smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

14 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Is gio better than mixon? Doubt it. But is gio better than Hill? 110%

Is Mixon in every way superior to Gio, including Mixon's hands / receptions? YES. No doubt. Mixon is the better back. Not even close.

But did Gio outplay Mixon last season? Yes. Somehow, yes. Watching Mixon carry Clowney was impressive, but overall Gio's play looked better, especially later in the season (see 3 December '17 images below). Now while Mixon is in absolutely no danger of losing his job, Gio's game-play ensures some increased touches, and if he does well with these opportunities he'll keep getting them. It's not rocket science. The question is, if Gio does well consistently, what percentage of the time-share will he earn? Will Gio begin with 20% of the touches? Can Gio advance towards a Henry/Lewis projected timeshare at 65%/35%?

W14Gio21yardrun.gif

W16Gio25yards.gif

W16GioWalkOffTD.gif

On 5/17/2018 at 3:46 PM, smeeze said:

Probably not. Mixon is a beast, I doubt he loses work to a 4th round rookie. Walton looks like a nice handcuff at best, although he is pretty SPARQ-y.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/mark-walton/

What do you mean he's a beast? 

He has all the makings of a guy who gains 600 - 700 yards this season... I say this as someone who will keep him as one of two keepers

Let's face it, Mixon has to play like a true stud to make the sort of noise that his ADP says he'll make.  I know the 1's don't get much run in PS, but we really need see some flashes of "studliness" in August before we can buy the notion of a breakout, don't we?  Gio is just too competent to minimize without Mixon stepping up big time IMO.

1 hour ago, mevins31 said:

He has all the makings of a guy who gains 600 - 700 yards this season... 

Combined??  He gained 913 yards last season.  It wouldn't take many more yards to have a solid RB2 kind of a season, if he could just put it together with a few more TDs than the 4 he had as a rookie.  But since all Bengal RBs combined for 8 total TDs last season, that's probably more the fault of the overall crappy offense last season than Mixon's inability.  The offense as a whole HAS to get better, right?

I wouldn't draft him ahead of Howard or Ajayi, but 1100 yards and 7 TDs with 35 receptions would give Mixon 180 PPR fantasy points, which would have netted him RB17 last season.  That sounds about right.

19 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

I wouldn't draft him ahead of Howard or Ajayi, but 1100 yards and 7 TDs with 35 receptions would give Mixon 180 PPR fantasy points, which would have netted him RB17 last season.  That sounds about right.

So about 30 more points than Ajayi then..

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

So about 30 more points than Ajayi then..

Yeah, Mixon only had one bye week (Ajayi had two) and stayed with the same team all year (Ajayi transitioned from the Dolphins to the Eagles).

But Ajayi averaged 5.8 yards per carry for his new team, and he had a run of more than 10 yards in each of the 7 games he played for the Eagles.  Mixon averaged 3.5 ypc, and had a run of more than 10 yards in 6 games for the entire season with the Bengals.  Now that Ajayi is up to speed with his new team, and the Eagles sent goalline vulture LeGarrette Blount packing, maybe Ajayi can put up some back-to-back 200 yard games like he was doing in 2016.

8 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

Yeah, Mixon only had one bye week (Ajayi had two) and stayed with the same team all year (Ajayi transitioned from the Dolphins to the Eagles).

But Ajayi averaged 5.8 yards per carry for his new team, and he had a run of more than 10 yards in each of the 7 games he played for the Eagles.  Mixon averaged 3.5 ypc, and had a run of more than 10 yards in 6 games for the entire season with the Bengals.  Now that Ajayi is up to speed with his new team, and the Eagles sent goalline vulture LeGarrette Blount packing, maybe Ajayi can put up some back-to-back 200 yard games like he was doing in 2016.

I was actually talking about 2018.

4 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

I was actually talking about 2018.

Oh, well then you're just delusional.

5 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Oh, well then you're just delusional.

Yeah crazy to think Mixon would be better than Ajayi.  Even though he was better last year and he's being drafted ahead of him again this year.

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

Yeah crazy to think Mixon would be better than Ajayi.

Appreciate the honesty.

12 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

They both played 14 games.  Ajayi's snap count never increased throughout the season in Philly.  Peterson doesn't use just 1 back.

2 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

They both played 14 games.  Ajayi's snap count never increased throughout the season in Philly.  Peterson doesn't use just 1 back.

Neither does Sean Payton, but one of them is being drafted 5th-6th overall.

2 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

Neither does Sean Payton, but one of them is being drafted 5th-6th overall.

