ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Because it would be patently absurd for a coach to call nearly 40 pass plays in a game where his team had a big lead (likely with turnover machine Eli at the controls) and the backup QB is in the game.

Patently absurd I tells ya!

Nagy will say “Hold my Beer” and do just that. 

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

How do we feel about Howard this week?  Bears are going up against the Giants.  Surely Nagy won't be dialing up another 37 pass plays if Daniel plays for Trubiesky again.  Giants run D is nowhere near Detroits improved run D...

I'm benching him if Trubisky is out. The Bears offense isn't nearly as powerful with Chase Daniel, which means Jordan Howard has less opportunities for those 1-yd GL TDs that give him any sort of fantasy value. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the_wolfman said:

I'm benching him if Trubisky is out. The Bears offense isn't nearly as powerful with Chase Daniel, which means Jordan Howard has less opportunities for those 1-yd GL TDs that give him any sort of fantasy value. 

so you'd play him if Trubisky starts?

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

How do we feel about Howard this week?  Bears are going up against the Giants.  Surely Nagy won't be dialing up another 37 pass plays if Daniel plays for Trubiesky again.  Giants run D is nowhere near Detroits improved run D...

Nagy has done exactly what you claim he won't week after week. Howard is not worth starting whether mitch is in or not. You're relying on goal line TDs with this guy. There is better out there

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 1

I guess I was being a bit sarcastic.  Unfortunately, the Giants can be passed on and run on.  Nagy will probably install yet another pass-happy gameplan.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 2:18 PM, JJ1223 said:

Trubisky out and DET offense on crutches should have been the perfect scenario for Howard.  And somehow he puts up his worst game of the year.  You can't make this stuff up.  No way you can touch this guy again this year, or any game in which he plays for Matt Nagy.   What an absolute joke of a season.

Nagy hates us

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

ya has a rb sucked against the giants yet this year? 

Howard will start 8/45 in the first half and Bears will have 24-0 lead.

Nagy will feel satisfied with the lead and so he will pad Trubisky’s stats the entire 3rd quarter. At this point Howard will have 10-55.

Then when they’re up 38-3 or something he will slam Howard into a wall 10 times giving him 20-60. His YPC will be terrible because of this and he will be labeled as a bum giving Nagy more reason to throw the next game.

Writing is on the wall. 

• Like 2

Dropped him for Ekeler last week. Suprisingly, Ekeler is now the starter, so this worked out perfectly for me since Howard was useless on my bench. What a shame, especially since I could have had Theilen or TyFreak instead of him in the 3rd round...

• Thanks 1

Going into the playoffs...and with bye weeks out of the way, I dropped him in the two leagues I have him for Malcom Brown and Rod Smith...handcuffs for Gurley and EzE.  Both will have more value than Howard if one of my studs goes down.  My other RB's in both leagues coincidentally are Brieda and Lindsay.

It felt like the Hulk gif above to me LOL.

Edited by Damn Yankee

On 11/26/2018 at 2:58 PM, Gohawks said:

I took him 13th overall. Minus injuries, it's the worst draft decision I have ever made. Bum is going to most likely cost me a first round bye. 

This would have been far more respectable if you’d have just told the truth.  Your league-mates have been laughing at you for months and you received no shortage of low-ball trade offers for the few fantasy assets on your roster.  

I am getting the crazy urge to throw Howard into the lineup this week.  The Giants are pretty bad at stopping the run, and the weather should be windy and sloppy outdoors at NY.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am getting the crazy urge to throw Howard into the lineup this week.  The Giants are pretty bad at stopping the run, and the weather should be windy and sloppy outdoors at NY.

Had a weird feeling he will have a good game against NY. Basing this off of absolutely nothing tho lol

I just know this plug is gonna go off this week, on my bench when I finally sit him.  It would make sense bc Howard and bc Nagy 🙄

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Good luck. We've seen this story before. But maybe just maybe this is one of his good fantasy games. Hopefully mitch starts 

Who else is starting Howard this week?

I'm riding this one out can't stop now.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, datsyuk said:

Dropped him for Ekeler last week. Suprisingly, Ekeler is now the starter, so this worked out perfectly for me since Howard was useless on my bench. What a shame, especially since I could have had Theilen or TyFreak instead of him in the 3rd round...

What kind of 8 man team league are you in where ekler was available?

4 hours ago, n4sa said:

Who else is starting Howard this week?

I'm riding this one out can't stop now.

giphy.gif

Well considering fournette is suspended... I am. Good matchup though

On 11/28/2018 at 7:04 AM, Panthers8912 said:

ya has a rb sucked against the giants yet this year? 

Good question. And because I don't have a sense of humor, I had to look that up:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/2018.htm

image.png.15f8317e446eb47e4d3a19da943e0e55.png

The Texans and the Falcons didn't rush a lot, but that was mostly because they were absolutely killing them through the air.
- Texans: Blue had 4/12 rushing + 1/4 receiving, Miller had 10/10 + 5/41/1. I would say Blue "sucked" from a fantasy perspective.
- Falcons: Coleman got 11/50/1 + 2/32, Ito had 7/16 + 2/29. I would say neither sucked (all things considered).

Every other offense seems to have basically rushed at will, so definitely there is room for Jordan/Cohen.

8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Good question. And because I don't have a sense of humor, I had to look that up:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/2018.htm

image.png.15f8317e446eb47e4d3a19da943e0e55.png

The Texans and the Falcons didn't rush a lot, but that was mostly because they were absolutely killing them through the air.
- Texans: Blue had 4/12 rushing + 1/4 receiving, Miller had 10/10 + 5/41/1. I would say Blue "sucked" from a fantasy perspective.
- Falcons: Coleman got 11/50/1 + 2/32, Ito had 7/16 + 2/29. I would say neither sucked (all things considered).

Every other offense seems to have basically rushed at will, so definitely there is room for Jordan/Cohen.

And definitely room for Howard to be the exception to the trend just as easily, and probably more likely.