smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 6/23/2018 at 8:04 AM, Impreza178 said:

 

Research is doable....but a time machine isn’t.

 

the man to own in philly is Ajayi,  with clement a matchup dependent flex play.  If Ayajis bad knees flare up, Clement becomes a rb2 or better. 

Obviously I'm not saying to draft Sproles before Ajayi, but not much is going to change in Philly.  Peterson doesn't use a workhorse back.  Clement will get a bigger workload, Sproles will definitely be involved, Ajayi will have a slightly bigger workload and be much less efficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Obviously I'm not saying to draft Sproles before Ajayi, but not much is going to change in Philly.  Peterson doesn't use a workhorse back.  Clement will get a bigger workload, Sproles will definitely be involved, Ajayi will have a slightly bigger workload and be much less efficient.

1


Please explain the bolded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ponza88 said:


Please explain the bolded.

Sustaining a 5.8 yards per carry average with the Eagles this season is not very likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Sustaining a 5.8 yards per carry average with the Eagles this season is not very likely.

Which thread am I in?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

This situation is going to be similar to LeVeon Bell. Remember Bell didn’t do to great his rookie year and he became an afterthought, then lit it up the following year and helped win many leagues... and since then has been a consensus 1st round pick. Mixon is going to light it up this year and be a workhorse. Don’t miss out because this will be the cheapest you get him after this year. 

 

Except Le'Veon Bell had 1,260 yards and 8 TDs with 45 receptions in 13 games as a rookie and was the #9 overall PPR RB on a points-per-game basis.

 

Mixon had 913 yards and 4 TDs with 30 receptions in 14 games as a rookie and was the #31 overall PPR RB on a points-per-game basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

 

Except Le'Veon Bell had 1,260 yards and 8 TDs with 45 receptions in 13 games as a rookie and was the #9 overall PPR RB on a points-per-game basis.

 

Mixon had 913 yards and 4 TDs with 30 receptions in 14 games as a rookie and was the #31 overall PPR RB on a points-per-game basis.

Those aren't the same?

 

weird. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

It's literally a ROTOWORLD blurb.  Yeah, the website you're on right now.  Talk about lazy.  It's not my research if I've already seen it.  Do your own research.

 

Like I said...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Axe Elf said:

 

Except Le'Veon Bell had 1,260 yards and 8 TDs with 45 receptions in 13 games as a rookie and was the #9 overall PPR RB on a points-per-game basis.

 

Mixon had 913 yards and 4 TDs with 30 receptions in 14 games as a rookie and was the #31 overall PPR RB on a points-per-game basis.

 

Le’Veon bell also had over 300 carries and was the starter pretty much from when the season started. His only competition was Isaac Redman who ended up being released. Joe Mixon (178 carries) didn’t get his opportunity till later in the season and the team was a mess and the o-line as well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

 

Le’Veon bell also had over 300 carries and was the starter pretty much from when the season started. His only competition was Isaac Redman who ended up being released. Joe Mixon (178 carries) didn’t get his opportunity till later in the season and the team was a mess and the o-line as well. 

That only goes to further the point of the last few posts in this thread. 

 

Mixon and Leveon really don't have anything in common for their year 1, and it's ridiculous to draw the comparison to make the point of "See...Mixon is gonna be good now....cause Leveon and stuff."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Experienced Rookie said:

That only goes to further the point of the last few posts in this thread. 

 

Mixon and Leveon really don't have anything in common for their year 1, and it's ridiculous to draw the comparison to make the point of "See...Mixon is gonna be good now....cause Leveon and stuff."

 

Were talking in terms of the leap that was taken. LeVeon didn’t light it up his rookie year. but the following year when the o-line improved and offense he took a tremendous leap. He was over looked and for those who drafted him probably won their leagues for the production he gave based on where he was drafted.  I can see Joe Mixon taking a huge leap this year as a workhorse and showing he has elite skills. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Were talking in terms of the leap that was taken. LeVeon didn’t light it up his rookie year. but the following year when the o-line improved and offense he took a tremendous leap. He was over looked and for those who drafted him probably won their leagues for the production he gave based on where he was drafted.  I can see Joe Mixon taking a huge leap this year as a workhorse and showing he has elite skills. 

 

I guess, if you think being a top 10 PPR RB as a rookie isn't "lighting it up."  I doubt if he was "overlooked" after 1260/8 in 13 games, either--at least not by anyone paying attention.

 

And it STILL doesn't have anything to do with Mixon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

 

I guess, if you think being a top 10 PPR RB as a rookie isn't "lighting it up."  I doubt if he was "overlooked" after 1260/8 in 13 games, either--at least not by anyone paying attention.

