colepenhagen

Robinson Cano 2018 Outlook

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, flowbee said:

For $24 million a year I don't think that's a stretch

Teams in contention don't always look solely at contracts...sometimes they try to put the best players on the field, you know.

1 minute ago, Roto4500 said:

Teams in contention don't always look solely at contracts...sometimes they try to put the best players on the field, you know.

Are you trying to say Cano isn't one of their best players?

I picked him up today.  Little surprised he lasted this long in FA, since it's a league of mostly Seattle'ites.  Window has to be closing on his availability, esp in H2H leagues, I would think.

23 minutes ago, David Aames said:

Pretty boring fantasy player now...Not alot of power anymore...off PEDS

Prior to being suspended his 150 game pace was .287 (.385 OBP, .826 OPS), 92 Rs, 88 RBIs.  Yes, only on pace for 16, 17 HRs, but those counting stats and the triple slash line will still play at 2B in most formats.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 89Topps said:

I picked him up today.  Little surprised he lasted this long in FA, since it's a league of mostly Seattle'ites.  Window has to be closing on his availability, esp in H2H leagues, I would think.

Initially read this as HGH leagues.  He's long gone in those.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Once he's reinstated, he'll still have to go through a minor league assignment, wont he? That's a long time off to not see any live pitching. I'm sure he's staying in shape and has someone pitching to him.....but still. By the time he adjusts and is ready, you might have been better off with another waiver wire option. Just a thought. I just don't see him as the guy that wins you the title. 

From what i understand, he will be able to play minor league games prior to being reinstated.  Should be ready to roll once his suspension is served. 

1 minute ago, Braves16 said:

From what i understand, he will be able to play minor league games prior to being reinstated.  Should be ready to roll once his suspension is served. 

He can play minor leagues games starting August 1st. So he'll have two weeks of game action under his belt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radioflyer9 said:

It’s been said that he will play everyday, at 2nd, 1st and DH 

Link?

I haven't seen this anywhere. Per RW: "Cano will serve more as a bench bat for this surprising Seattle team"

4 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:

Link?

I haven't seen this anywhere. Per RW: "Cano will serve more as a bench bat for this surprising Seattle team"

That's a scorching hot and terrible take. RW have any sources to suggest he's a bench bat other than drawing conclusions off of Seattle wanting to keep Dee primarily at 2B?

• Like 1

I definitely remember reading from a legitimate source that he would be playing everyday, I don't remember where. I remember because he was dropped in my league when it was originally stated months ago that he would be a bench player upon his return because he isn't eligible for the post-season and the Mariners would need Dee Gordon playing at 2B everyday to get reps for the post-season.

Mariners offense been scuffling badly.  When they mentioned him as a bench bat the team was on fire.  Since then things have changed.  In reality Ryon Healy sucks.  This guy will feast on the children of the poor but him and his .270 OBP don’t really put up competitive at bats by anyone with a pulse.  Kyle Seager still OPSing at .690, he won’t sit a ton but you could toss Healy over a 3B vs lefties from time to time and put Cano at 1B.  You’ll probably see Dee or Cruz move to OF from time to time and Cano shift to 2B or DH then.  Bottom line he’ll play a lot.  If this team wants to make the playoffs they’ll need he bat.  A lot of guys in this team have came back to earth offensively.  

• Like 1

At this rate you can pretty much guarantee he’ll be playing everyday upon return.  This lineup has completely tanked.  There’s 4-5 guys with zero business being in a regular starting lineup on this team right now.  And a handful of other guys who are just atrocious real life bats (Dee Gordon/Ryon Healy).  If this sinkin ship is going to be saved offensively it’s going to have to be by Cano.  

• Like 1

Now is the time if he’s available. I could see him come back and be the same old guy we know and love. 

27 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

Any confirmation that he is with the M's on the 14th?

I'd say there's a 99% chance. He is eligible then, he has been hitting well on his rehab assignment (and playing good defense) and has stayed in game shape throughout his suspension. Should be all systems go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rrrrich46 said:

Any confirmation that he is with the M's on the 14th?

He'll play as soon as he's eligible. Lord knows we need his bat now

• Like 1