SpecialFNK

Kenta Maeda 2018 Outlook

His peripherals aren’t going to help me win a league so I’m getting more than a bit frustrated. Last night was a layup win against a mediocre team at home vs Matt Harvey and a bullpen game and he has one of the worst whip blowups I’ve seen

I would drop him in a 12-team mixed and shallower.  Have him in an NL Only right now so I'm stuck with him.

Just now, MJDrocks said:

I would drop him in a 12-team mixed and shallower.  Have him in an NL Only right now so I'm stuck with him.

Same here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cyberer said:

Same here

Dude has such a little chance for a QS every time he pitches because of the way he is babied.  Hard to own a guy like that when there are guys on the waiver who have a better chance to get you a QS every time they pitch.

This guy is maddening.  If you play anything past 5x5 he's hard to drop though.  A lot easier to manage in  h2h.  I can see dropping in a roto redraft.  Patience is a virtue,  if and when he ever figures out how to pitch a little more efficiently he's fantasy gold

Jeez.  It's flashes like today remind you of the kind of stuff this guy has when he's locked in.  Wish we got it more consistently.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, MJDrocks said:

Jeez.  It's flashes like today remind you of the kind of stuff this guy has when he's locked in.  Wish we got it more consistently.

Today more than reminding me about Maeda's stuff, reminded me about how bad the Marlins offense is.

Let's see if Maeda can pitch well vs. anyone else other than the Marlins.  He's allowed 1 ER in 15 IP vs. the Marlins this year, and has an ERA of over 6 vs. the rest of baseball.  Unfortunately for Maeda he won't get to face the Marlins AAA lineup again this year.

12 minutes ago, svtballa said:

Bench or start tonight??

i'm gonna start him. 

wow, no love for the guy!? lol

3 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

wow, no love for the guy!? lol

Seriously. Lots of east coasters, it seems. He looked phenomenal this evening. He almost had an immaculate inning in his last inning of work. Very excited with the way he's throwing the ball lately. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, varock said:

Seriously. Lots of east coasters, it seems. He looked phenomenal this evening. He almost had an immaculate inning in his last inning of work. Very excited with the way he's throwing the ball lately. 

yeah he did look great! just snagged him before today's start, hopefully he keeps it up. 

Maeda exited Tuesday's game against the Phillies with a right hip strain, Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports.

• Like 1

Sounds like he might be back next weekend but they have ATL, might need to leave on bench. 

On 5/12/2018 at 11:25 AM, MJDrocks said:

Dude has such a little chance for a QS every time he pitches because of the way he is babied.  Hard to own a guy like that when there are guys on the waiver who have a better chance to get you a QS every time they pitch.

Not on any of my waiver wires...those of us in 10-12 teamers are dealing with dregs like Marco Estrada, Bartolo Colon, Zack Wheeler, Jason Hammel, etc.  Most of us are just going to have to stick with Maeda.

• Like 1

any idea when he returns?

17 hours ago, mi26 said:

any idea when he returns?

He's eligible to come off Saturday and their entire rotation is injured, so i imagine he starts either Saturday or Sunday.

Starting Wed. at home vs. Cole Hamels (who has good numbers against LA)...

Anyone going to start him, or wait to see how he does coming off the DL?

On 6/11/2018 at 1:30 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

Starting Wed. at home vs. Cole Hamels (who has good numbers against LA)...

Anyone going to start him, or wait to see how he does coming off the DL?

Will likely keep on DL for this start.  Seems like he'll be on a pitch count seeing as he never went on a rehab assignment to build his arm back up.

On 6/13/2018 at 3:09 AM, MJDrocks said:

Will likely keep on DL for this start.  Seems like he'll be on a pitch count seeing as he never went on a rehab assignment to build his arm back up.

Maeda looked flat-out terrible last night in what should have been a good matchup.  It really could/should have been much worse than 2 ER.  He wasn't missing any bats at all last night, allowed a ton of baserunners, and the Rangers hit at least 3 balls that were caught by outfielders at the wall that would have been homeruns in more hitter-friendly ballparks.

After the way he pitched last night, I'll keep him on the DL for his next start against the Cubs.  No way would I start him against the Cubs at Wrigley.

21 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Maeda looked flat-out terrible last night in what should have been a good matchup.  It really could/should have been much worse than 2 ER.  He wasn't missing any bats at all last night, allowed a ton of baserunners, and the Rangers hit at least 3 balls that were caught by outfielders at the wall that would have been homeruns in more hitter-friendly ballparks.

After the way he pitched last night, I'll keep him on the DL for his next start against the Cubs.  No way would I start him against the Cubs at Wrigley.

thank goodness there's only one park that's more hitter friendly. (coors)

i agree that he didn't look good, but those warning track shots are less fearsome almost anywhere else.

when he got through the first 2 innings, I was getting excited because typically those are his worst innings...I told myself to sit him but the matchup pulled me in and his prior K rates....oh well.