urban2014

Spencer Ware 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Meets1 said:

Just a reminder that 2 short weeks ago Doug Martin went for 11/51/1 and 3/21 against the Ravens. So an older, boring RB on a disaster of a team got 13 Std/16 PPR points. I think a pretty decent game (especially for a Flex spot) is reasonable this week for Ware. 

But Martin is powered by his cool nickname. Ware doesn't have that extra edge.

We need to get Ware a cool nickname, stat!

The Ware-ior
B-Ware
Ware The Wild Things Are
Ware, Huh, Good God Y'all (no...that one won't end well)
WareMachine
WareMonger
Ware-and-Tear
Warewolf!
Ware'd He Go? I Don't Know, He's Too Fast! Damn He Just Scored A TD!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ace_King said:

Has Reid ever used a committee, though? When McCoy went down Bryce Brown became a work horse. When Charles did it was Knile Davis one year and in 2015 it initially was West as the work horse. Ware emerged late. When Ware was concussed in 2016 West became a work horse. When Ware got hurt last year it was Hunt, this year the reverse.

Wow what a name to see again.  I remember his baller RB1 games out of no where then thud he turned into a fumbling turd overnight.  Was crazy, remember being mad I didnt pick him up and then watched his Dallas game breakout. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meets1 said:

Just a reminder that 2 short weeks ago Doug Martin went for 11/51/1 and 3/21 against the Ravens. So an older, boring RB on a disaster of a team got 13 Std/16 PPR points. I think a pretty decent game (especially for a Flex spot) is reasonable this week for Ware. 

Well when the Ravens are smoking the Raiders it's pretty easy to pick up some garbage time yards against a prevent pass defense.  I see this game being much closer in general than people anticipate which means Reid will want to be throwing on 1st and 2nd down all game otherwise he will be looking at a constant 3rd and long which is where the Ravens get to tee off.  After a few series of Ware rumbling for 2-4 yards up the middle then failing to pick up yardage on 2nd down causing longer 3rd downs he will abandon the run quickly.  AR really is not a pound the rock coach at all. 

All the former Reid RBs mentioned buttered their bread in the passing game and usually had 'complimentary' amount of rushes to go with their passes but what worries me about Ware is they have TWO competent pass catching backs behind him.  Yes Ware can catch passes himself but this is not a Jordan Howard/Cohen situation where you know the other guys aren't gonna see passes thrown their way.  West and Williams could easily be spelling Ware on most 3rd downs or in general for passing work because all 3 of these backs have proven capable at being adequate at both although Ware is probably their best between the tackles hence the goalline looks.  Just don't know if it will be enough this week vs this defense. 

Edited by Zak0221
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brotherbock said:

The Ware-ior
B-Ware
Ware The Wild Things Are
WareMachine
WareMonger
Ware-and-Tear
Warewolf!

UnderWare.....  wait, I'll just leave the nicknames up to you. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brotherbock said:

The Ware-ior
B-Ware
Ware The Wild Things Are
WareMachine
WareMonger
Ware-and-Tear
Warewolf!

Ware Are My Points?! aka the WAMP

Edited by Zak0221
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Wow what a name to see again.  I remember his baller RB1 games out of no where then thud he turned into a fumbling turd overnight.  Was crazy, remember being mad I didnt pick him up and then watched his Dallas game breakout. 

Yeah he had monster games but held the ball in the worst possible way the fumbling was inevitable. After what he showed starting for McCoy he surprisingly did nothing elsewhere and washed out the league quickly. 

1 hour ago, ADDwithFF said:

UnderWare.....  wait, I'll just leave the nicknames up to you. 

1 hour ago, Zak0221 said:

Ware Are My Points?! aka the WAMP

What if we called Arrowhead Stadium the Warehouse?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/3/2018 at 1:48 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this is all very well and good ... but we are heading into week FOURTEEN, not week FOUR ... this cat cannot be trusted in these playoff games.   he's a glorified Derrick Henry, TD dependent to the max. 

