Sign in to follow this  
ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

PFF, accounting for the loss of SItton and the slump Whitehair had, moved Bears O-Line down to 13th entering this year. But that's still a very solid grade, particularly as a Whitehair rebound or Daniels playing a bit up-to-or-over expectations can put you in the top 10. And again, the strength of this line is the Interior. RT is the biggest weakness, and even Bobby Massie is a bit more serviceable in the run game IMO. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

rudimentary 'capping for spits and giggles ...

 

Zeke 9/5

Gurley 2/1

Lenny Snaps 7/2

MGIII 5/1

 

Howard i'd lay at 7/1 ... so, not necessarily "dark horse" in the true sense of the term - i don't think anyone in the magick foosball community would be shocked if he did lead that category. 

 

you want a real 75/1 level dark horse?

 

Corey Clement. 

 

 

 

Actually love this dark horse pick. Would take every other rb on the roster getting injured though bc DP mandates a rbbc unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun fact about Jordan Howard. No idea what game this was but it was late last season. This dudes shoulder got ****** or something idk. Not sure what the injury was and pretty sure he bears were down but he refused to come out of the game and scored a goal oline td for me to win my week. Wish I could remember more about this but you can bet Howard is loved in the locker room. Will be taking Howard in he third round easily this year. Man how is this guy so underrated. Worst passing offense in the league he puts up 1k yards. Wonder how many rbs are doing that. 

 

 

This could be what what I was talking about. Memories a little fuzzy tbh I drink while watching football

 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-jordan-howard-bears-shoulder-injury-0924-story,amp.html

Edited by Panthers8912

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Fun fact about Jordan Howard. No idea what game this was but it was late last season. This dudes shoulder got ****** or something idk. Not sure what the injury was and pretty sure he bears were down but he refused to come out of the game and scored a goal oline td for me to win my week. Wish I could remember more about this but you can bet Howard is loved in the locker room. Will be taking Howard in he third round easily this year. Man how is this guy so underrated. Worst passing offense in the league he puts up 1k yards. Wonder how many rbs are doing that. 

 

 

This could be what what I was talking about. Memories a little fuzzy tbh I drink while watching football

 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-jordan-howard-bears-shoulder-injury-0924-story,amp.html

 

He played a good portion of last season thru a sprained AC joint. Which is just yet another reason why the fact that he had a 4+ YPC in a terrible system that telegraphed the run with no passing options is just impressive as hell, and why I expect closer to his career average 4.6 in 2018.

 

especially as a physical back that lowers his shoulder

Edited by taobball
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Actually love this dark horse pick. Would take every other rb on the roster getting injured though bc DP mandates a rbbc unfortunately 

 

yeah ... Ajayi may be primed for a monster season here, but who knows how he'll hold up - he's a very polarizing cat - and Sproles is slippery down at the stripe, but not the preferred option. of course. 

 

a more accesible dark horse would be CJA, imo ... love CMac in the ppr gig. but the ex-Bronc could see a bevy of boucous GL love.

 

meh, pardon the hijack here ... lotta pertinent Howard talk/spec going on. great thread. 

 

carry on. lads. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

While every team ran more than 50% of the time, The Bears ran the most. 70% of stacked fronts met with a run. Only teams with more stacked front runs were teh Jags Bills and Titans. 

 

Again, perhaps fewer carries. Every carry more valuable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taobball said:

 

While every team ran more than 50% of the time, The Bears ran the most. 70% of stacked fronts met with a run. Only teams with more stacked front runs were teh Jags Bills and Titans. 

 

Again, perhaps fewer carries. Every carry more valuable. 

 

$$$$$ Money Mitch $$$$$ gotta loosen that ish up ... big question marks at WR, but i believe they will pass the test accordingly ... Miller/Gabriel are especially intriguing if Nagy fashions one of them (perhaps both?) a Tyreek Hill kinda gig ... we all know what a healthy AR15 is capable of, and White has all the chops one could ask for. 

 

toss in the mismatches Tarik and Burton will create, and the recipe for less cloggy fronts is quantum - now these kids gotta step up and execute. 

 

sign. me. up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this