smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Addition of LT C. Glenn is HUGE. Keep patching that line and helping our boy Joe.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Buffalo's line keeps on falling apart too.

Currently we have both "Shady" McCoy and " Shadier" Mixon

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Provided he stays healthy, I expect Mixon to have a very good year. I believe the coaching staff is committed to him and he has the tools. I just need them to continue to improve the oline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, affliction said:

Really high on Mixon next year

 

Me too. There's still value with him going in the 3rd round right now. If his ADP goes into the 2nd round tho, I'd be wary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Although I consider all of the factors, I draft by talent. It is the number one consideration for me. With that said, Mixon will be on all of my rosters next season. Felt the same way about Hopkins last year. The talent is undeniable. He is every bit as talented as those RBs going in the first round. The situation isn't ideal, but you won't be paying for ideal on draft day. This guy is an absolute stud and the league is about to find out. 

Edited by FinsUp24
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can get him as your RB2 you will be very happy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2018 at 3:51 PM, Lord_Varys said:

Buffalo's line keeps on falling apart too.

And they were already bad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2018 at 4:32 PM, Gmen07 said:

Provided he stays healthy, I expect Mixon to have a very good year. I believe the coaching staff is committed to him and he has the tools. I just need them to continue to improve the oline.

I still think a new coach would have benefited him more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/index.php?q=stats/ol

 

Difference is your source seems more like an opinion without actual stats.

 

I don't know, but offensive line rankings are always all over the place.

Edited by RMJ_12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

238 last year?  That can't be real can it? 

 

It's true, when he checked in at rookie mini-camp dude was nearly 240. He did lose a majority of that weight by mid-June, so he wasn't playing at 238 last season.

 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/6/12/15768780/losing-weight-joe-mixon-never-heavy-again

 

Edited by Mr2Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

 

 

He "figured" he was 238?  Have scales not been invented yet? Do staff not weight players for offseason fitness?  Am I a future person for knowing what a scale is?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why do people always say something like, "I like Mixon, but I dont trust Marvin Lewis to use him correctly". What has Marvin shown for people to even question Marvin's use of running backs? Only thing I can think of is using Jeremy Hill more often than he should. Other than that,  Rudi Johnson was a baller for a couple of years. Cedric Benson had a career resurgence in cincy.  BJGE had his best season ever with the Bengals. Kenny Watson put up 1000 all purpose yards in 2007.  Gio, when healthy, is a 1000 yard all purpose back.

 

Now, is Marvin a great coach? No. He's an average coach. But, the running game's success depends on the offensive line. Looks like they're gonna take linemen in the first 2 rounds. 

Edited by Chippa
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to break up the Mixon lovefest but I've seen nothing out of him to where I'd draft him as my RB1 or RB2. Right now your drafting on speculation. Don't get me wrong if he falls low enough I'll take a shot as well, but no way am I wasting an early round pick on him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a noted Mixon skeptic on page 1, but i'll admit the weight thing piqued my interest.      I had him last year, paid attention to his game, and really came away unimpressed.    Now I'm willing to bump him up a few spots.   Maybe one of you can help- there are a few instances of backs dropping weight, then improving their output, but i can't remember the exact details.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrianM said:

I was a noted Mixon skeptic on page 1, but i'll admit the weight thing piqued my interest.      I had him last year, paid attention to his game, and really came away unimpressed.    Now I'm willing to bump him up a few spots.   Maybe one of you can help- there are a few instances of backs dropping weight, then improving their output, but i can't remember the exact details.   

 

 

Look no further than the man Mixon models his game after.  Leveon Bell.  

 

Cincinnati has a bad line. And they didn’t take the reins off Mixon until the fat lady was on stage.    

Improved explosiveness + commitment to Mixon as the lead back + shoring up the line...it’s a big ask.    But i do believe in his talent.  As your rb2 he should be a good asset. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

 

Look no further than the man Mixon models his game after.  Leveon Bell.  

 

Cincinnati has a bad line. And they didn’t take the reins off Mixon until the fat lady was on stage.    

Improved explosiveness + commitment to Mixon as the lead back + shoring up the line...it’s a big ask.    But i do believe in his talent.  As your rb2 he should be a good asset. 

 

Perfect- Bell should've been an obvious one.     Now, lets see if Cincy can grab some interior line help to pair with Cordy Glenn, and make sure they dont draft a back high enough to scare.   After taking Bernard, Hill, and now Mixon all high in the last 5 years, i'd think they finally just give their guys a chance, but we'll wait and see.    Do both of those, and Mixon can get up to top RB2 status for me- alongside guys like Cook and Freeman. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, South Carolina said:

Sorry to break up the Mixon lovefest but I've seen nothing out of him to where I'd draft him as my RB1 or RB2. Right now your drafting on speculation. Don't get me wrong if he falls low enough I'll take a shot as well, but no way am I wasting an early round pick on him.

 

 I watched his games last season to see what they hype was about. I still don't get it, his running style needs an o-line to create his openings and he needs volume. he is not a rb that can create without a solid 0-line because he goes small and waits and waits and waits for an opening

What i didnt like was seeing how effective gio was running the ball when Mixon was injured. 

I don't know how you manage a Mixon-Gio backfield as an OC without tinkering week to week and being too clever. I don't think Gio is going to be regulated to cop or give mixon a breather role. 

Mixon is a rb2 in my book until the Gio role is established

Edited by dashoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 I watched his games last season to see what they hype was about. I still don't get it, his running style needs an o-line to create his openings and he needs volume. he is not a rb that can create without a solid 0-line because he goes small and waits and waits and waits for an opening

What i didnt like was seeing how effective gio was running the ball when Mixon was injured. 

I don't know how you manage a Mixon-Gio backfield as an OC without tinkering week to week and being too clever. I don't think Gio is going to be regulated to cop or give mixon a breather role. 

Mixon is a rb2 in my book until the Gio role is established

 

You aren’t saying anything we don’t already know.  He runs like Bell-   Now he’s changing his body like Bell.   Draft him as a high floor rb2 and you won’t  be disappointed.    After acquiring Glenn, they are one or two solid linemen from respectability.     Watching that closely to determine the upside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Mixon this year. Just need to see how expensive he gets as the hype gets louder and louder. Just hope his price can stay somewhat affordable and think he is a buy buy buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.