urban2014

Spencer Ware 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Is this a wait and see week with Ware?  What if KC gets way ahead and gives Damien an extensive audition in the second half?

I think he has an RB2 floor right away and you can plug him in immediately, this Sunday. He has the trust of Andy Reid, knows the playbook for 3/4 years now, he can protect Mahommes consistently, and the KC offense gets in the endzone so often that even if he ends up losing a small amount of work to Damien, he'll still put up RB2 numbers. PPR, btw. Damien should get a few looks but I can't see it being more than 6-8 touches and maybe a few touches for the other Williams. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, had no idea this is his 6th year in the league. He's essentially played one year and has sat on the bench collecting checks watching Charles and Hunt. Great job if you can get it. This is his shot to hit pay dirt, free agent next year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

Sweet.  I'll play too!

Conner, Mixon, DJ, A Jones, Michel, Ware.

 

CSBs aside are people really firing up Ware ahead of guys like Conner, Chubb, DJ and Mixon?

Seems like a risk in a potentially very important week 13 game.

Don't want to be Ekelered.

 

Not over Chubb, but probably going to flex him over Gus. The Raiders matchup is just too appetizing to ignore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys.  So I’m a diehard chiefs fan so I thought I’d share my insight.  I see Ware getting the majority of reps this week, but don’t be surprised to see DARREL Williams getting in on the action.  I actually think he will surplant Ware at some point.  Here are a couple tidbits.  Even with a pretty loaded backfield at the time the Chiefs offered DW one of the greatest UDFA signing bonuses of all time.  Weird, I know.  Then they did a very un-Andy Reid like thing and kept him (a 4th RB) on the active roster.  Everything I read indicated they knew he’d last about 5 minutes on the practice squad before he’d get nabbed.  The offensive coordinator (who was previously the team’s RB coach), loves the guy.  If you are in a dynasty league, you should run to add this guy.  

Edited by KCJONES
Grammar
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damien Williams is better 

9 minutes ago, KCJONES said:

Hey guys.  So I’m a diehard chiefs fan so I thought I’d share my insight.  I see Ware getting the majority of reps this week, but don’t be surprised to see DARREL Williams getting in on the action.  I actually think he will surplant Ware at some point.  Here are a couple tidbits.  Even with a pretty loaded backfield at the time the Chiefs offered DW one of the greatest UDFA signing bonuses of all time.  Weird, I know.  Then they did a very un-Andy Reid like thing and kept him (a 4th RB) on the active roster.  Everything I read indicated they knew he’d last about 5 minutes on the practice squad before he’d get nabbed.  The offensive coordinator (who was previously the team’s RB coach), loves the guy.  If you are in a dynasty league, you should run to add this guy.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, krest509 said:

Damien Williams is better 

 

 

He’s barely sniffed the field this year.  He may see a few more 3rd down looks, but that’s about it.  His carries won’t go up by much.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

Are we looking at 20 plus touches this weekend for Ware?

 

I would honestly think so. If you think about it, with Hunt now getting the boot, the Chief's will need to get Spencer Ware a lot of game reps to prepare him for things to come. KC has always leaned on one guy, so I expect the same with Ware. Plus, he has already proven himself in 2016, so Reid knows what he has in this guy. He knows he can do just about every thing Hunt could do.

 

They will feed him the ball so he can get going. This will be a nice warm up game for Ware. Hopefully he finds the endzone a couple of times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are we picking up Damien williams to cover ourselves in case of something unexpected? (injury to ware or reid pwning us all on on sunday and doing what no one expects)

 

Did the team actually say that Ware was starting or was that rotoworld blurb making an assumption?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, krest509 said:

Damien Williams is better 

 

 

 

My bad.  

Edited by poofinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, KCJONES said:

 

He’s barely sniffed the field this year.  He may see a few more 3rd down looks, but that’s about it.  His carries won’t go up by much.  

 

 

 

Edited by poofinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Any chance hunt plays this week?

 

Scrabble is nice. Monopoly is always an option. Who knows.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Any chance hunt plays this week?

He might play some lotto at the gas station down the street. Not playing NFL football for a while tho. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, datsyuk said:

 

I would honestly think so. If you think about it, with Hunt now getting the boot, the Chief's will need to get Spencer Ware a lot of game reps to prepare him for things to come. KC has always leaned on one guy, so I expect the same with Ware. Plus, he has already proven himself in 2016, so Reid knows what he has in this guy. He knows he can do just about every thing Hunt could do.

 

They will feed him the ball so he can get going. This will be a nice warm up game for Ware. Hopefully he finds the endzone a couple of times.

They're gonna be way ahead real early. Ware gets 20 carries this week. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krest509 said:

Damien Williams is better 

 

Damien Williams has a 3.5 ypc on 478 career carries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this thread has now evolved into the folks that missed on Ware posting in here about Damien Williams.

 

Never change, Roto Forums.

Edited by kidsgotsoul
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

So this thread has now evolved into the folks that missed on Ware posting in here about Damien Williams.

 

Never change, Roto Forums.

I didn’t miss out on Ware, actually.  I also picked up Williams but not Damien.  Darrel Williams. You heard it here first, folks.  Remember that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Any chance hunt plays this week?

 

he's not even on a team, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KCJONES said:

I didn’t miss out on Ware, actually.  I also picked up Williams but not Damien.  Darrel Williams. You heard it here first, folks.  Remember that!

 

He runs a 4.72. Don’t listen to this guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KCJONES said:

I didn’t miss out on Ware, actually.  I also picked up Williams but not Damien.  Darrel Williams. You heard it here first, folks.  Remember that!

Bro all due respect nobody is listening to you 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...