ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

4 minutes ago, LuckyLukas said:

dont make me nervous Guys..he is sitting on my bench but after reading some posts of him blowing up I have second thoughts. If the game was in Chicago, I would put him in

This is the game for him perform. Good matchup...all about game flow. I'm starting him but it is 100% gut feeling. He has one of the better paper matchups of the RBs on my team.

If he fails, I can live with it because I went with my gut. The last thing I want to do is leave him on the bench and he puts up more points than who I was going to bench...Man I love fantasy football! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

This is the game for him perform. Good matchup...all about game flow. I'm starting him but it is 100% gut feeling. He has one of the better paper matchups of the RBs on my team.

If he fails, I can live with it because I went with my gut. The last thing I want to do is leave him on the bench and he puts up more points than who I was going to bench...Man I love fantasy football! 

Yeah. I’m going to start him over Dion Lewis and Marlon Mack. I have a gut feeling he is going to get into the end zone twice today. I miss MGIII :(

This is as good as it gets. 

Severely Outplayed by Cohen yet again 

3 minutes ago, Guwop said:

This is as good as it gets. 

Severely Outplayed by Cohen yet again 

Nagy lost this game. Howard was running fantastic and he went away from it. Mizzell  is getting way too many touches. Bears are going to lose to the Rams next week, Green Bay and Minnesota and miss the playoffs. And I’ll be laughing my a** off. He’s an overrated coach. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Nagy lost this game. Howard was running fantastic and he went away from it. Mizzell  is getting way too many touches. Bears are going to lose to the Rams next week, Green Bay and Minnesota and miss the playoffs. And I’ll be laughing my a** off. He’s an overrated coach. 

That's all well and good but none of that is positive for Howard's outlook ROS. It only gets worse when Trubisky returns and they are throwing 40 times a game. It's just not Howard's season

2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

That's all well and good but none of that is positive for Howard's outlook ROS. It only gets worse when Trubisky returns and they are throwing 40 times a game. It's just not Howard's season

Agreed. I'm just gonna be happy when the Bears miss the playoffs and all this BS surrounding the Bears is put to rest. He's a garbage coach and doesn't know what he's doing. 

Howard got three flipping carries the entire second half. Wtf!! Nagy just completely abandoning the run. hey let's keep having Chase freaking Daniels botch the snaps and throw it. What a joke

• Like 3

Let me get this straight.

You have a lead at half time with a bad backup QB and you are running the ball extremely well yet you still throw 40 times? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

Ah. Feels great benching Howard because now I can just point and laugh at how stupid Nagy is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SB: “Well the weather outside is frightful, and my production, is not, delightful....”

Edited by BMcP

Why do people keep expecting nagy is going to change his playcalling. . he won't.  He prefers to move the ball passing than running and Howard is not part an important part of his offensive schemes. 

13 weeks has told you everything you need to know in terms of starting or sitting Howard.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Why do people keep expecting nagy is going to change his playcalling. . he won't.  He prefers to move the ball passing than running and Howard is not part an important part of his offensive schemes. 

13 weeks has told you everything you need to know in terms of starting or sitting Howard.

This is what I'm trying to figure out. He's done this almost every week and people still start him and complain about coaching. Dude should have been dropped. If you're starting Howard this late in the season then you deserve the dud

• Like 1

Chase Daniel is a dog's dinner quarterback.  Nagy is a moron of all morons for putting the game in Daniel's hands in the second half.

In fact, Daniel fumbled three times.  In ONE drive!  Ugh.

He has one more year on his rookie contract? Here is hoping for an offseason trade because I cant go another year of this on my dynasty team, lol.

Bears finally run out of luck. Nagy is an idiot and his playcalling cost Bears another game..

As for Howard..he is slow as f....he should have scored on that cut outside

6 minutes ago, LuckyLukas said:

Bears finally run out of luck. Nagy is an idiot and his playcalling cost Bears another game..

As for Howard..he is slow as f....he should have scored on that cut outside

No duh.  He's built for colder weather when the icy temps will slow down the defense.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, dashoe said:

It's really no longer expecting Nagy to change his play calling. It's more along the lines of just laughing at his terrible play calling.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It's really no longer expecting Nagy to change his play calling. It's more along the lines of just laughing at his terrible play calling.

Pretty much this. I started him on a league I already had a bye in. Don't really care about Howard anymore. He is underused of course, but watching Nagy's awful schemes crash and burn is hysterical. 

• Like 1

At this point, is there any point in holding on to Jordan Howard?  I'm in a PPR league no less. 

Seems like i'll be chasing yardage and touchdowns only and that's if Nagy still runs plays for him after a half. 

23 minutes ago, saab93boi said:

At this point, is there any point in holding on to Jordan Howard?  I'm in a PPR league no less. 

Seems like i'll be chasing yardage and touchdowns only and that's if Nagy still runs plays for him after a half. 

I would probably drop in a PPR league. I have him in standard and am stuck. He gets the ball too much to drop him for a Richard/Theo type but cannot play him with Nagy's bizarre play calling. Consider yourself lucky that you can just drop him. 

1 minute ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

I would probably drop in a PPR league. I have him in standard and am stuck. He gets the ball too much to drop him for a Richard/Theo type but cannot play him with Nagy's bizarre play calling. Consider yourself lucky that you can just drop him. 

I dropped him in a 12 team standard. Sick of looking at his ugly mug and I don't think anyone is desperate enough in the playoffs of a 12 team to start him. 

I had him in two leagues. I dropped him in all leagues. I decided it was best when I concluded I don't trust him enough to start him anymore no matter what he does this week. I am a very patient fantasy player. Usually it pays off but a player like this illustrates the sometimes downside of sticking with it.

• Like 1