smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

24 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Can’t wait for next season when Marvin Lewis is no longer HC. Funny, I said that last year too. 

I feel like I've been saying that for 3 years

1 minute ago, purpdrankplaya said:

Dalton going on IR. Will this mean more carries for Mixon?

carries/more involved in pass catching perhaps?

3 minutes ago, rahuLL said:

carries/more involved in pass catching perhaps?

Maybe... but if Driskel is awful it could lead to stacked boxes.   

1 minute ago, ColoWrex said:

Maybe... but if Driskel is awful it could lead to stacked boxes.   

yea losing ur starting QB is never great for your offense as a whole (less ball movement, less RZ opps). Maybe Driskel can do some things, who knows

10 minutes ago, purpdrankplaya said:

Dalton going on IR. Will this mean more carries for Mixon?

Terrible news, generally. No rush to get AJ Green back now either. It'll be Mixon vs. the entire defense.

once AJ green returns the QB hit wont be as noticeable, cant stack the box with a stud AJ Green out there so mixon should be ok for the playoffs with hopefully not too big a hit with the QB change, but if they give up who knows if AJ comes back

think barkley where they cant stack vs him via Odell on the outside even with a bad QB

or think jags where they have no WR and a bad QB LF still gets er done

its a matter of if we are looking at an ARZ david johnson type level of offensive incompetence 

Edited by kmoore1521

What were Mixon's stats when Driskel took over against Cleveland? I know the game was out of reach so there's some discounting that should be done to the numbers but I recall Mixon got most of his yards once Driskel took over 

7 minutes ago, rahuLL said:

What were Mixon's stats when Driskel took over against Cleveland? I know the game was out of reach so there's some discounting that should be done to the numbers but I recall Mixon got most of his yards once Driskel took over 

Driskel threw the ball to Mixon a ton when he got in the game. I fear that he'll face stacked boxes tho all game. 

Edited by Kaii23

7 minutes ago, rahuLL said:

What were Mixon's stats when Driskel took over against Cleveland?

Not very relevant.  Cleveland was playing 2-deep safety to prevent big plays the entire second half.  Mixon had some big lanes that he didn't see early on, and caught a lot of check downs, too.

Driskel didn't look awful compared to Dalton.  Maybe we get lucky and he checks it down more.  But losing your QB is generally never good for a RB.

1 minute ago, Lord_Varys said:

Not very relevant.  Cleveland was playing 2-deep safety to prevent big plays the entire second half.  Mixon had some big lanes that he didn't see early on, and caught a lot of check downs, too.

Driskel didn't look awful compared to Dalton.  Maybe we get lucky and he checks it down more.  But losing your QB is generally never good for a RB.

agreed its not very indicative since Cleveland was up big, hence why i said there's some discounting that needs to be done to the stats. 

The way Cinci's D has been running, there might be a lot of garbage time points for Mixon

Edited by rahuLL

8 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

He checked down A LOT more. Mixon has his biggest receiving output of the year in large part to his time with Driskel at qb. Dare I say I think this is a plus for Mixon. I don’t see a negative at least. Dalton wasn’t scaring anyone, especially with Green out. If AJ returns Mixon could be in for some very high volume games 

• Like 1

The most positive thing about last game was Mixon staying on the field for the vast majority of the snaps despite it being a blowout. Driskel did seem very willing to check down to Mixon, which was nice. Overall I think this is a downgrade for Mixon, but maybe not a huge downgrade. Big downgrade for Aj Green owners

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

He checked down A LOT more. Mixon has his biggest receiving output of the year in large part to his time with Driskel at qb.

I think this was in large part because the Browns were playing a soft, 2-deep defense.

7 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I think this was in large part because the Browns were playing a soft, 2-deep defense.

Very well could have been a contributing factor but the Bengals will be facing negative scripts weekly now that will likely result in seeing the very same, or similar looks from opposing defenses. He’ll want to utilize his safety valve when his first read isn’t open 

In PPR I dont think this is a downgrade at all. That defense will continue to struggle and Mixon will eat up receptions especially if they sit Green out

Driskell isn't that bad.

Edited by affliction
  • Thanks 1

if you didn't get to watch Mixon this past week...like most of us....you may want to watch this. The tape don't lie:o

edit: that second play might be one of the best ankle breaking hesitation moves I've seen in a long time OH MY

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-mixons-best-plays-vs-213543329.html

Edited by Joe Odam

How we feeling about our boy this week? Denver was terrible against RBs to start the year but they have been pretty stout the past few games. With no Dalton and possibly no Green, the defense may be able to key in on Mixon. Though this could be a relatively high volume game. I’m starting him, but just wanted to see if anyone has some insight that might inspire some confidence. 

Hopefully he becomes the focal point of the offense and they lean on him with 20+ touches, but his head coach and offensive coordinator are dumbasses so they will assuredly find some way to lose this game and give Mixon 2 touches in the 2nd half.

3 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Hopefully he becomes the focal point of the offense and they lean on him with 20+ touches, but his head coach and offensive coordinator are dumbasses so they will assuredly find some way to lose this game and give Mixon 2 touches in the 2nd half.

He's averaging almost 20 touches a game.  He's been the focal point of the offense all season.

5 minutes ago, youngrice said:

He's averaging almost 20 touches a game.  He's been the focal point of the offense all season.

They've inexplicably gone away from him when trailing several times this year.

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

They've inexplicably gone away from him when trailing several times this year.

If you look at his stats only game where they went away from him for no reason was Pitt game.  KC and NO they were getting demolished why risk him in second half and Balt game he put up Derrick Henry numbers.

2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

If you look at his stats only game where they went away from him for no reason was Pitt game.  KC and NO they were getting demolished why risk him in second half and Balt game he put up Derrick Henry numbers.

So what you're saying is Marv Lewis is a good coach and should keep his job?

Just now, smeeze said:

So what you're saying is Marv Lewis is a good coach and should keep his job?

Lol what does that have to do about it???  Marv is gone and we all know it.  You saying if he gives Mixon 20 plus carries last 5 games he should keep his job?