• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
urban2014

Spencer Ware 2018 Outlook

Will he stay and form a committee with Hunt, or leave?

3 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Will he stay and form a committee with Hunt, or leave?

He's staying.

• Like 1

He's signed through this year, so if he leaves this offseason it won't be his decision. 

Posted (edited)

makes 1.4 million this year i would think he is staying at that price 

as for his outlook who really knows 

Edited by Flyers_28

Kills Hunts value.

Grab Ware cheap. Pass on Hunt.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jmausen said:

Kills Hunts value.

Hmmm. Wouldn’t go that far but I would think he could vulture some TDs.

11 hours ago, Wild Thing said:

Which kills Hunts value.  :mellow:

11 hours ago, Wild Thing said:

Between weeks 3 and 14, Hunt had exactly zero TDs. His other stats were very average.  Teams figured him out. Hunt will be incredibly effective as a change of pace back. Ware should be 2 down back at minimum.

2 hours ago, jmausen said:

Between weeks 3 and 14, Hunt had exactly zero TDs. His other stats were very average.  Teams figured him out. Hunt will be incredibly effective as a change of pace back. Ware should be 2 down back at minimum.

LOL

They figured him out so well he won the rushing title, scored 11 TDs and was the best non-Gurley RB in the FFL playoffs. Epic fail.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

LOL

They figured him out so well he won the rushing title, scored 11 TDs and was the best non-Gurley RB in the FFL playoffs. Epic fail.

He did that in the first 3 weeks.

My new year's resolution is not telling people they're dumb.

6 minutes ago, jmausen said:

He did that in the first 3 weeks.

My new year's resolution is not telling people they're dumb.

Clearly you didn't make it to the playoffs in your leagues if you believe that. PT Barnum sure was right...

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

Clearly you didn't make it to the playoffs in your leagues if you believe that. PT Barnum sure was right...

Draft 4 RBs in the first 6 rounds.  You always make the playoffs.

Anyway, Hunts OC is the head coach for the Bears now.  The guy you want is Cohen.  Try to keep up.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jmausen said:

That is an incredibly hot take there.

Kareem's ineffective streak was absolutely a byproduct of the Chiefs offense sputtering.

Let's do some analysis of the aforementioned weeks:

Week 4: 21 Carries for 101 yards 4 catches for 20 yards. Argument doesn't need to be made. Over 5 YPC and a good ppr game. 

Week 5: 29 Carries for 107 Yards 3 catches for 9 yards. Once again, argument doesn't need to be made.

Week 6: 9 Carries for 21 yards 5 catches for 89 Yards. Bottled up on the ground, albeit in limited carries. So I'll give you that one. Still made his line respectable in the pass game.

Week 7: 18 Carries for 87 yards 4 Catches for 30 yards. Almost 5 YPC. Effective line once again.

Week 8: 22 Carries for 46 Yards 3 catches for 22 yards. Absolutely brutal line. I remember watching this game, and Denver had him bottled up. I'll give you this one. 

Week 9: 9 Carries for 37 Yards 4 catches for 24 yards. Over 4 YPC but again, limited touches. This was the beginning of Reid's offense starting to sputter. Won't chalk this one up to the Cowboys 'figuring' him out.

Week 11: 18 Carries for 73 Yards 3 Catches for 4 Yards. Again, over 4 YPC. 

Week 12: 11 Carries for 17 Yards 1 Catch for 9 Yards. Bottled up again. Watched this one as well. Whole Chiefs offense was a dud this game if I remember correctly. 

Week 13: 9 Carries for 40 yards 3 catches for 23 yards. Effective,  but limited touches. I chalk this one up to Reid. 

Followed by three weeks of scorching the earth and winning a lot of people championships. 

By my count, I had two weeks where he was absolutely 'figured out'. Other than that, he was effective with what he was given. Now, I am not ignorant enough to think Ware will make no dent in Kareem's workload. I see him being a COP back that could, like mentioned above, probably vulture some receiving TDs away from Hunt. However, to think that Spencer Ware is going to supplant Hunt completely is, in my opinion, crazy. 

Edited by sasnumberonefan

2 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

That is an incredibly hot take there.

Kareem's ineffective streak was absolutely a byproduct of the Chiefs offense sputtering.

Let's do some analysis of the aforementioned weeks:

Week 4: 21 Carries for 101 yards 4 catches for 20 yards. Argument doesn't need to be made. Over 5 YPC and a good ppr game. 

