smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, FoosballFan said:

Does anyone thing that Gio will do enough to get a larger role going forward?

yes, but only for a few weeks just to ease Joe back in. Mixon will still get majority touches

Wish he could come back this week for the juicy ATL match up, but rest up one more week, practice all week next week, and tear up the remaining schedule.  The ROS looks JUICY - Miami, Pittsburgh, KC, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Oakland, LA Chargers

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoosballFan said:

Does anyone thing that Gio will do enough to get a larger role going forward?

No

• Like 1

Officially out this week: 

Mixon (knee) is officially out for Sunday's game against the Falcons, Geoff Hobson of the Bengals' official site reports.

Analysis: As a result, Giovani Bernard will once again lead the Bengals' backfield in Week 4, with Mark Walton on hand to serve in a backup capacity. Mixon has noted that his knee is feeling good these days, but it's still too early to know if a return to action in Week 5 is in the cards for him.

Edited by HTM
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HTM said:

Officially out this week: 

Mixon (knee) is officially out for Sunday's game against the Falcons, Geoff Hobson of the Bengals' official site reports.

Analysis: As a result, Giovani Bernard will once again lead the Bengals' backfield in Week 4, with Mark Walton on hand to serve in a backup capacity. Mixon has noted that his knee is feeling good these days, but it's still too early to know if a return to action in Week 5 is in the cards for him.

This was already known because he wasn't cleared and didn't practice. If he fully practices next week I'd expect him to go.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

This was already known because he wasn't cleared and didn't practice. If he fully practices next week I'd expect him to go.

Just reporting the update I saw

2 minutes ago, HTM said:

Just reporting the update I saw

Sorry, my comment may have come across wrong. Didn't mean anything by it. I was just saying Joe said he's ready to go but he hasn't been cleared yet.

• Like 1

Mixon is going to be a recurring headache the rest of the season. I'm trying to trade him, but can't get anything for him until he can take the field.

Mid-season knee surgery sucks. You can get back on the field, but you don't have the same burst until the knee has time to fully heal in the off season.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, bsong71 said:

Mixon is going to be a recurring headache the rest of the season. I'm trying to trade him, but can't get anything for him until he can take the field.

Mid-season knee surgery sucks. You can get back on the field, but you don't have the same burst until the knee has time to fully heal in the off season.

What makes you say he’s gonna be a headache 

1 hour ago, bsong71 said:

You have no idea about injuries/rehabilitation/physical therapy/strength and conditioning. 

Your opinion is based on nothing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bsong71 said:

As they removed it, it most likely was a section of the meniscus that won't heal, so there is no time required to "fully heal".

5 hours ago, bsong71 said:

Completely false.  They removed a loose piece of cartilage- which takes NO time to heal outside of the incision.    Zero reason to think he loses any burst.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bsong71 said:

I think it's reasonable to believe the opposite- that his knee could have been bothering him for a while and that he'll finally be pain free and perform even better than before. 

• Like 2

Mixon would be a little over 3 weeks healed up.

i would be okay if the Bengals let me rest the full 4 weeks! 

Are there any videos of him “cutting” according to the latest reports ?

On 8/21/2018 at 10:51 AM, lolcopter said:

You’re high if you’re taking this guy over Howard or Freeman

On 8/21/2018 at 11:10 AM, oliminator123 said:

Your posts make me laugh. Sometimes I think you're just trolling but other times just misinformed.

Howard is going to be a stud and will probably start catching more passes. Mixon has way too many question marks that do not exist for Howard. 

I like how your argument against Howard is that the offense around him got better. That makes 0 sense. Means more scoring opportunities and more touches from longer drives. 

On 8/21/2018 at 12:33 PM, panthers93 said:

cool. howard had 65% of chicago's carries last year. nagy will move cohen and burton all over the field, the former doesn't affect howard's carries at all. got anything else?

Remember the Mixon vs Howard debate?

I'd rather have Mixon in my IR spot than Howard in my lineup lol

This guy is going to shine when he returns. Too bad Eifert went down though. That offense is looking pretty nice.

Gio’s banged up. He got up slowly on his last carry today and spent rest of the game on the sideline. He isnt built to shoulder this type of load and the coaching staff knows it. 

Mixon will be back next week doing the bellcow type sh-t we were expecting when we drafted him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Braves16 said:

Gio’s banged up. He got up slowly on his last carry today and spent rest of the game on the sideline. He isnt built to shoulder this type of load and the coaching staff knows it. 

Mixon will be back next week doing the bellcow type sh-t we were expecting when we drafted him. 

Good. Gio did great while he was needed for guys who had him. But it’s Mixon time!!

17 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I need Mixon back in the lineup, Gio is making it look to easy. . .

Everything is easy against Atlanta's defense right now

Pretty sad I don't own shares of this guy. Cincinnati's offense is really rolling and Mixon is going to feed along with the rest of these folks.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Braves16 said:

It was never going to be any different.  Mixon, if healthy, will always be the workhorse here after that silly business with Jeremy Hill last year is over.