entire tenure. 

I didn’t say in the first game. NO or LA will roll them though. Trying to air it out against those teams is a horrible idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I didn’t say in the first game. NO or LA will roll them though. Trying to air it out against those teams is a horrible idea.

But Nagy will insist on throwing it 45 times and trying to keep pace, when he has two very capable backs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 3:52 PM, K197040 said:

 

Sit him at your own risk.  I've read from several sources on Rotoworld that they will have to run the ball when the weather gets cold.  I mean...there were no stats provided but thinking about it makes perfect sense.

 

Cold weather will impact (slow down) larger players the most because their body mass will have a larger proportion being colder.   So defensive linemen will not be able to react as quickly to Howard.   Who while big, is not nearly as big as the linemen.    And since all the Oline has to do is block, it won't affect them as much and they will have an easier time controlling the line.   Should mean more open holes and plenty of room for Howard to run.

 

Nagy will be aware of this and script the plays accordingly.

 

Never rely on the seasons again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

But Nagy will insist on throwing it 45 times and trying to keep pace, when he has two very capable backs. 

This is my problem with the team. Their defense is insanely good and have very capable backs. They can actually compete with the true elites if they play their cards right. The problem is, they don’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread needs more get off my team gifs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gohawks said:

This is my problem with the team. Their defense is insanely good and have very capable backs. They can actually compete with the true elites if they play their cards right. The problem is, they don’t.

Oh I agree completely. I was so high on Howard going into this year, so watching him week after week being phased out is maddening. The dude has the talent but can't operate when Nagy slams you up the middle with no fullback on any carries he actually gets. On the flip side Bears are 8-3 so whatever is working... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brettg57 said:

Oh I agree completely. I was so high on Howard going into this year, so watching him week after week being phased out is maddening. The dude has the talent but can't operate when Nagy slams you up the middle with no fullback on any carries he actually gets. On the flip side Bears are 8-3 so whatever is working... 

It’s working against this competition. With this defense, they can actually be a super bowl contender. However, they aren’t because they pass too much when everything around them is built to run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ff062018 said:

I’m not starting Howard primarily because I have way better options. But I’m not sure I would even start him if my only other option was Jerome Bettis. I’ve been burned too many times and I’m done. 

 

With that said, I’m going to predict a blow up game for Howard today. 20+ standard points. I think the Bears actually pound the ball today on an extra- short week with their backup QB, and because we’ve finally come to accept in the fantasy community that they’re never going to pound the ball. 

I will laugh at myself because I can finally drop with confidence now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

I have to ask you a question.

 

Do Bears fans actually think this coach is good? I mean genuinely? This is now two weeks in a row that incredible defensive plays have bailed out some of the worst second half play calling I have ever seen watching football. 

 

Can't wait for them to get absolutely obliterated in the playoffs. i was actually really rooting for them after they got Mack. However, the hatred I have developed for Nagy makes it impossible to even remotely root for the team.

 

Im not a Bears fan but he's taken a last place 5-11 team and has them at 8-3 on top of their competitive division and a team with a dominant defense I wouldn't want to see in the postseason. I would have zero complaints as a Bears fan. 

Edited by Dexter75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

But Nagy will insist on throwing it 45 times and trying to keep pace, when he has two very capable backs. 

 

This is 2018 NFL, not 2014. The power running game is dead and thats all Howard is good for. Cohen has been doing good when he gets the ball in space. As a Cohen owner, would like to see him used more like Hunt is in KC, but Nagy is no Reid. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dexter75 said:

 

This is 2018 NFL, not 2014. The power running game is dead and thats all Howard is good for. Cohen has been doing good when he gets the ball in space. As a Cohen owner, would like to see him used more like Hunt is in KC, but Nagy is no Reid. 

Agreed...no team can design run plays anymore. It is all pick plays in the middle of the field and short passes to rbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

This is 2018 NFL, not 2014. The power running game is dead and thats all Howard is good for. Cohen has been doing good when he gets the ball in space. As a Cohen owner, would like to see him used more like Hunt is in KC, but Nagy is no Reid. 

OK but you can also be smart and come up with a strategy to slow the game down by running the clock down, and running the ball. Nagy is extremely creative with Cohen, Tarik just tries to do too much sometimes. Chicago has two very capable backs to achieve this. How do you think "the greatest show on turf" got beat years back? Never said Nagy was Reid, I said he comes from that staff/coaching tree. 

Edited by Brettg57

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

This is 2018 NFL, not 2014. The power running game is dead and thats all Howard is good for. Cohen has been doing good when he gets the ball in space. As a Cohen owner, would like to see him used more like Hunt is in KC, but Nagy is no Reid. 

Cohen and Howard for that matter are nothing like Hunt, so Cohen will never be used like Hunt. Cohen will continue to get some passing work and Howard will continue to grind it out between the tackles and neither will ever be a top 15 back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

 

This is 2018 NFL, not 2014. The power running game is dead and thats all Howard is good for. Cohen has been doing good when he gets the ball in space. As a Cohen owner, would like to see him used more like Hunt is in KC, but Nagy is no Reid. 

Teams like Seattle, Dallas, and LA are using the run game just fine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Teams like Seattle, Dallas, and LA are using the run game just fine. 

 

Do you know what a "power run game" is? Because its not what the Rams do at all. Dallas doesn't either really, Zeke has like 4 games this year with more than 20 carries. Him and Gurley do most of their damage on screen passes, not running plays. I'll give you Seattle, one team....

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old days of one big running back getting 20 carries is dead. It was dead early in the season while people hoped against what they were walking weekly. The nfl is changing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Bears fan, my fear is when they play better teams their lack of a run game is going to cost them. Say what you will about how pass happy the league is now, but at some point you have to be able to run the football effectively in order to control clock, keep the other offense (be it a Rams or a Saints) off the field, kill off the game with a lead, etc. The lack of any chunk plays by Howard is mind boggling to me- it's always seems like it's 1 yard run into the line. Don't know if it's scheme or poor run blocking but it is maddening to watch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

 

This is 2018 NFL, not 2014. The power running game is dead and thats all Howard is good for. Cohen has been doing good when he gets the ball in space. As a Cohen owner, would like to see him used more like Hunt is in KC, but Nagy is no Reid. 

 

Nick Chubb is bringing it back. Hunt is more Kamara than Cohen IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.