ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

I get the shift to pass happy but Nagy doesn't really optimize this offense imo. Lots of questionable calls.

really doesn't help Howard and it's probably best to drop him in 12- leagues 

It's ok saying drop him in 12 man leagues. But pick up who? My two RB's are Cook and Howard. No one wants to talk trade in my league, so I have to pick someone up from the waiver. In a 12 man league, all first and second choices are gone. I think I'm stuck with my poor choice because I didn't move quickly enough early in the season.

18 minutes ago, Tomptastic said:

It's ok saying drop him in 12 man leagues. But pick up who? My two RB's are Cook and Howard. No one wants to talk trade in my league, so I have to pick someone up from the waiver. In a 12 man league, all first and second choices are gone. I think I'm stuck with my poor choice because I didn't move quickly enough early in the season.

At least there is a pretty good chance that Howard will get the goal-line carries.

2 hours ago, munde53 said:

Sure if you just want to simplify things for a joke but you're missing the point. Nagy wants an explosive offense that can score on any given play and run up the score like the Chiefs, Rams, Saints, etc. He doesn't have a good enough QB (at least at the moment) to fully replicate those offenses but that's what he wants to do. There has been a huge shift in the NFL over the past few years and this season it has taken over. Teams would rather pass on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down opposed to hand the ball off 20+ times a game. Cohen fits that style of offense much, much, much better than Howard.

Cohen cannot handle a major number of carries because he's little.  And Cohen seems to have a hard time holding on to the football.  

Bears are benefitting from a last place schedule, plus facing the pitiful AFC East.  And the NFC North is obviously down as a division this year.

This happened to McAdoo, too.  The Giants won in spite of him in 2016.  Then the wheels fell completely off the wagon in 2017.  I look forward to Nagy suspending key defenders, then getting fired with 5 or 6 games to go in the 2019 season.

Just traded him away for Ebron. If I didn't just lose both my TE's I would have held him for the rest of the season in case of injury but with no intent of playing him again. Good Luck to those who need him. I will pray for an ice aged like cold for you so JOHO will produce like the upside RB2 he was drafted as. :)

He will be much better next year when he’s traded to Miami.

40 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Bump.   This thread is supposed to always be on page 1.

I need a daily reminder letting me know that if I took CMC instead of this bum I’d have an 11-1 powerhouse. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Kenyan Drake says hi. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Trade him for Drake. It’s perfect.

Miami has no idea how to use a back with a vast skill set yet Nagy is desperate for those players.

Chicago has no idea how to run the ball yet Miami is desperate to pound the rock.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Trade him for Drake. It’s perfect.

Miami has no idea how to use a back with a vast skill set yet Nagy is desperate for those players.

Chicago has no idea how to run the ball yet Miami is desperate to pound the rock.

There's actually quite a bit of merit to this post. 

Trubisky out and DET offense on crutches should have been the perfect scenario for Howard.  And somehow he puts up his worst game of the year.  You can't make this stuff up.  No way you can touch this guy again this year, or any game in which he plays for Matt Nagy.   What an absolute joke of a season.

• Like 2

It amazes me how much action this thread gets. You don’t see people talking about LeSean McCoy so much each week. 

21 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

It amazes me how much action this thread gets. You don’t see people talking about LeSean McCoy so much each week. 

McCoy isn't going to suddenly appear when it gets cold and carry teams to fantasy glory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I need a daily reminder letting me know that if I took CMC instead of this bum I’d have an 11-1 powerhouse. 

Could have had devontae adams, or Adam theilen over here. Makes me ******** sick. I will continue to dance on this bums grave! 

1 hour ago, y2jbones said:

Mccoy didnt have this much hype and he didn't bust as bad as Howard did. 

3 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Could have had devontae adams, or Adam theilen over here. Makes me ******** sick. I will continue to dance on this bums grave! 

I took him 13th overall. Minus injuries, it's the worst draft decision I have ever made. Bum is going to most likely cost me a first round bye. 

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I took him 13th overall. Minus injuries, it's the worst draft decision I have ever made. Bum is going to most likely cost me a first round bye. 

Not so thinly veiled brag

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Wow...that's way to early.   The optimal place to take him was 21st.  

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

First season of Miller going to the Texans I took him mid 1st after falling for the hype. This is second to that lol

How do we feel about Howard this week?  Bears are going up against the Giants.  Surely Nagy won't be dialing up another 37 pass plays if Daniel plays for Trubiesky again.  Giants run D is nowhere near Detroits improved run D...

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

How do we feel about Howard this week?  Bears are going up against the Giants.  Surely Nagy won't be dialing up another 37 pass plays if Daniel plays for Trubiesky again.  Giants run D is nowhere near Detroits improved run D...

What on Earth makes you say that?

• Like 2

Because it would be patently absurd for a coach to call nearly 40 pass plays in a game where his team had a big lead (likely with turnover machine Eli at the controls) and the backup QB is in the game.

Patently absurd I tells ya!