smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

On 11/29/2018 at 4:46 PM, FinsUp24 said:

Yes. Pretty worried about the matchup. Oline a little banged up too. Really on the fence between him and Chubb

I have Chubb and Mixon as well. I have Chubb in now but it's close.

Chubb over Mixon.. CLE will keep Chubb involved whereas Mixon usage has been seesawing all year. 

Im hoping Mixon and team can be consistent rest of year

dude played well.....no surprise he got phased out by his own coach. Decision time next week in a most certain negative script. If Gio is going to be a thing, than Mixon is far from a lock

22 hours ago, maxim730 said:

Chubb over Mixon.. CLE will keep Chubb involved whereas Mixon usage has been seesawing all year. 

Im hoping Mixon and team can be consistent rest of year

It's not Mixon it's the coaching, they  think their offense moves better with Gio in the pass catching hurry up role. . . and it simply doesnt because they keep losing.  marv and Lazor are using a very traditional and non creative play action offense when they don't have the talent across the board to play their style of offense.  Mixon is their best talent with AJG out but the coaches are not adapting to that reality. 

If Marvin Lewis is not fired this off-season, Mixon is a DND until further notice. I said the same thing last year and was still interested in Mixon coming into the season. But Marvin Lewis is a worse coach than Mike McCarthy, and the Bengals seem to have no interest in winning. 

• Like 1

sadly, what other options do we have but to start and hope? The amount of clear cut options is diminishing by the week. DJ, A Jones, Ware, Pats, Seahawks, etc etc etc.....

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2018 at 10:38 PM, devaster said:

Well one thing I know for sure is the Bengals aren't going to lean on a back-up QB to win games.

Well, you were right, they wouldn't rely on Driskell to win games.  Unfortunately, that didn't stop Cincinnati from trying.  Sad.

dont know what to think of him vs the Chargers i just hope he is in there when its garbage time

Edited by affliction

If somebody dropped Gio, it's time to scoop him.  Mixon seems to always be dealing with something.

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Does anyone know the severity of the injury?

If he was a limited participant at practice today, I suspect it isn’t too severe

This is just a precautionary thing correct? Yahoo confuses me sometimes.

I could see Bernard eating into a lot of his workload being that he's a little banged up and CIN will most likely be in a deep deficit throwing a lot.

13 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

If he was a limited participant at practice today, I suspect it isn’t too severe

I would assume so... similar to last week.my gut says he plays and it’s a maintenance day.

I'm eager to hear an update on this.  I think the Roto blurb makes the appropriate point.  He might still be designated "limited" is he was injured during practice.   As we saw with Manny Sanders today, those type of things can be serious.  And a foot injury is no joke.  For a team out of the playoffs, they may be inclined to shut down one of their offensive centerpieces.  

It’s been like this pretty much every week with Mixon and he ends up playing. I’m thinking there’s nothing to see here. 

As of right now I am still expecting him to play. However, because it is a later game and you might need to break glass in case of emergency Mark Walton, Chase Edmunds and Taquan Mizzell(extreme circumstance) should be available in your leagues if you don't have any decent backups available. 

8 minutes ago, metalmat said:

As of right now I am still expecting him to play. However, because it is a later game and you might need to break glass in case of emergency Mark Walton, Chase Edmunds and Taquan Mizzell(extreme circumstance) should be available in your leagues if you don't have any decent backups available. 

Damn those are some desperate names out there. Would hate to roll those scrubs on a playoff game as a RB2 :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

Damn those are some desperate names out there. Would hate to roll those scrubs on a playoff game as a RB2 :lol:

Yeah I agree but at this point in the season, especially in deeper leagues, anyone worth a damn is pretty much owned and because it's a later game you might get stuck up s--- creek without a paddle so at least you know there is some bum off the WW you can quickly pick up last minute if things go south. It's actually saved me before :P

Gio has been getting too much burn. No hope for him to reach his ceiling with Hue/Marvin there.

3 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

Gio has been getting too much burn. No hope for him to reach his ceiling with Hue/Marvin there.

I actually (and unfortunately) agree. This might actually be a blessing in disguise. The game script is going to force Mixon to the sidelines more than owners will like. WE know Mixon is a three down back but that's irrelevant when we're on our couches and Marv has the headset