FollowTheLeader

Terrelle Pryor 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

I personally believe it is more mental than talent and can be fixed fairly easily.

The line has been so damn abysmal that Wilsons 6th sense goes off before he even takes a step back. I also believe the WRs are overrated and pretty bad which is why they need Pryor. The amount of plays i've seen where there is no where to throw the ball for a split second is ridiculous.

However, I agree that Wilson runs around way too much. He needs to do it more than any QB in the league just based on situation but i'd say upwards of half of his scrambles are unwarranted which is ridiculously high.

I agree with this assessment.  Bad mental habits as a result of poor oline play.  He really would benefit from better coaching.

I also thought his throwing motion was getting elongated last year as well though.

1 hour ago, aadam said:

Do you really think Seattle's success depends upon picking up Terrell Pryor? 

You would say ...  but what do statistics say? Because with the line  being as abysmal as you mentioned  I think most of his scrambling is warranted   

No their success doesn't depend on it. However, Seattle was viewed as a prime destination for free agents. Now, players are jumping ship and if he chooses the Jets over Seattle it just points to it not being all that good. No disrespect to the circus...

My eyes tell me that from watching every game. When a scramble is warranted or not is not statistic based it's opinion based. Way too much variables go into it to have a statistic tell you.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2018 at 11:53 AM, Rolling Thunder said:

The other problem I have is Wilson only seems to be really productive when he is forced off-script.  I am not convinced yet that he produces on-script from the pocket with the best QBs in the league.  So far, to my eye, Baldwin is the only one who knows how to take full advantage of Wilson's unconventional talents.  I wouldn't trust a newcomer, even one as arguably as talented as Pryor, to fit in anywhere near as effectively as Baldwin has always fit in.

This is also somewhat accurate. When the pocket collapses he is easily the best player in the league. However, otherwise he hasn't been as elite and good as others. He's an incredible QB but if he can develop good pocket awareness and SLIGHTLY better accuracy (missed too much guys last year) he can contend with Rodgers for the best in the game for a good while.

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

This is also somewhat accurate. When the pocket collapses he is easily the best player in the league. However, otherwise he hasn't been as elite and good as others. He's an incredible QB but if he can develop good pocket awareness and SLIGHTLY better accuracy (missed too much guys last year) he can contend with Rodgers for the best in the game for a good while.

it drives me nts when he turns and runs backwards 20yds to avoid the rush and  buy time for his wr's

• Like 1

McCown's there.  I'm happy taking a shot at Pryor again this year, probably 7th+ round.

• Like 1

Seattle gets dogged again.  I think they must be low-balling people big time.

Enunwa and Anderson may end up with more targets.  Lets see the contract details, but I don't like the landing spot for Pryor's fantasy outlook.

5 hours ago, kdko said:

McCown's there.  I'm happy taking a shot at Pryor again this year, probably 7th+ round.

This is my thinking.

Pryor is going to be "the guy" there, for better or for worse.  It's a reasonable gamble that he'll step up.  If Bridgewater makes the 53, all the better.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Seattle gets dogged again.  I think they must be low-balling people big time.

Seattle needs young receivers who won’t run out of steam during the 25 seconds it takes Wilson to do his east-to-west-to-east marathon before chucking the rock. Pryor would’ve been sucking wind after after play.

55 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

This is my thinking.

Pryor is going to be "the guy" there, for better or for worse.  It's a reasonable gamble that he'll step up.  If Bridgewater makes the 53, all the better.

I’d suggest Enunwa will be the man, Pryor relegated to a 2017 Sammy Watkins role.

1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

I’d suggest Enunwa will be the man, Pryor relegated to a 2017 Sammy Watkins role.

Are we just going to ignore what Robbie did last year with McCown?

1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

Seattle needs young receivers who won’t run out of steam during the 25 seconds it takes Wilson to do his east-to-west-to-east marathon before chucking the rock. Pryor would’ve been sucking wind after after play.

In Washington pryor did a terrible job of coming back for the ball when kirk was scrambling and he wasnt very good at making his blocks downfield. if its just a go rout and the QB chucks it to him he should be fine. 

