colepenhagen

Robinson Cano 2018 Outlook

5 hours ago, Picard56 said:

Gordon beckham???? I just vomited in my mouth.

He’s been doing good in AAA.  K:BB been nasty.  19 BB to 14 K’s.  If he can bring that same approach up here (highly unlikely) than he could be an okay stop gap.  Going to be tough replacing Cano.  Someone going to have to step up big.  

17 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

He’s been doing good in AAA.  K:BB been nasty.  19 BB to 14 K’s.  If he can bring that same approach up here (highly unlikely) than he could be an okay stop gap.  Going to be tough replacing Cano.  Someone going to have to step up big.  

I was thinking about this earlier about how Cano's injury would effect the team... while it's a big loss, I can see some of the guys stepping up. They have a pretty deep lineup right now, Haniger, Cruz, Segura, Gordon and now the emergence of Healy.. Dang shame that Cano got injured.

• Like 1

[ Good day, baseball fans!  There are unverified and/or debunked reports of Cano being suspended for PED abuse going around today.  At this time, there is no reason to believe that they are credible reports, so please stop posting them until they've been independently confirmed by a reputable news outlet or a representative of Cano, the Mariners, or MLB. ]

I don't want to argue, or derail the thread, but Hector Gomez is a pretty well respected reporter in the DR.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

I don't want to argue, or derail the thread, but Hector Gomez is a pretty well respected reporter in the DR.  

[ Fair enough.  I've boldfaced "independently" to note that the problem here isn't the source, but the lack of independent confirmation. ]

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carlos Correa said:

Confirmed suspension.

Sigh.  Well, in that case:

image.thumb.png.12c5c2dc97333c566c087ea05d76beff.png

• Haha 1

Also note that a suspension doesn't take place while a player is on the DL. So he will have to serve his DL stint for his broken hand then miss 80 games on top of that. His season may be over.

Edited by Carlos Correa

2 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Also note that a suspension doesn't take place while a player is on the DL. So he will have to serve his DL stint for his broken hand then miss 80 games on top of that. His season may be over.

when did they change that rule?

Well, technically his DL stint is only 10 days, right?  So, he's out 90 total?

Is this accurate? I believe he can serve while on DL.

• Like 1

Just now, cdd10 said:

when did they change that rule?

^

Edited by kmoore1521

1 minute ago, Sidearmer said:

Is this accurate? I believe he can serve while on DL.

A player may serve a suspension while on the Disabled List; the suspension isn't delayed while the player is on the DL. [1] A suspension that is served while on the DL may be harmless in terms of missing games in the major leagues, but it also costs the player his normal salary during the suspension (which he would otherwise have collected while on the DL), and also affects his rehab.

• Thanks 1

Just now, cdd10 said:

A player may serve a suspension while on the Disabled List; the suspension isn't delayed while the player is on the DL. [1] A suspension that is served while on the DL may be harmless in terms of missing games in the major leagues, but it also costs the player his normal salary during the suspension (which he would otherwise have collected while on the DL), and also affects his rehab.

yea i thought this was the rule idk where other guy got his info from haha

take your time on the hand cheater......guess ill still use you in august maybe

Edited by kmoore1521

Suspension of 90 games for PEDS 

I don't feel even a little bit sorry for this son of a bitch . 

They deserve to suspend them a whole year .

Bye bye HOF. No surprise here! He should be dropped in all leagues IMO.

Edited by tonycpsu
Fight-starting non-fantasy-relevant attack on Cano removed.

DdQelTWUwAADDg0.jpg:large

dr evil whatever GIF

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

Weaselly passive voice statements from the athlete are always the most pathetic part of this ritual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Furosemide doesn't look like a PED, could it be a masking agent? If it's a masking agent then his HOF are completely shot. 

I believe it is a masking agent. 

1 minute ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Furosemide doesn't look like a PED, could it be a masking agent? If it's a masking agent then his HOF are completely shot. 

Yup.

Furosemide is on the World Anti-Doping Agency's banned drug list due to concerns that it may mask other drugs.[5]

A sad beginning of the end to a historic career.

• Like 1