urban2014

Spencer Ware 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, Ace_King said:

Is he the lead dog this week?

I battled with that question and moved on. I think it's up in the air and there are 2 key factors that make him risky obviously (health, and D. Williams playing great).

Favorable matchup for week 17 but too much of a risk to start. I’m interested to see how the workload is divided up this week though

I wouldn't worry about Damien Williams. I'm sure Ware's extension is coming down the pipeline 

I'd suggest finding out what @All Knowing thinks. He's usually pretty spot on. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

I wouldn't worry about Damien Williams. I'm sure Ware's extension is coming down the pipeline 

I'd suggest finding out what @All Knowing thinks. He's usually pretty spot on. 

Almost spit up my coffee on that last sentence :lol:

ware should be updating his passport and pricing real estate in Canada :ph34r:

• Like 1

They cant put Damien back to the 30% snaps guy and Ware the 70% after hes been injured and DWill playing great+extension- can they?

Ware was the third down back/hurry up back with Hunt- are we thinking he slides back into that role and new starter DWill keeps rolling with his current role?

Only reason Ware had the starts was bc of depth chart and familiarity being w the team since 2015, DWill hadnt been given a chance til Ware got hurt again.  It feels like Ware kinda blew his chance to prove he belongs, just dont know if that means he wont see many snaps anymore or what now hes practicing fully again.

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

They cant put Damien back to the 30% snaps guy and Ware the 70% after hes been injured and DWill playing great+extension- can they?

Ware was the third down back/hurry up back with Hunt- are we thinking he slides back into that role and new starter DWill keeps rolling with his current role?

Only reason Ware had the starts was bc of depth chart and familiarity being w the team since 2015, DWill hadnt been given a chance til Ware got hurt again.  It feels like Ware kinda blew his chance to prove he belongs, just dont know if that means he wont see many snaps anymore or what now hes practicing fully again.

Bolded for truth 👍🏼

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Bolded for truth 👍🏼

What I found crazy about these two RBs is they are basically the same size.  Ware is 5 11 225 and Dwill is 5 10 220 but Williams has looked sharper than Ware by far in both short yard and gaining extra yardage.  I suppose the front office also has noticed though...

22 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Totally accurate view here. Williams is clearly more dynamic & out-performed in his new role. Ware has always been JAG, but has value as a backup

32 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Totally accurate view here. Williams is clearly more dynamic & out-performed in his new role. Ware has always been JAG, but has value as a backup

And that’s probably the only case they re-sign ware.  If they plan on him being the backup again.    He’s well suited for the role.    Smart, good team player,  reliable.....  

6 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

The Chiefs signed Damien though. 

Yes we know-   Do they only need one rb?  Ware is dirt cheap and able to pickup any slack.   Let’s not pretend Damien is some proven workhorse. He deserves more chances but that doesn’t preclude a cheap vet like ware sticking around. 

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Yes we know-   Do they only need one rb?  Ware is dirt cheap and able to pickup any slack.   Let’s not pretend Damien is some proven workhorse. He deserves more chances but that doesn’t preclude a cheap vet like ware sticking around. 

Darren Williams? 

16 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Darren Williams? 

You mean DARREL Williams?   He’s possibly in the conversation for backup duties...or could go back the practice squad if they pickup/draft someone else.     

Just in case there was any debate as to who the CLEARLY better RB is in this system, the Chiefs running to sign Williams knowing Ware is a UFA tells you all you need to know. 

• Like 1

Damien is not a workhorse. Hes one of those AK hybrid players

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

That would require the Chiefs to extend Ware’s expiring contract. All indications are that Ware walks out the door after the season. Proven workhorse? No? Capable of becoming one? Yep

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

Damien is not a workhorse. Hes one of those AK hybrid players

5’10” 220 lbs seems pretty “workhorse’ish” to me. 

1 hour ago, Joe Odam said:

5’10” 220 lbs seems pretty “workhorse’ish” to me. 

What?! Lmao k youre ******** with me 

54 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

What?! Lmao k youre ******** with me 

Yes, you caught me...he’s actually 5’ 11” 

Inactive after fully practicing all week??? But.....butttttt how? @All Knowing said Ware was superior and he’d never mislead me!!

legendary fail. Will go down in the ANALS of rotoworld forum lore. Likely a career ender for @All Knowing

• Haha 2