NYR Fan 116894

MacKenzie Gore- SP SD

On 1/25/2019 at 8:18 AM, kmoore1521 said:

getting a free pass for the blister issues? Still top SP prospect over the likes of honeywell...luzardo.......whitely for some? 

Personally, I am completely overlooking the blisters. I think it is a matter of finding the treatment that works for him. Shoulder injuries are the red flag for me because I just bake in every pitcher having one Tommy John surgery before their age 27 season. 

Posted (edited)

making Chris Paddack look like a scrub so far

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=669022#/career/R/pitching/2019/ALL

37 IP, 19 hits, 7 bb, 5runs, 52k's, .152baa, 0.70 WHIP

needs to move up, grab him now if he happens to still be avail, more than likely hes in the 2020 opening day rotation

Edited by Golden Spikes
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

making Chris Paddack look like a scrub so far

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=669022#/career/R/pitching/2019/ALL

37 IP, 19 hits, 7 bb, 5runs, 52k's, .152baa, 0.70 WHIP

needs to move up, grab him now if he happens to still be avail, more than likely hes in the 2020 opening day rotation

You should qualify that you're talking about keepers/dynasty - there's no reason to move on him now in redraft as he might not even get the call this year.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, smeeze said:

You should qualify that you're talking about keepers/dynasty - there's no reason to move on him now in redraft as he might not even get the call this year.

I think that the fact I said hes likely to be in the starting rotation in 2020 kinda qualifies that

Edited by Golden Spikes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

I think that the fact I said hes likely to be in the starting rotation in 2020 kinda qualifies that

Fair enough, there's just a lot of people that will make an add without doing their research when they see "add now" without context on these forums. Just trying to look out for others.

3 minutes ago, kenag122002 said:

Any news on why he only went 2 IP yesterday?  Ejected hopefully?

I saw on Twitter it was a planned short stint...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kenag122002 said:

Any news on why he only went 2 IP yesterday?  Ejected hopefully?

It was planned. The Padres are managing his workload. He has 77/11 K/BB in 55 2/3 IP. Unreal

• Thanks 1

I picked this kid up in my NL-only roto auction league because I figure if I keep him now at $1 (costs $3 to keep each year) I'm either paying $4 for a stud next season or $7 for a stud in 2021.  This kid just seems to check all the boxes for me.  I think he's ace material and I'm willing to tie up some cheap money to see it through.  Here's to hoping he gets a taste of AA soon.  Very curious to see how he performs at a new level.  He doesn't have anything left to prove in A ball.

Posted (edited)

6IP 9K 3H 2BB 1ER. Domination. 10 straight starts 1ER or less. 74Ks in 49 2/3IP this year.....Promote this guy already....

Edited by bjvance5
  • Like 1

Best pitching prospect in the game and truly not very close. 

Health, as with all pitchers is his only variable to overcome. 

As stud, as a pitching prospect can be. 

• Like 1

Most people seem to think he's more of a 2021 guy. If he's up to AA soon (like he should) it seems like that would be plenty of time to prove worthy of a June 2020 call up. It's possible his low innings pitched will be a factor.

4 hours ago, treat88 said:

Best pitching prospect in the game and truly not very close. 

Health, as with all pitchers is his only variable to overcome. 

As stud, as a pitching prospect can be. 

Casey Mize is the best minor league pitcher.

That said, this guy is straight nasty.

20 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That said, this guy is straight nasty.

I would say it’s close.. Mize seems to be the more sure thing but Gore could be special. I think both will be great personally. 

36 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Wrong.

9 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Wrong.

Solid argument. Casey Mize has pitched a no hitter and has been dominant in the minor leagues even at Double A.

Therefore, despite your quality argument, it is my assertion that Mr. Mize is the best pitcher in the minor leagues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Solid argument. Casey Mize has pitched a no hitter and has been dominant in the minor leagues even at Double A.

Therefore, despite your quality argument, it is my assertion that Mr. Mize is the best pitcher in the minor leagues.

mize is two years older than Gore and started the season at the same level. I'm not arguing who's better or has more potential, but even if they were exactly equal in talent, shouldn't mize put up better numbers against equal competition, since he's got two years experience on Gore?

Edited by osb_tensor

1 hour ago, osb_tensor said:

mize is two years older than Gore and started the season at the same level. I'm not arguing who's better or has more potential, but even if they were exactly equal in talent, shouldn't mize put up better numbers against equal competition, since he's got two years experience on Gore?

No.

7 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

I don't really think so. If anything it's harder for a pitcher to stay healthy for an extra 2 years like Mize has done.

I mean, is a 23 year old football player better than a 25 year old one because the 25 year old is 2 years older?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BMcP said:

No.

Well thought out, logical reasoning. I can totally see where you're coming from. 🙄

54 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I don't really think so. If anything it's harder for a pitcher to stay healthy for an extra 2 years like Mize has done.

I mean, is a 23 year old football player better than a 25 year old one because the 25 year old is 2 years older?

This is baseball bro, don't care about football, and yes, age compared to the competition is fairly important when considering minor league numbers. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2019 at 9:06 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Thanks for the chuckle. I didn’t realize that pitching a no hitter automatically qualifies a pitcher as being better than one who hasn’t while ignoring their collective numbers. Gore’s numbers are better than Mize’s while pitching at a younger age.

You can certainly have your little “assertion” that Mize is better than Gore. It doesn’t make you correct and it doesn’t make the reasons you came to that assertion as correct either.

Also, despite your efforts, this is the Mackenzie Gore thread. Not the Casey Mize thread and not the Gore vs Mize thread.

Edited by ThreadKiller