NYR Fan 116894

MacKenzie Gore- SP SD

Padres LHP prospect MacKenzie Gore struck out four hitters over 5 1/3 scoreless innings on Saturday for Double-A Amarillo.

Gore allowed just two hits, and he walked one. It was the first start at the Double-A level for the 20-year-old, but you wouldn't have known it. The third pick of the 2017 draft showed the same impressive command and poise that he did with High-A Lake Elsinore, and the stuff to make those things even more relevant. He now owns a 0.96 ERA in his 16 starts this year with a 114/21 K/BB rate and .136 average against. The ceiling -- and floor -- here is ridiculous. There's an outside shot we see Gore pitching for the Padres in 2019 if this keeps up at the Texas League level.

Posted (edited)

Dudes been shutdown. Will pitch on the side still and could possibly be activated for the AA playoffs. He surpassed his previous innings total by 40 IP. He owned a 1.72 era, 0.84 whip, & 130:27 K:BB.

The sky is the limit with a kid of this caliber and I think the Padres obviously know this so sounds like he may be handled with kid gloves.

Edited by bjvance5

28 minutes ago, bjvance5 said:

Dudes been shutdown. Will pitch on the side still and could possibly be activated for the AA playoffs. He surpassed his previous innings total by 40 IP. He owned a 1.72 era, 0.84 whip, & 130:27 K:BB.

The sky is the limit with a kid of this caliber and I think the Padres obviously know this so sounds like he may be handled with kid gloves.

Smart...a similar bump again next year will put him at 130-140 IP range. That should get him to AAA sometime next year assuming all goes well.

So ETA to San Diego in mid-2021 then? As a dynasty owner, I'm glad they're using this approach.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wayzupusc said:

Smart...a similar bump again next year will put him at 130-140 IP range. That should get him to AAA sometime next year assuming all goes well.

So ETA to San Diego in mid-2021 then? As a dynasty owner, I'm glad they're using this approach.

hes going to be given a shot in Spring Training, I can almost guarantee that.  He will also never see AAA, they will keep him in AA til he reaches the bigs, same with Patino

IMO the absolute latest you see him is July 2020 barring injury

Edited by Golden Spikes