twoseemer

J.T. Realmuto 2018 Outlook

Started his thread for 2018. Yeah he is still a Marlin. Darn it Jeter trade him to the Nationals!

Top NL Catcher behind Contreras? Realmuto is entering his prime. Why did he lose in arbitration geez!

https://www.fishstripes.com/2018/2/2/16954346/arbitration-panel-rules-in-favor-of-miami-marlins-jt-realmuto-loses-case-sets-salary-for-2018-season

Not sure if his spring training stats means anything, but a .211 BA with 1 HR do not scream passion/enthusiasm at all! Hopefully the whole Marlins trades did not hurt his mental stability!

And, yes, looking forward for the day, hopefully in the near future, of him being traded to a contender, or the BRAVES! 

Posted (edited)

He's behind Sanchez, Posey, and Contreras. Good player, shoddy team.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

Heard this week he was talking 20-steals - which is one of those great hidden bonuses when you get catcher steals, could be a decent value

43 minutes ago, parrothead said:

Heard this week he was talking 20-steals - which is one of those great hidden bonuses when you get catcher steals, could be a decent value

He'll be decent value regardless imo.  Especially when a guy like Posey almost never reaches his adp value.

How long is he expected to be on the DL?

2 hours ago, AHF said:

How long is he expected to be on the DL?

I'd assume just the minimum 10 days, it sounded like he could have been ready for opening day, so I wouldn't expect it to be long.

Might be one of those years when he hits the DL a bit more often. Trying to protect health and trade value. Not necessarily a major problem but just something to be aware of. 

I'm just looking at baseball-reference but it looks like he absolutely mashed in his first rehab game.  3-for-4 including a double and a homer, and he walked, too.  3 runs scored.

If he's still available grab him now.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I'm just looking at baseball-reference but it looks like he absolutely mashed in his first rehab game.  3-for-4 including a double and a homer, and he walked, too.  3 runs scored.

The walk was an intentional walk... really helpful for his rehab, I know. Thanks for the heads up. Good to know he can mash single A+ pitching.

Edited by lassetjus

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

I'm hoping he comes back soon and does his thing. He should be solid, and if he comes back and steals bases like he was talking about earlier? Watch out.

• Like 1

Is he going to be activated today?  The game is in less than 5 hours, still see no announcement...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cpdaly said:

Is he going to be activated today?  The game is in less than 5 hours, still see no announcement...

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Everybody is reporting that it's likely, but I can't find anything official yet. :blink:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miggy&Prince said:

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Everybody is reporting that it's likely, but I can't find anything official yet. :blink:

I third this, been looking all day for an update.

I hope he doesn't get traded to Mets.   They will use Plawecki twice a week and there is no DH.  Please no mets.   He is my C in 2 leagues.   Hit behind Castro and Bour and he will get RBI chances

3 minutes ago, rich22 said:

I hope he doesn't get traded to Mets.   They will use Plawecki twice a week and there is no DH.  Please no mets.   He is my C in 2 leagues.   Hit behind Castro and Bour and he will get RBI chances

Why is that? Is he the personal catcher for 2 of their SPs?

10 minutes ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

Why is that? Is he the personal catcher for 2 of their SPs?

I believe so.  I know organization loves him

Posted (edited)

Well SOB for saying oh Kershaw is pitching against him today, lets slide Sal Perez over to catcher lol. What a game and start to his season, surprised there isn't a little more action on this thread. As aggravated as I am having him benched today, love what I'm seeing from the guy so far. He already had trade buzz surrounding him, hitting like this must be making a lot of teams with lousy catchers be salivating to start some talks to acquire his talents.  

Edited by tonywow

Sample is way too small but I wonder if he is doing something different this season for more power. Rocking a .480 ISO and a hard hit % near 60%. He is 27 years old so that is about prime power age. He has reduced his ground ball % by having an unsustainable 40% line drive and the flyball rate is unchanged. Again sample is way too small but maybe we have another breakout here. Yes he is already good but maybe he can be even better.

Yeah but when is he going to start stealing some bases?

Just kidding.    ;)

Snagged this guy late in a couple drafts...what a steal that was. J.T. is gold from the catcher position.