fakespike

Keelan Cole 2018 Outlook

4 hours ago, predator_05 said:

I was comparing their talent, so i'm not too bothered about their current production. Obviously Keelan has more "proven" production, he's played in more games. Keep in mind that Westbrook currently plays in the slot, while Keelan plays on the outside, and these roles could easily change in the future.

Westbrook averages more targets per game.

12 for Cole

11 for Dede

2017 (for the 7 games played together)

49 for cole

51 for dede

Keelan Cole Target Rec Yards Y/R TD
  6 3 24 8 0
  7 2 30 15 0
  3 3 49 16.33 1
  3 3 99 33 1
  9 7 186 26.57 1
  13 6 108 18 0
  8 4 33 8.25 0
Total 49 28 529 125.15 3
Average 7 4 75.57142857 17.87857143 0.4285714286

D. Westbrook Target Rec Yards Y/R TD
  6 3 35 11.67 0
  10 6 41 6.83 0
  9 6 78 13 0
  8 5 81 16.2 1
  2 2 21 10.5 0
  7 4 74 18.5 0
  9 1 9 9 0
Total 51 27 49 N/A 1
Average 7.285714286 3.857142857 48.42857143 12.24285714 0.1428571429

Comparing the stats from last year in the games they played together, westbrook just barely had more targets but also had less catches though.

And look at those TDs! Cole has gotten it down.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, genya said:

Keelan Cole didn't really get going until Week 5 last year. In the 12 regular season games since, he's put up 46/871/4 on 77 targets. If we extrapolate that to 16 games, that's a 61/1161/5.33 line which would be good for 170 points on 0.5 PPR and a WR16 finish last year, between Golden Tate and Robby Anderson. Solely based on Cole's last 16 games, he has 50/905/4, good for WR32, and the first four of those games he didn't get 15 yards. I think its pretty reasonable to consider him a WR2.

Nice post rook. Way to pop that cherry.

65lI.gif

• Thanks 1

Firing him up again this week in the flex over Jamaal Williams/Lockett/Allison.  Bortle service and Cole gonna torch this cheese wiz titans secondary.

Lots of doubters still here.  Have a feeling there will be less controversy over whether or not this kid is breaking out each week.  He’s looked absolutely fantastic with this opportunities.

Cole is the 1A on this team even though Dede is a 1B.   Momcriefs target share will be decreasing due to his inefficiency. He’s no 1C.  He’s gonna grab 2-3 passes a week for 25 yards.  

If Keelan wasn’t so benevolent to spring DEDE for that 65 yard screen pass with his unbelievable block we wouldn’t even be seeing the Dede apologists back in here calling him the guy to own.  I say this as a reformed Dede apologist who is now all in on Cole.

hoping for more good things this weekend boys!

Edited by cheezor42
  • Like 1

Guys need to keep an eye on Moncriefs injury and the return of forunette to see how it affect target distribution.

moncrief left last weeks game but he didnt pop up on the injury report this week

• Like 1

With LF out, Yeldon hobbled, This is shaping up to be one of those classic Bortles 3+ TD days. I love the Bortles and Cole stack.

9 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

With LF out, Yeldon hobbled, This is shaping up to be one of those classic Bortles 3+ TD days. I love the Bortles and Cole stack.

All signs point to yes, but Bortles has had an incredibly Jekyll/Hyde showing against Tennessee in his career... A couple of 300+ and multiple TDs, and a couple of sub-250 and multiple interceptions. Hard to say which you're going to get. I would guess the former for today, but be wary of the latter...

Edit: Keep in mind that even with their amazing improvement last year, Jax lost both games against Tennessee and Bortles combined performance was 381 yards with 1 touchdown and 4 interceptions

Edited by DekuTree
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

To the people who value Westbrook higher than Cole, please stop overexaggerating draft capital.

They can't help it. Like most dynasty players, they're slaves to draft capital over proven production. 

On 9/16/2018 at 8:24 PM, fakespike said:

How about that catch today?  Cole is here to stay.

Cole might be here to stay, but is Bortles? 

