urban2014

Spencer Ware 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Squats&Milk said:

We'll see what happens today. I think everyone will be surprised how involved he is. I bet the over on 15 touches.

Ok, but touches are worthless without production. 15/43/0 helps no one.

1 minute ago, frog34 said:

Don't see him putting up 13-16 in standard. For this he would need at least one big play of 30+ yards and a TD. Ware got stuffed against the Raiders a lot and the Ravens are the best front to swarm the run for a loss or no gain. Even though Ware is a good bet for goal line carries, don't forget that the Ravens is very good in these type of situations.

I think it's reasonable to hope for 10-12 because he gets goal line opportunities. But anything bigger than 16 is almost depending on him scoring 2 TDs.

I dont disagree with any of that. I just think he'll have more usage than many think. Opportunities are important. At home. KC offense. I like the outcome even against BAL. At home is a difference maker for me. If he was at BAL, I'd have a totally different tune right now.

Just now, Lamont Sanford said:

Ok, but touches are worthless without production. 15/43/0 helps no one.

I dont see that happening. 

Against Oakland he didn't have a lot of touches...so against Baltimore , very good against the run, i think he don't have a lot of touches

• Like 1

Just now, Tomy said:

Against Oakland he didn't have a lot of touches...so against Baltimore , very good against the run, i think he don't have a lot of touches

There's a gameplan now for Ware. Last week, not so much. Was not enough time.

2 minutes ago, Squats&Milk said:

I dont see that happening. 

And that’s why they play the games! Good luck, hope it works out for you. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lamont Sanford said:

And that’s why they play the games! Good luck, hope it works out for you. 

Haha, good luck to you too. It's always a coin flip anyways.

While KC contiuing to roll seems probable, let’s also remember the potential for a very different game script. The new look BAL has been surging and goes into Arrowhead needing a win much more than a Hunt-less KC. 

KC’s suspect run D could allow Jackson, Edwards, Dixon, Montgomery to control the clock/game flow keeping Mahomes on the sidelines more than usual. BAL’s formidable defense will make things tougher for KC’s offense than usual. This could be a slower-than-usual, relatively low scoring affair compared to the offensive explosions we’re used to from KC.

Matthew Berry said he'd "be nervous about starting Ware this week".  Now I know Ware is due for a big day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think the Chiefs will try to serve the Ravens a bit of their own medicine. Everyone knows Ravens are gonna come out there and run the ball and burn some clock. The only way to stop that is by doing the same on offense. Ware should definitely be more involved in the game plan this week (hopefully not RBBC). Also, after 2 weeks of film against Lamar Jackson, KC should realize they can stack the box on defense. Lamar isn’t doing anything with his arm 

5 minutes ago, arielk31 said:

I think the Chiefs will try to serve the Ravens a bit of their own medicine. Everyone knows Ravens are gonna come out there and run the ball and burn some clock. The only way to stop that is by doing the same on offense. Ware should definitely be more involved in the game plan this week (hopefully not RBBC). Also, after 2 weeks of film against Lamar Jackson, KC should realize they can stack the box on defense. Lamar isn’t doing anything with his arm 

Jackson can and will do plenty with his arm vs a leaky KC secondary. 

1 hour ago, Squats&Milk said:

Also, I think KC lights BAL up. I think Flacco enters this game. Ware will have garbage time opportunity.

Flacco inactive. That means the Ravens will stay in the game longer, with their worse QB (as a QB and person) on the bench. 

I’m benching him. He didn’t look great against Oakland, and the Ravens are a horrible matchup. If you watched the game against Oakland, he was very lucky to get a TD - got stuffed on multiple attempts and then barely broke the plane, which was the only thing that saved his fantasy day. YPC was terrible. Concerned this might devolve into a RBBC as well, with the two Williams (although West being inactive does help somewhat). Ware just doesn’t have the same violent style that Kareem Hunt did, so I see this as more of a Kelce and Hill game. I’d look at starting other options if you have them.

1 hour ago, MurderInc said:

Matthew Berry said he'd "be nervous about starting Ware this week".  Now I know Ware is due for a big day. 

Crap - I just saw this. Ignore everything I just said and fire him up, boys! :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, FritzLn said:

as long as no one starts him he'll go nuclear

This is where the true magic of the bye can help. In my non-matchup this week, I purposefully benched Ware to trick him into producing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No choice but to start this guy. Doug Martin did just drop 50+ yards and a TD against the Ravens in Baltimore, so that gives me some hope. Especially since the game is at Arrowhead.

• Like 1

I’m resting him up this week boys. Gotta rest my starters for my playoff run.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zuko said:

I don't know if someone already said it, but West is inactive today.

BuT iT iS gOiNg tO bE a CoMmItTeE wItH ChArMaNdEr