urban2014

Spencer Ware 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It seems to me that Ware is a hold just in case he can get right for next week.

Next week is against Seattle in Seattle.  No way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Next week is against Seattle in Seattle.  No way

Just because Minnesota could not run on Seattle with Kendricks in the lineup does not mean KC will struggle to do so without Kendricks playing.  KC's line is far better than Minnesota's.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Well...at least we know. Fire up Eli McGuire!!!!

 

I just dropped Damian WIlliams for Eli just to block my opponent from Eli since they can't pick up Damian (Waivers).  Be great to be able to light up Ware tonight but not looking like its happening

Edited by Smoketheclay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of weird Ware hasn't been ruled out yet, but I guess its not necessary for the Chiefs to do so until an hour before game time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

 

I just dropped Damian WIlliams for Eli just to block my opponent from Eli since they can't pick up Damian (Waivers).  Be great to be able to light up Ware tonight but not looking like its happening

Reasonable,  but I would rather play Damian than someone from the Jets 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Reasonable,  but I would rather play Damian than someone from the Jets 

I actually wasn't starting either of them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is his injury supposed to keep him out next week? It's a full 10 days away from the last game. Was having trouble finding info on severity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Is his injury supposed to keep him out next week? It's a full 10 days away from the last game. Was having trouble finding info on severity. 

 

I haven’t heard much on severity. Nonetheless, I think he just lost his job to Williams after last night. If anything, KC backfield will be a RBBC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jtbgator said:

 

I haven’t heard much on severity. Nonetheless, I think he just lost his job to Williams after last night. If anything, KC backfield will be a RBBC.

 

How did he lose his job to Williams last night?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

 

How did he lose his job to Williams last night?

 

He didn't lose his job......but he sure muddied the waters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

 

How did he lose his job to Williams last night?

 

Well, another employee stepped up while Ware was unable to work and demonstrated that they’re possibly a better fit for the position.

 

 He isn’t losing his job, he’s still an employee of the KC Chiefs, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Williams is named the starter soon. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ragrag said:

 

Well, another employee stepped up while Ware was unable to work and demonstrated that they’re possibly a better fit for the position.

 

 He isn’t losing his job, he’s still an employee of the KC Chiefs, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Williams is named the starter soon. 

 

So we're just glossing over the fact that Ware had 129 yards against Baltimore not even a week ago?  I mean, I know he's hurt right now, but Ware has been the backup all year for a reason.  Assuming that changes because Williams went out and did the same thing that Ware did 4 days earlier seems a little premature.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHM_13 said:

 

So we're just glossing over the fact that Ware had 129 yards against Baltimore not even a week ago?  I mean, I know he's hurt right now, but Ware has been the backup all year for a reason.  Assuming that changes because Williams went out and did the same thing that Ware did 4 days earlier seems a little premature.

 

Don't bother with the Williams owners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They lost the game.  Most of Damien’s production came in the passing game.  I don’t think there’s anything to worry bout.  The 27+ fantasy points are just that, fantasy.  I doubt Reid cares about that, being that he couldn’t salt the game away with Damien. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok may be a bit premature to say Ware lost his job. However, aside from DW’s decent rushing stats last night, his receiving numbers were outstanding (6/74). And that fits the Andy Reid pass first offense. He kinda reminded me of Hunt, just with a different number on his jersey. One play stood out to me last night: Took a carry and trucked a LB, or safety...can’t recall. But he plowed over him. I was impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jtbgator said:

Ok may be a bit premature to say Ware lost his job. However, aside from DW’s decent rushing stats last night, his receiving numbers were outstanding (6/74). And that fits the Andy Reid pass first offense. He kinda reminded me of Hunt, just with a different number on his jersey. One play stood out to me last night: Took a carry and trucked a LB, or safety...can’t recall. But he plowed over him. I was impressed.