Week 5: 29 Carries for 107 Yards 3 catches for 9 yards. Once again, argument doesn't need to be made.

Week 6: 9 Carries for 21 yards 5 catches for 89 Yards. Bottled up on the ground, albeit in limited carries. So I'll give you that one. Still made his line respectable in the pass game.

Week 7: 18 Carries for 87 yards 4 Catches for 30 yards. Almost 5 YPC. Effective line once again.

Week 8: 22 Carries for 46 Yards 3 catches for 22 yards. Absolutely brutal line. I remember watching this game, and Denver had him bottled up. I'll give you this one. 

Week 9: 9 Carries for 37 Yards 4 catches for 24 yards. Over 4 YPC but again, limited touches. This was the beginning of Reid's offense starting to sputter. Won't chalk this one up to the Cowboys 'figuring' him out.

Week 11: 18 Carries for 73 Yards 3 Catches for 4 Yards. Again, over 4 YPC. 

Week 12: 11 Carries for 17 Yards 1 Catch for 9 Yards. Bottled up again. Watched this one as well. Whole Chiefs offense was a dud this game if I remember correctly. 

Week 13: 9 Carries for 40 yards 3 catches for 23 yards. Effective,  but limited touches. I chalk this one up to Reid. 

Followed by three weeks of scorching the earth and winning a lot of people championships. 

By my count, I had two weeks where he was absolutely 'figured out'. Other than that, he was effective with what he was given. Now, I am not ignorant enough to think Ware will make no dent in Kareem's workload. I see him being a COP back that could, like mentioned above, probably vulture some receiving TDs away from Hunt. However, to think that Spencer Ware is going to supplant Hunt completely is, in my opinion, crazy. 

Dude, way over alayizing.

You need to stop being partial. Otherwise you are supporting Your Own argument to a fault

Been there. Done that.

OC is in Chicago: Cohen

8 minutes ago, jmausen said:

Dude, way over alayizing.

You need to stop being partial. Otherwise you are supporting Your Own argument to a fault

Been there. Done that.

OC is in Chicago: Cohen

Would love to hear your argument as to why you believe Ware is a superior overall back to Hunt then. 

33 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

ALL respect for the PT Musk reference.

Best sales rep EVER.

Affordable cars with a sales price over the median average wage is fun.

Hasn't heard you need to replace batteries every 18 months. Thanks apple.

Henry Ford sold cars his slave labor assembly line workers could afford. Supply and demand used to drive a cost curve, called inflation...now we have retarded GED economists running our economy, when celebrities don't run them away.

Anyway. Lol

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Congratulations on having no idea whatsoever of what you’re trying to talk about

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, jmausen said:

Teams 'figured him out"? I seem to recall the chiefs having o-line injuries and the offense completely melting down to the point where Reid publicly removed himself from playcalling .   hunt-Hill-Kelce+-Smith etc, the entire offense went into a production slump.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 7:04 PM, jmausen said:

Kills Hunts value.

Actually it's more like grab Ware and Hunt and see how it plays out.

Thoughts on Ware this season? Does he remain the #2 RB?

6 hours ago, ponza88 said:

If healthy he'll spell Hunt on early downs, which will allow Reid to keep Hunt in on 3rd down and 2 minute drills.

Take all of West's 2017 snaps and give them to Hunt.  10% of Hunt's 2017 carries and give them to Ware.

Should wash out in terms of Hunt's value.

One of the better handcuffs, assuming he is actually healthy. 

On 3/7/2018 at 5:44 PM, jmausen said:

I’ve seen this position in a couple of places and I’m really struggling to give it any credibility.  Watching Hunt run last year, I saw some well rounded special ability.  I don’t think it rises to elite in any one aspect, but the sum of all of his abilities might sneak him into the elite level as a RB.  His only weakness might be in pass protection, but history has shown RBs like Hunt improve significantly in that aspect from their rookie year to their sophomore year.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Yes, when and if healthy.    He appears to be on track for that.   Cheap too...he’s a must have for Hunt owners. 

The J-mousen terds plopped all over this thread should be mostly disregarded.  Hunt is the workhorse on a team that’s going to score a lot.   There’s too many threats to ignore to shut down any one aspect of this offense.   

Draft Hunt late first with confidence, and be smart enough to buy the insurance 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1