Sign in to follow this  
mavsfan23

Lance Lynn 2018 Outlook

Agreed. I just dropped him and luckily grabbed Skaggs off waivers. Couldn’t take the hit tonmy ratios anymore. Luckily I benched him against the Yankees. 

Nice line tonight..  Anyone see the game, any reason for optimism? 

The reason for optimism is that he's been consistently very good over his entire career. Only a matter of time before he settled down from this horrendous start. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Theschill38 said:

The reason for optimism is that he's been consistently very good over his entire career. Only a matter of time before he settled down from this horrendous start. 

Agreed.   Hopefully this marks the end of his "spring training".

3 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Agreed.   Hopefully this marks the end of his "spring training".

Doubtful - I stacked against him so..... obviously .....

Anyway - I liked him better in the NL and on a better team as a lower end option, I think he has a mostly rough year with a few decent games strewn about (as he does have talent)

1 hour ago, jeffr913 said:

anyone else streaming today vs Baltimore?

The difference between his home and road ERA is stark. I saw last week's debacle coming, and think this week is a huge opportunity to bounce back. As with anything in fantasy sports, this is a working hypothesis supported by statistical evidence, not a guarantee.

• Like 1

Wow, I have a feeling Lynn will get blown up in the AL East (even more) but ya never know.

As a Yankees fan me no likey. Lynn with all his walks and HRs will get destroyed in YS.  Hope I'm wrong. He has been pitching a little better lately but not a good stop for him.

1 hour ago, dicka24 said:

As a Yankees fan me no likey. Lynn with all his walks and HRs will get destroyed in YS.  Hope I'm wrong. He has been pitching a little better lately but not a good stop for him.

Pitching better lately?  Not against Boston a few days back which is I, as a Sox fan, applaud the Yankees' move. 

His ERA is 5.10.  His WHIP is 1.65.  And that was in a LOT of games against fellow loser teams in the AL Central.

Gray to the pen.  Lynn probably to rotation.

Looks like a two start week next week @CWS and vs. Rangers.  YUMMY.

2 minutes ago, stevekerr01 said:

Anyone starting him a 2 week start this week? Is this too risky of a move? Texas bats have been pretty strong lately.

YOLO

If this guy had a wipeout off speed pitch he would be one of the best pitchers in baseball.    His fastball so is so difficult to put into play.