Did you see where Sean Payton's RB's finished in fantasy football last season? Pretty good, huh?

6 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Did you see where Sean Payton's RB's finished in fantasy football last season? Pretty good, huh?

Exactly my point.  You don't have to be the lone workhorse RB any more to have a solid fantasy season.

23 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Exactly my point.  You don't have to be the lone workhorse RB any more to have a solid fantasy season.

Your point makes no sense because none of the Eagles RB's finished inside the top 35 at the position last year.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Your point makes no sense because none of the Eagles RB's finished inside the top 35 at the position last year.

I don't usually put people on ignore, but I might have to make an exception for you.  You run around naysaying everything I write, but you haven't made a single cogent point.  I've got better things to do than spend hours trying to bring one person up to speed on things that everyone else understands already, like the fact that Ajayi only played 7 games with the Eagles last season.  If you prorate his production over all 16 games, he'd be among the top 25 on the season--and that was while getting familiar with the playbook and his teammates.  If you give him LeGarrette Blount's production in addition to his own over the second half of the season, and then prorate it all over 16 games, Ajayi would have been #8 among PPR RBs last season.  And now he's had a full offseason to learn the playbook and practice with the first team--and Blount is gone.

Now run along and nip at someone else's ankles for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I don't usually put people on ignore, but I might have to make an exception for you.  You run around naysaying everything I write, but you haven't made a single cogent point.  I've got better things to do than spend hours trying to bring one person up to speed on things that everyone else understands already, like the fact that Ajayi only played 7 games with the Eagles last season.  If you prorate his production over all 16 games, he'd be among the top 25 on the season--and that was while getting familiar with the playbook and his teammates.  If you give him LeGarrette Blount's production in addition to his own over the second half of the season, and then prorate it all over 16 games, Ajayi would have been #8 among PPR RBs last season.  And now he's had a full offseason to learn the playbook and practice with the first team--and Blount is gone.

Now run along and nip at someone else's ankles for a while.

1.  Top 25 isn't better than Mixon (that was your argument)

2.  You seem to be forgetting that Darren Sproles is back.  He's also the favorite to lead the backfield in touches.

3.  You're the only poster I've lately who makes condescending posts about other people, you're the one who other should be blocking.

4.  It's not my fault you're wrong all the time.  This is the only time I can correct you because you always disappear when the season starts.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

1.  Top 25 isn't better than Mixon (that was your argument)

2.  You seem to be forgetting that Darren Sproles is back.  He's also the favorite to lead the backfield in touches.

3.  You're the only poster I've lately who makes condescending posts about other people, you're the one who other should be blocking.

4.  It's not my fault you're wrong all the time.  This is the only time I can correct you because you always disappear when the season starts.

Darren Sproles is the favorite to lead in touches? 

bruh...it ain’t 2010

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Darren Sproles is the favorite to lead in touches? 

bruh...it ain’t 2010

What can I tell you?  Maybe do some research before you post.

20 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Research is doable....but a time machine isn’t.

the man to own in philly is Ajayi,  with clement a matchup dependent flex play.  If Ayajis bad knees flare up, Clement becomes a rb2 or better. 

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2018 at 12:04 PM, RMJ_12 said:

By all means, please show us a link to an article that says Sproles is going to carry the load in Philadelphia.

Time to stop having monkeys do your research...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

NFL.com's Gil Brandt:

Mixon didn't exactly light the world on fire in 2017, finishing with 913 yards from scrimmage (including 626 rushing yards on 178 attempts for a less-than-inspiring yards-per-carry mark of 3.5) and just four touchdowns in 14 games (seven starts). But he has outstanding big-play ability and 4.45 speed; he just needs to start full-time. I see him breaking the 1,000-yard mark on the ground behind Cincinnati's revamped O-line.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000937390/article/projecting-one-future-firsttime-pro-bowler-for-each-afc-team?ck_subscriber_id=86523919

This situation is going to be similar to LeVeon Bell. Remember Bell didn’t do to great his rookie year and he became an afterthought, then lit it up the following year and helped win many leagues... and since then has been a consensus 1st round pick. Mixon is going to light it up this year and be a workhorse. Don’t miss out because this will be the cheapest you get him after this year. 

• Like 3

On 6/24/2018 at 7:12 AM, Winky said:

By all means, please show us a link to an article that says Sproles is going to carry the load in Philadelphia.

Time to stop having monkeys do your research...

It's literally a ROTOWORLD blurb.  Yeah, the website you're on right now.  Talk about lazy.  It's not my research if I've already seen it.  Do your own research.

Edited by RMJ_12