Sign in to follow this  
aifan27

Segura or Xander?

H2H, standard 5x5 cats

In a vacuum, who do you like better this year: Segura or Xander?

I think they are very similar.... Bogarts will get you more RBI, Segura more SB. I feel Bogarts has a little more hype than his potential. I would go with Segura mainly because of the SB

Looking at the last two years:  traditional 5 counting

Runs  Xander 209 to Segura 182

HR both have had 31, kind of similar variables too, where it was like 20+11 for one and 21+10 for another, so probably expect 13-17 for both.

Average - Segura has been about .310 and Xander in the .283 range

SB Segura has 27 more over last two years - which when like 150 in a season Roto gets you like top 3, thats important. 

In a vacuum, I have Xander slightly higher, I just prefer across board production and try to limit the liability stats like putting up 45RBI which Segura could easily do.  As a specific team, if I had pretty good power numbers and needed bags maybe average and was OK risking liability in power stats - I go Segura

In a vacuum, Segura.  For value purposes (since you should be able to get him later), I like Segura more as well. Segura offers much more speed, and honestly as much power as Bogaerts.

Help with mine?