• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
garlando

Jon Gray 2018 Outlook

rolling him out there at cards? seems like people are high on him but i have seen too many blow ups to be confident

1 minute ago, floppy said:

rolling him out there at cards? seems like people are high on him but i have seen too many blow ups to be confident

I am, has been great in both starts since returning. 

He may be starting to hit his stride.  He's been money since he was called back up. I'll be riding the train until it crashes 

Throwing him out there in hopes he keeps it going

giphy.gif

Unbelievable how no one talked about his performance today. Went 8 innings, but Ottavino blew the save, so he didn't secure the win. Don't look now, but he's strung up a few good games now. 

Has the Dodgers at Coors next. I’m in a weekly league and benched him.

Posted (edited)

[A]nyone benching one of the hottest starters in baseball with some of the best advanced statistics in the game against any team right now is seriously insane. This guy is a complete monster. All the hits just came with runners on base pre-demotion. He's lights out. He's a top 15-20 SP, and you don't bench those guys.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed response to deleted off-topic comments.
  • Like 1

Yes, sorry, what I meant to get across is that in ordinary circumstances you wouldn't ever consider starting a guy with a 4.73 ERA at Coors against the Dodgers, someone who was demoted not that long ago. However the guy has been so lights out since being called back up you can hardly criticize rolling him out there. It was a tough call for me. Of course the underlying metrics were always good, but I've been burned so many times before on those type of guys (Ricky Nolasco springs to mind for some reason...).

19 minutes ago, Vrev said:

Yes, sorry, what I meant to get across is that in ordinary circumstances you wouldn't ever consider starting a guy with a 4.73 ERA at Coors against the Dodgers, someone who was demoted not that long ago. However the guy has been so lights out since being called back up you can hardly criticize rolling him out there. It was a tough call for me. Of course the underlying metrics were always good, but I've been burned so many times before on those type of guys (Ricky Nolasco springs to mind for some reason...).

I would say Gray's underlying metrics are quite a bit better than someone like Nolasco.

3 minutes ago, whyamiajetfan said:

anyone starting him vs Dodgers in Coors tomm night?

No way Jose 

1 hour ago, whyamiajetfan said:

anyone starting him vs Dodgers in Coors tomm night?

I am. But I'm stupid. 

Was going to start but with Acuna back already I'm not sure. Who is starting? 

I will be starting - but my opponent has a ton of starts this week so I need as many shots at a QS and some Ks as I can get.

I'm starting. Don't feel overly confident about it, but he has good career #s vs ATL and has been pitching well, don't see how I can sit.

5 hours ago, craiggrebeck said:

Another solid outing against a pretty tough lineup. 7IP, 3ER, 5H, 1BB, 9K. 

frustrating to watch, really close to being more of a 8 IP, 1 ER, 11K with a win type game.

He struggled with the bottom of the order. Suzuki had his #. And even Teheran chipped in with an RBI hit.

He'd get ahead 0-2, 1-2, and then throw meat.

It was almost like once he got to the 7 hitter and backed off and they made him pay. 

• Like 1

Pretty good run here with 6 of his last 7 being QS.  Looks fresh still and had a huge 2nd half last year.  He's always 1 bad inning from throwing a gem, he just can't avoid it.  Helps that the Rockies are in the race too.  Sitting at 150 IP but Black has been trusting his young starters over the bullpen, should be his first 200 IP season.  Only concern is the Rockies schedule here out is tough, but does get the Angels & Padres for next 2...  

Over the last 2 months he's 7.9 K/9 1.8 BB/P 2.95 ERA which looks sustainable and maybe even imporvable.  I like Gray a lot down the stretch.

Oh man, I'm starting him @COL tonight in my championship week.

50 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

which Gray will show up, so weird this guy.

So true. I'd be torn if I owned him. He can blow up with the best of them but the Phillies do have an oddly low team total for a game at Coors. 

• Like 1