 

And it STILL doesn't have anything to do with Mixon.

Leveon had a 3.05 ADP his second season. FWIW

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

Which thread am I in?

Le'veon Bell

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Experienced Rookie said:

Leveon had a 3.05 ADP his second season. FWIW

 

Axe Elf is never one to blow his own horn, but the year that Bell was a rookie, some guy recruited me to pilot a team in a 16 team dynasty league during the month before the season while the actual owner was on vacation.  It was a pretty crappy team; about the only asset he was holding was Jimmy Graham.  I traded Graham for the right to draft Le'Veon Bell and picked up Julius Thomas to replace Graham and everyone laughed, saying I had just ruined whatever shred of hope the guy had left.

 

In retrospect, it was just another example of Axe Elf's fantasy football brilliance, as Thomas went on to be a top 3 TE the next two years, and Bell worked out pretty nicely as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

 

Axe Elf is never one to blow his own horn, but the year that Bell was a rookie, some guy recruited me to pilot a team in a 16 team dynasty league during the month before the season while the actual owner was on vacation.  It was a pretty crappy team; about the only asset he was holding was Jimmy Graham.  I traded Graham for the right to draft Le'Veon Bell and picked up Julius Thomas to replace Graham and everyone laughed, saying I had just ruined whatever shred of hope the guy had left.

 

In retrospect, it was just another example of Axe Elf's fantasy football brilliance, as Thomas went on to be a top 3 TE the next two years, and Bell worked out pretty nicely as well.

And you say you don't like dynasty leagues. 

 

Nonsense. Get in there and mix it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I traded josh Norman for Zeke and the right to f--- my friends hot gf? Just another genius move made whatever tf my username is on here 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

 

Axe Elf is never one to blow his own horn, but the year that Bell was a rookie, some guy recruited me to pilot a team in a 16 team dynasty league during the month before the season while the actual owner was on vacation.  It was a pretty crappy team; about the only asset he was holding was Jimmy Graham.  I traded Graham for the right to draft Le'Veon Bell and picked up Julius Thomas to replace Graham and everyone laughed, saying I had just ruined whatever shred of hope the guy had left.

 

In retrospect, it was just another example of Axe Elf's fantasy football brilliance, as Thomas went on to be a top 3 TE the next two years, and Bell worked out pretty nicely as well.

 

In fairness, you axually ARE one to blow your own horn.    What I don’t hear is any kind of perspective gained from your disastrous 2016 season.  

 

Entertaining-   But potentially devastating for those who don’t realize Axe Elf is schtick.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2018 at 11:58 PM, Panthers8912 said:

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I traded josh Norman for Zeke and the right to f--- my friends hot gf? Just another genius move made whatever tf my username is on here 

I’ve seen how this one ends.  You’re leaving out the part of the story where, after that bold move, you then traded Zeke for Devante Parker and went ahead and on draft day you boned your friend instead of his hot gf on a hunch. Because you’d self aggrandizing preseason talk doesn’t axually materialize into real results and then you disappear from this forum like the anti-Bobby Fischer of fantasy football.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's going on here? 

 

Is panther also Axe Elf or is this a big joke I am not privy to? 

 

This is more interesting to me currently than whatever player's thread I found myself in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

What's going on here? 

 

Is panther also Axe Elf or is this a big joke I am not privy to? 

 

This is more interesting to me currently than whatever player's thread I found myself in. 

If you have to ask, you don’t play enough fantasy football.  Pretty sure Axe Elf said he played in 81 leagues 2 years ago.  So that’s probably a good starting point for those among us who want to get really serious about this.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

What's going on here? 

 

Is panther also Axe Elf or is this a big joke I am not privy to? 

 

This is more interesting to me currently than whatever player's thread I found myself in. 

Axe elf always brags about his expert trades and predictions and what not so I was just making fun of him by posting a very real trade I made in one of my leagues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I totally missed the rest of this thread. Some great s--- here. So basically Corey clement is the new joe mixon who is last year’s ajayi who is about to be caught smoking blunts with Bell? Did I get that right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 1:56 AM, Panthers8912 said:

Man I totally missed the rest of this thread. Some great s--- here. So basically Corey clement is the new joe mixon who is last year’s ajayi who is about to be caught smoking blunts with Bell? Did I get that right? 

 

Close. Darius Guice is the new Joe Mixon who is last year’s Jerick McKinnon and next year’s Royce Freeman, and it’s Robbie Anderson who was caught, but he wasn’t smoking blounts with Bell, he was caught breaking into Antonio Brown’s Rolls Royce stealing blounts for Blount. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the analysis and insight, guys. Great to enter the Mixon thread and be instantly transported back to middle school.

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now