smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, cordovahi said:

all these people scared of the matchup against the ravens... who else are you going to play?

It's not the Ravens def  . . it's the bengals coaching that's the problem. They kill his upside every single game

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, dashoe said:

It's not the Ravens def  . . it's the bengals coaching that's the problem. They kill his upside every single game

Give me Mixon's dead upside then. There are less than 10 RBs I'd prefer over him ROS. Even this week in a tough matchup he is a top 12 play at RB imo. 

1 hour ago, HTM said:

I'd find it hard to sit a bellcow or close to bellcow RB no matter the match up but that's just my opinion. 

In full PPR things are more fluid IMO. In standard leagues I would never bench Mixon (or any top15 RB). But it's not like Mixon is a guaranteed 5 catches. It's a lot easier to handle a crap game from Kamara or Saquon than someone like Mixon.

7 minutes ago, kball09 said:

In full PPR things are more fluid IMO. In standard leagues I would never bench Mixon (or any top15 RB). But it's not like Mixon is a guaranteed 5 catches. It's a lot easier to handle a crap game from Kamara or Saquon than someone like Mixon.

Which is why they were top 10 picks and Mixon typically went outside the top 20...Just cause he doesn't compare to 2 of the most talented RBs in the game doesn't mean he isn't starting caliber. Even in full PPR how many people have 2 RBs and 3 WRs (1 in flex) worthy of starting over him? 

At the end of the day, Mixon has played in seven games this season. In three of those games, he has scored less than 9 fantasy points (Yahoo standard), including the first Baltimore game, where despite the Bengals winning Mixon had 21 carries for an okay 84 yards. (The other mediocre games were game script disasters against KC and NO.) Mixon's other four games ranged from 14.4 to 25.8 fantasy points, though they include games with the more forgiving defenses of Tampa, Miami and Indy. Clearly, Mixon is not matchup-proof by any stretch, and there's some TD dependency here. How is this a no-brainer? He could easily fail to crack 10 points against Baltimore again.

Edited by 99-percent-sure
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cordovahi said:

all these people scared of the matchup against the ravens... who else are you going to play?

Started Aaron Jones instead ? 

id recommend sitting if you can. Not confident on this game. If aj green plays then yes I’ll play him. But I’d suggest you guys look elsewhere unless your fine with 10 points in ppr 

• Like 1

6 teams are on a bye.

In competitive 10+ team leagues the vast majority of players cannot afford to sit a Joe Mixon.

if you can, good for you. That probably doesn’t represent the reality for most players in competitive leagues with 10+ teams. 

• Like 2

I don't care what the matchup is, I'm starting joe mixon...this is a must win for both teams but I expect bengals to be in panic mode to reach playoffs especially with green out. 80 yds/2 tds BOOK IT ! 

He did decent rushing against the Ravens earlier this year, i expect more pass catch opportunities this game. The Bmore run D has given up points the last few weeks to the RB position although they have played some top tier RBs in that stretch (Connor, CMC, Kamara)

22 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

Which is why they were top 10 picks and Mixon typically went outside the top 20...Just cause he doesn't compare to 2 of the most talented RBs in the game doesn't mean he isn't starting caliber. Even in full PPR how many people have 2 RBs and 3 WRs (1 in flex) worthy of starting over him? 

Of course he is starting caliber. But if your team has a solid WR option to play instead of him, he doesn't come with the floor that makes him an auto-start in a bad matchup. Arguing over draft position is irrelevant , I understand he isn't a top4 back.

Marv  and LAzor needs to stop being cute and FEED MIXON the ball. . . FEED him like a fat kid in a cupcake factory

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, dashoe said:

Marv  and LAzor needs to stop being cute and FEED MIXON the ball. . . FEED him like a fat kid in a cupcake factory

Maybe they need Byron Leftwich as OC so he can get the David Johnson treatment.

Seriously though, can they give the play calling to Hue Jackson? 

Anyone but Lazor.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:11 AM, dashoe said:

They had a decent lead on the Ravens and still didn't feed Mixon enough and ended up losing the game. The passing game was clearly working for Mixon since the running game wasn't. I don't understand why the Bengals continually go away from what works and stop involving Mixon almost completely in the 2nd half of games.

• Like 2

Schedule really opens up now fellas. Joe Mixon is going to have an epic finish to the season and deliver some championships along the way. Book it. 

• Like 2

On 11/19/2018 at 12:31 PM, FinsUp24 said:

Schedule really opens up now fellas. Joe Mixon is going to have an epic finish to the season and deliver some championships along the way. Book it. 

I'm in agreement. Perfect buy low at the trade deadline

I'm not betting against the cluelessness of Marv+Lazor to screw up Mixons production. . .it's baffling the way they handicap his production when they need to feed him the ball

Yes it does and was the main reason I was targeting him at our trade deadline, I was able to land him for J.White in my 0.5ppr league. That week 15 & 16 matchups against Oak n Cleveland look really really good on paper. I mean they have to start feeding him the ball right? He’s had over 15 carries only 4 times so far this year and guess what the Bengals record is in those games? 4-0. I’m really curious to see how they use him this Sunday against the Browns, hopefully he gets over 15 carries.

What's everyone's thoughts on Mixon this week?  Nice game on paper but AJG is likely out which is a downgrade for the entire offense.  I also have little confidence in Marv/Lazor to create a game plan that uses Mixon effectively in what on paper is a good matchup.

Edited by ColoWrex

49 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Mixon this week?  Nice game on paper but AJG is likely out which is a downgrade for the entire offense.  I also have little confidence in Marv/Lazor to create a game plan that uses Mixon effectively in what on paper is a good matchup.

I have no clue because the coaches handicap his potential every game and gamescript should be no excuse for his usage given he can run and catch the ball.  Maybe there is more to his knee injury than what is being reported.

I am so perplexed by the way he is used that I am flirting with the idea of starting Gus Edwards over Mixon just based on pure matchup. 

Edited by dashoe

Can’t wait for next season when Marvin Lewis is no longer HC. Funny, I said that last year too.