 

Yeah, it was Derwin James he ran over.  He looked good, no doubt about it. Ware looked good the previous week as well, he just didn't get the TDs.  I would expect to see a more even split if Ware is healthy which probably hurts both their value.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JHM_13 said:

 

So we're just glossing over the fact that Ware had 129 yards against Baltimore not even a week ago?  I mean, I know he's hurt right now, but Ware has been the backup all year for a reason.  Assuming that changes because Williams went out and did the same thing that Ware did 4 days earlier seems a little premature.

 

Agreed. Knile Davis had big games filling in for Charles too over the years yet when Charles went down for an extended period Davis fell behind Ware and West. Ware was ahead of Williams for a reason and I don't see one game changing that, especially since Ware produced in that role as well.

 

Reid does not use committees. The only scenario I can see that is if Ware is still banged up and he is on a pitch count next week.

 

All that said, Ware wasn't close to playing this week so there is a good chance it will be only Williams for the fantasy finals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Williams looks like Kamara compared to Ware. Someone mentioned it but he almost looked like Hunt with a different number. Ware looks like a slow JAG. Williams is a much better fit for the offense, is faster, a better pass catcher, and a more powerful runner. If Ware's healthy I don't think you can start either unfortunately. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Williams looks like Kamara compared to Ware. Someone mentioned it but he almost looked like Hunt with a different number. Ware looks like a slow JAG. Williams is a much better fit for the offense, is faster, a better pass catcher, and a more powerful runner. If Ware's healthy I don't think you can start either unfortunately. 

 

If Ware is healthy, Im starting them both! I have Mahomes but its expected to rain which means more running. I win either way. When they both played two weeks ago, Ware had 17 and Williams had 20. I'll take that all day ever day in a championship game 

Edited by Dexter75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

If Ware is healthy, Im starting them both! I have Mahomes but its expected to rain which means more running. I win either way. When they both played two weeks ago, Ware had 17 and Williams had 20. I'll take that all day ever day in a championship game 

Yikes dude. @Seattle in prime time?  Not typically a recipe for an offensive smorgasbord.   You better pump the brakes on starting both of these dudes.  I have both and only way I am starting either is if it's damien and ware is sitting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Yikes dude. @Seattle in prime time?  Not typically a recipe for an offensive smorgasbord.   You better pump the brakes on starting both of these dudes.  I have both and only way I am starting either is if it's damien and ware is sitting.

 

Seattle's run D is garbage. They give up 114 a game. No one is sacred of Seattle's run D. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dexter75 said:

 

Seattle's run D is garbage. They give up 114 a game. No one is sacred of Seattle's run D. 

Whole different world in there for a night game.  If we could routinely rely on numbers there'd be a whole lot less guys over in the rant & vent thread right now.  Start at your own risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Whole different world in there for a night game.  If we could routinely rely on numbers there'd be a whole lot less guys over in the rant & vent thread right now.  Start at your own risk.

 

They are ranked in the bottom half of the league in rushing, passing and total D. They haven't had a dominant D in years. Not sure which Seattle D you've been watching. Chiefs are going to torch them, Seahawks don't have the personal to keep up with anyone on the Chiefs offense. Ravens have the best D in the league and the Chiefs went in to Baltimore last week and damn near put 500 yards on them. Only concern is the weather. If its raining, that's going to slow things down obviously. 

Edited by Dexter75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

They are ranked in the bottom half of the league in rushing, passing and total D. They haven't had a dominant D in years. Not sure which Seattle D you've been watching. Chiefs are going to torch them, Seahawks don't have the personal to keep up with anyone on the Chiefs offense. Only concern is the weather. If its raining, that's going to slow things down obviously. 

How many of those games were home & prime time? Ask anyone with a Vikings player what Seattle D they were watching last Monday. 

 

I'm not saying the chiefs wont put up points because they will, but to throw two dudes in the same backfield into that environment and feel good about it is just foolish.  I'll come check on you in the Rant & Vent thread this time next week.

Edited by OmegaRed88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...