We're all hoping you're right! :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Big game this week. Chiefs are excellent at home. Weather is clear and cold. Chiefs will be putting up points and making a statement against the vaunted Ravens defense. At least 1 TD for Ware and maybe around 80 total yards, possibly more. Solid performance.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Big game this week. Chiefs are excellent at home. Weather is clear and cold. Chiefs will be putting up points and making a statement against the vaunted Ravens defense. At least 1 TD for Ware and maybe around 80 total yards, possibly more. Solid performance.

I'm suspecting more of a tyrek hill blow up game.  With ware around 10 for 40 & 4 for 25 pray for a td

• Like 2

1 hour ago, timexsocialclub said:

What are you basing this upon?  Solid performance based on playing against the toughest rushing offense in the league?

3 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

What are you basing this upon?  Solid performance based on playing against the toughest rushing offense in the league?

Based on Chiefs dynamic offense and more familiarity/comfort with starting role. The Chiefs will score at least 30 in this game, and Ware will be a large part of that.

29 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Based on Chiefs dynamic offense and more familiarity/comfort with starting role. The Chiefs will score at least 30 in this game, and Ware will be a large part of that.

Will he though?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, machine3 said:
On 12/3/2018 at 1:48 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this is all very well and good ... but we are heading into week FOURTEEN, not week FOUR ... this cat cannot be trusted in these playoff games.   he's a glorified Derrick Henry, TD dependent to th

6 hours ago, machine3 said:

We're all hoping you're right! :P

well played, good sir  :lol:

Image result for standing ovation gif

• Like 4

11 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

Thinking exactly the opposite.

Baltimore is one D that can slow down Mahommes and Co. in a couple ways:

1) They're D. That D is for real. While I don't expect Mahommes to face plant, I do expect some misfires. Not sure if you noticed last week, but Mahommes air mailed a ton of passes. Couple of INT opportunities the hapless OAK secondary couldn't capitalize on. He will not get away with that against this D.

2) The BALT Offense: KC rush D is miserable. They are going to run, run, run with either Jackson or G. Edwards and kill the clock. 

I expect far less from Ware this week. Hope I'm wrong because I'll need him next week.

• Like 2

So is the consensus here that with Baltimore's D, Ware will most likely not have a big yardage day, so with the Chiefs offense we hope and pray for a goaline TD or two? 

I'm thinking this game will be similar to the Ravens at Panthers game, where the Ravens kept up for a couple series then started turning the ball over and got pounded.

5 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

So is the consensus here that with Baltimore's D, Ware will most likely not have a big yardage day, so with the Chiefs offense we hope and pray for a goaline TD or two? 

Could be a monster Hill day.

Because I'm playing against him.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

That's my opinion. 

Just now, The Land Of Real Beer said:

Could be a monster Hill day.

Because I'm playing against him.

I feel ya. 

Me too!

8 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

That’s how I see it, and Ware “punching in a TD or two” vs BAL D doesn’t feel promising.  Starting Engram over Ware in a .5 ppr league with Beckham out.

Ware will be fine. People are not taking into account this is a home game. People are forgetting this is KC, points will be had.

He'll put up 13-16pts. That's acceptable.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Squats&Milk said:

Ware will be fine. People are not taking into account this is a home game. People are forgetting this is KC, points will be had.

I don’t think people are forgetting any of that. People are just not sure how much Ware will factor in to KC’s success. KC/Mahomes can have a good offensive day with Ware being relatively quiet. He may not catch many passes and not easy to punch in goal line TDs vs BAL.

Edited by Lamont Sanford

8 minutes ago, Squats&Milk said:

Don't see him putting up 13-16 in standard. For this he would need at least one big play of 30+ yards and a TD. Ware got stuffed against the Raiders a lot and the Ravens are the best front to swarm the run for a loss or no gain. Even though Ware is a good bet for goal line carries, don't forget that the Ravens is very good in these type of situations.

I think it's reasonable to hope for 10-12 because he gets goal line opportunities. But anything bigger than 16 is almost depending on him scoring 2 TDs.

5 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I don’t think people are forgetting any of that. People are just not sure how much Ware will factor in to KC’s success. KC/Mahomes can have a good offensive day with Ware being relatively quiet. He may not catch many passes and not easy to punch in goal line TDs vs BAL.

We'll see what happens today. I think everyone will be surprised how involved he is. I bet the over on 15 touches.