No fournette, weakened yeldon, firing him up. Especially if you're just considering flex position. I'm willing to take that chance

Feel that he's decent enough still. He's flex worthy if needed when fournette returns. 

It’s hard to feel good about anyone on the Jacksonville offense aside from Fournette.  I targeted Westbrook and Cole, but I don’t know why.  Is Tennessee really that good on defense?

• Like 1

It's a shame Bortles is still Bortles....this guy is a playmaker and could be a fantasy beast but he is on the wrong offense.  Strong hold but hard to feel confident in him for anything but FLEX appeal.

• Like 1

I can’t believe how bad this offense looked this weekend. Bortles has some crazy hot and cold streaks.

I think he's a start when the Jags need to put up points.  He'll be on my bench this week because of the Jets.

Titans always give Bortles trouble and last week was their first game without Cam Robinson. I'd be happier if they still had their starting LT but I'm still starting Cole with confidence. 

definition of a bye week filler and desperation flex week to week, solid bench guy to have in 12+ teams just gotta hope on those occasions you do start him he gets the targets

Reading two different things here, wondering if anyone can help me interpret.  

Rotoworld Start/Sit:  

Keelan Cole vs. Jets: I whiffed badly on Cole last week against the Titans. He saw a healthy nine targets in that one but turned them into just five grabs for 40 scoreless yards. Blake Bortles reverted to his inaccurate self after an out-of-body experience against the Patriots the previous week. The Jaguars are again at home in this one, but it’s so hard to get behind this pass offense with Leonard Fournette (hamstring) expected back as the centerpiece. This looks like another grind-it-out game between two run offenses and a pair of exceptional defenses. Jets-Jaguars has the lowest total of the week at 38.5 points. No thanks on anyone in these offenses.

So run-first offense, Fournette back, Bortles inconsistent.  Got it. 

FantasyPros Primer: 

Keelan Cole: Whenever you play Cole, you’re subject to Bortles’ struggles and it’s what happened in Week 3 when Bortles completed just 21-of-34 attempts for 155 yards against the Titans. While I’m expecting the Jaguars to run the ball a ton in this game, Cole should be the primary threat in the passing game, making him a decent WR3 against the Jets.

They're saying the same thing up until this point. Proceed with caution as it's a run first offense and Bortles is inconsistent.  

But now here is where I get lost... 

Rotoworld Sit/Start

The Jets are No. 1 in pass-defense DVOA. Morris Claiborne has allowed the lowest passer rating (16.8) in his coverage out of 108 qualified corners at Pro Football Focus, while Trumaine Johnson is seventh at 43.5.

FantasyPros Primer

Cole had a tough matchup in that game while seeing Adoree Jackson, but he should find much more room to operate this week against the Jets. Cole plays roughly 75 percent of his snaps at either LWR or in the slot, which would match him up with Morris Claiborne and Buster Skrine most of the day. Those two have not been very good in coverage. In fact, Skrine may not even be available, forcing the Jets to start Parry Nickerson in the slot, which would be even better.

So I guess what I'm asking is which is it... are the corners that Cole will be matched against good as Rotoworld claims or terrible as FantasyPros claims?  

Edited by whodey
  • Like 1

There’s always those guys that seem to bust out when they’re on your bench and give you a dud when they’re in your lineup. I think this is one of those guys. 

I agree. But if he has a floor of 8 or 9 points on his "bust" games then he's startable in a flex spot.

21 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

There’s always those guys that seem to bust out when they’re on your bench and give you a dud when they’re in your lineup. I think this is one of those guys. 

5 hours ago, ukdesi said:

I agree. But if he has a floor of 8 or 9 points on his "bust" games then he's startable in a flex spot.

Well he’s already had 2 games of 5 and 4 in standard. I consider those garbage. 

Yeah depends on league. I don't roster him in my 10 team standard league, but he's been helpful in my 12 team PPR league.  He's gonna be boom or bust in standard, don't get the benefit of him being the wr1 for jax and the associated reception total.

15 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Well he’s already had 2 games of 5 and 4 in standard. I consider those garbage.