Sign in to follow this  
cohenstantinople

Nathan Peterman 2018 Outlook

16 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

Maybe not consistently before this season, but it's pretty obvious he can make those throws. He seems to have made some improvements to his game based on what he's shown so far. Lots of QBs have deficiencies -- Peterman is no exception -- but my point is that even if he gets Buffalo off to a hot start, he'll never get the credit he deserves after face-planting last season. 

No, it isn't pretty obvious. He has done the same thing in both pre-seasons and has not shown the same skills when real defenses are on the field. In neither game last year has he exhibited that sort of talent. All practice reports indicate the same thing. He was similarly effective last season, and I hope he is very successful, but he just does not have the skill set necessary to be a productive NFL QB. We all know the Bills will go as their QB goes, and around here especially he will get credit if he does well.

3 hours ago, AirForceOne said:

No he doesn't... he gets rid of the ball quickly and makes some pretty decent throws, including a lot of comeback and sideline route as evidenced by the TD throw at the end of this clip. The Peterman everyone saw last season is NOT the Peterman of 2017. I'm not saying he's the next Peyton Manning or anywhere close, but I'm pretty sure everyone will be surprised about how solid he is.

Lots of people picking Buffalo as a dumpster fire this season are going to be disappointed. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see them win at the Ravens week 1, and win 8+ games this year. 

I'm interested to hear your take on how they'll get to 8 wins with that offensive line.  Maybe if they had decent protection, some things could go their way but they did nothing to improve this aspect. 

4 minutes ago, jvmillion83 said:

I'm interested to hear your take on how they'll get to 8 wins with that offensive line.  Maybe if they had decent protection, some things could go their way but they did nothing to improve this aspect. 

It honestly makes me sad to think that teams with fanbases as loyal as the Bills and the Browns have management that is so utterly dysfunctional that they cannot see and fix the things that are obvious even to casual viewers. 

Just give me those teams and a billion dollars and I'm sure I can fix it.

(On the other hand, just give me that billion dollars, I guess.)

10 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

It honestly makes me sad to think that teams with fanbases as loyal as the Bills and the Browns have management that is so utterly dysfunctional that they cannot see and fix the things that are obvious even to casual viewers. 

Just give me those teams and a billion dollars and I'm sure I can fix it.

(On the other hand, just give me that billion dollars, I guess.)

You're correct.  All these guys even got cut this weekend and I'm not reading anything about Buffalo trying out some of these players.  But keep rolling out the human turnstyle in Vlad Ducasse. 

3 hours ago, jvmillion83 said:

A subpar offensive line can be well masked by a QB with a quick release and good mobility, which are 2 of Peterman’s strengths.

We’ve seen guys like Marcus Murphy, Tavaris Cadet and Keith Ford bust some big runs this preseason — and we haven’t even seen McCoy yet.

On 9/2/2018 at 6:11 AM, petekrum said:

If he’s starting for you even in a 2 QB league you have drafted poorly.

A starting QB in the NFL should not be left on the WW in a 2 QBs leagues. You saying he can’t be like a bye week filler? Or end of the bench backup? That’s nice. 

No one is expecting Tom Brady but in deep 2QB leagues he definitely has value. I’m in a 14 person 2QB league where people roster backups so getting him for free on waivers if not only to use as trade fodder is nice. He was clearly their best option in preseason. Does he keep the job all year? That’s a different story....

10 hours ago, ginocan said:

A starting QB in the NFL should not be left on the WW in a 2 QBs leagues. You saying he can’t be like a bye week filler? Or end of the bench backup? That’s nice. 

Read what I said, I f he’s STARTING for you,....

This thread is hilarious. Actually acting as if Peterman has any value in any league format.

I feel bad for the guy. He is being led to slaughter to shield Allen from a rough start. Any care to guess who the first 3 games for Buffalo are against? Ravens, Chargers, Vikings. Three of the toughest defenses in the league. Peterman will get 3 games, get destroyed, and then Allen will start game 4 after the tough stretch of games are done. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Let me be clear the only value this guy has is in a 2 qb 14 team league as a week 1 thru 4 starter if you own jameius and fitzpatrick is already gone. With that being said let's not forget Watson's only regular season college loss in his last college season was in a shootout lost to a team qb by peterman. The bills o line and lack of wr weapons will of course hinder his chance come Sunday but this is not as if the bills are starting jeff tuel out there this Sunday. Yes the chargers game last year was the perfect storm and yes peterman looked overwhelmed and yes I am starting the ravens defense in daily this sunday (which is prob the wrong move as it is the squarest of square plays) but if after the ravens bills game is over and we hear hsi final passing line is 20-38 250 yards 2 tds 3 turnovers would it shock me? Not really. 

4 minutes ago, awesomesince86 said:

This thread is hilarious. Actually acting as if Peterman has any value in any league format.

I feel bad for the guy. He is being led to slaughter to shield Allen from a rough start. Any care to guess who the first 3 games for Buffalo are against? Ravens, Chargers, Vikings. Three of the toughest defenses in the league. Peterman will get 3 games, get destroyed, and then Allen will start game 4 after the tough stretch of games are done. 

Peterman has a TON of value!!!

I plan on streaming the opposing D, they’ll be fantasy gold.

I feel bad for Peterman, he’s getting thrown to the Wolf’s the same way Kizer was last year...

Ravens-Chargers-Vikings. Poor kid...

• Like 3

I had a dream that I started the Baltimore D against Peterman and got zero points for it.

Still plan on starting Baltimore D, but my expectations are now tempered.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Things can only go up for this guy, right?  5 INT game is tough to replicate. 

True.  But 5 sacks is doable.

8 hours ago, ilovepelas said:

Let me be clear the only value this guy has is in a 2 qb 14 team league as a week 1 thru 4 starter if you own jameius and fitzpatrick is already gone. With that being said let's not forget Watson's only regular season college loss in his last college season was in a shootout lost to a team qb by peterman. The bills o line and lack of wr weapons will of course hinder his chance come Sunday but this is not as if the bills are starting jeff tuel out there this Sunday. Yes the chargers game last year was the perfect storm and yes peterman looked overwhelmed and yes I am starting the ravens defense in daily this sunday (which is prob the wrong move as it is the squarest of square plays) but if after the ravens bills game is over and we hear hsi final passing line is 20-38 250 yards 2 tds 3 turnovers would it shock me? Not really. 

He's got big value in my 2QB 12 team league.  

6 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Things can only go up for this guy, right?  5 INT game is tough to replicate. 

favre and peyton have both thrown  more then 5 in a game 

matt ryan drew brees russel wilson flacco eli rothlisberge matt stafford have all thrown 5 picks in a game 

and if you go back and watch petermans all  5  were not his fault 

but peterman did do it in one half 

• Like 1

Don't see what the issue is. He was far and away the best QB in Buffalo all offseason and in the preseason. He gives them the best chance the win and also the best fantasy output for the rest of the players on the Bills' offense.