I hate the fit here.   Anderson, Kearse, Enunwa, Pryor.     Anderson leads in targets while he's playing, and Kearse already has a good rapport with McCown, he'll get his.    Anderson might not even get suspended, and if he does, what if its two games?  Not much value add for Pryor in that, and we may not even see anything done before the season starts.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I hate the fit here.   Anderson, Kearse, Enunwa, Pryor.     Anderson leads in targets while he's playing, and Kearse already has a good rapport with McCown, he'll get his.    Anderson might not even get suspended, and if he does, what if its two games?  Not much value add for Pryor in that, and we may not even see anything done before the season starts.  

Love that he's going to make Anderson and Enunwa even cheaper to own.

• Like 1

Just read something hilarious-   The 1-15 Browns in 2016 were led by McCown, Crowell, and Pryor, and now the Jets have all three.   

• Like 3

I honestly hopes he has another highlight video catch in training camp and his draft stock shoots up.

I want people to overpay for tertiary wr's this season.^_^

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Just read something hilarious-   The 1-15 Browns in 2016 were led by McCown, Crowell, and Pryor, and now the Jets have all three.   

Led is an inaccurate qualifier.  Pryor was #3 on the depth chart and RG3 was the starting QB. RG3 got hurt week1. Josh went back into rehab, Corey Coleman broke his hand.

Enter the B and C team combo of mcown+kessler+pryor

Edited by dashoe

45 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Love that he's going to make Anderson and Enunwa even cheaper to own.

is Anderson even playing this year? I mean I don't see weed on there so probably no issue 

On January 19, 2018, Anderson was arrested at 2:15 A.M. in Sunrise, Florida. Nine charges have been filed against Anderson, according to police records: resisting an officer/obstruction without violence; felony harm to a public servant or family; felony fleeing/eluding while lights/siren active; reckless driving; failure to drive in a single lane; two counts of disobeying/avoiding a red light; speeding; and turning without a signa

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

I hate the fit here.   Anderson, Kearse, Enunwa, Pryor.    

Looking at the list of WR's here instantly made me think of the scene below. Hey, they did eventually save the world :lol::lol: I could see them coming out on the field and Bill Belichick has that ewww look on his face saying "talk about the wrong stuff" lol

Edited by nonstopfan

Why would prior sign on a bad team that already has several WRs when he could have signed with a recent super bowl championship team with a wide open depth chart?  Must have been a large gap in the money offered.

56 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I still have to give Pryor one more season/chance before looking past his advanced metrics. I never was a "stat guy" but more of a circumstantial/game script type of manager when contemplating who to draft/start, but this dude is a 99% percentile in speed at 6'4". I cannot see the Jets signing this guy and not at least attempting to make him an X receiver over receivers like Anderson and Kearse. We don't even know if Quincy is going to be on the field at the start of the season. I will definitely draft Pryor in the 7th +, especially in PPR. I might even draft him earlier if I go 0 RB and WR heavy (full ppr only).  

The three receivers that would be fighting for target share are not athletic studs in my opinion. Losing ASJ also means there was, before Pryor, no dominant RZ target. I can't see Crowell getting many goal line opportunities with this team (at least this season), and they will be down a-lot. 

I don't want to go too far yet, but Pryor could be another Todd Gurley example where people dismiss him after one season and his true form comes out the next season with a better opportunity. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smeeze said:

Are we just going to ignore what Robbie did last year with McCown?

Definitely not. But I imagine Enunwa will slip into a role similar to the one he held when Decker and Marshall were primary receivers --- Anderson will be covered heavily to prevent the deep threat, and Enunwa----who's big, shifty, and also has developed great hands----will reap the benefits. Let's see how Anderson is hyped in the upcoming months and Enunwa falls to obscurity; I can see Anderson being over-valued and Enunwa becoming the value pick on the team. Should be fun to watch. Less frustrating if I wasn't a JETS fan, though.

Pryor will go undrafted in the majority of leagues.  I’ll watch him on the waiver wire to see if he flashes...

This is a bad career move...

I don't see a team that averaged 18 ppg and about 3200 passing yards over the last 2 years being able to sustain fantasy value for 4 receivers. Robbie Anderson might be the only draftable WR on the team barring any disciplinary action.