• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
SpecialFNK

Kenta Maeda 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I didn't mean it was a "bad" outing. Very frustrating to watch and you have to wonder how stupid plays like that affect a pitcher mentally and....butterfly effect. ;)

Any who. I may try to deal him because....Dodgers.

Same reason I'm thinking about trying to deal Stripling. Lol. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 2:02 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

inconsistent. and will he go back to pen? kind of a tough luck outing last time vs. COL. Has Angels this week and I'm benching for other options. See how it goes from there...

Tough call whether to start him against the Angels or not.  He's pitched really well the last two times out, and the Angels aren't a great offense outside of Trout.

This seems like the type of scenario where if I start him, he's going to get shelled and I'm going to be kicking myself for starting him and if I bench him, he's going to do great and I'm going to be kicking myself for benching him.

Last 3 starts:

19.2 IP

3 ER

27 K

He labored in the 6th inning tonight, but still pitched pretty well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Last 3 starts:

19.2 IP

3 ER

27 K

He labored in the 6th inning tonight, but still pitched pretty well. 

He pitched really well.  Very very frustrating to have freaking Kenley Jansen blow it for him when Maeda was one strike away from a win.

This guy has been putting up some amazing stretches. At the same time, he's also put up some horrid stretches. Who is the real kenta maeda?

Posted (edited)

It would be nice to see him pitch deeper in games. Can’t seem to get the QS. Cant really complain with nearly 11k/9

Edited by Steelers72

16 hours ago, Steelers72 said:

It would be nice to see him pitch deeper in games. Can’t seem to get the QS. Cant really complain with nearly 11k/9

I can complain. My league counts QS and doesn't count Ks.

Did Kenta just vulture me a .3 inn. win away from Kershaw? Nice!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Halo Fan said:

Did Kenta just vulture me a .3 inn. win away from Kershaw? Nice!

Great 1/3 of an inning win!  I'm just hoping that Maeda doesn't end up being the odd man out in the 2nd half and being sent to the bullpen like last year.  I would think that Maeda has pitched well enough recently for that not to happen, but the Dodgers are really stacked with starters.  I hope Maeda's "experience" working out of the bullpen doesn't work against him.

• Like 3

This guy has basically turned into their co-ace with Strippling. Seems like Hill has been pushed out. I think Maeda is is primed for a big second half and hopefully lots of Ws and keeping up the Ks...sure seems sustainable, just need some luck in the health dept!

On 7/16/2018 at 12:30 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

This guy has basically turned into their co-ace with Strippling. Seems like Hill has been pushed out. I think Maeda is is primed for a big second half and hopefully lots of Ws and keeping up the Ks...sure seems sustainable, just need some luck in the health dept!

Incredibly disappointing tonight the way his gem turned into a 5.29 ERA and he lost the win with that last inning.  I put this one squarely on Roberts for leaving him in too long.  Maeda has never been someone who can work deep into games.  He should have been out of there after the first 2 batters in the 7th got on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, FootballFan101 said:

Incredibly disappointing tonight the way his gem turned into a 5.29 ERA and he lost the win with that last inning.  I put this one squarely on Roberts for leaving him in too long.  Maeda has never been someone who can work deep into games.  He should have been out of there after the first 2 batters in the 7th got on.

Agreed.

5 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

That sucked!

Agreed.

Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2018 at 10:48 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

That sucked!

Start him or bench him tonight?  Very tough matchup tonight against a loaded Brewers lineup (especially with Moustakas now) that kills RHP.  At least it's in Dodgers Stadium, not Miller Park.  Still this matchup makes me nervous.

Edited by FootballFan101

12 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Start him or bench him tonight?  Very tough matchup tonight against a loaded Brewers lineup (especially with Moustakas now) that kills RHP.  At least it's in Dodgers Stadium, not Miller Park.  Still this matchup makes me nervous.

I’m starting with medium confidence 

Starting.  Maeda has been consistent since the 6/19 debacle.  Brewers profile as a good candidate for high K's in L.A. 

35 minutes ago, 80version said:

Starting.  Maeda has been consistent since the 6/19 debacle.  Brewers profile as a good candidate for high K's in L.A. 

*jinx :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, 80version said:

I made such a boneheaded decision starting Maeda.  Like I said an hour before the game, the Brewers offense is elite especially now with Moustakas.  Such a boneheaded decision.  Making decisions like that is how to lose leagues.

The first inning could have been far worse (as in him giving up more than 1 run).  Maybe he settles down.  Hopefully at least.

The post above is just a bit drastic since it was only one inning.  Again, hopefully at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

The first inning could have been far worse (as in him giving up more than 1 run).  Maybe he settles down.  Hopefully at least.

The post above is just a bit drastic since it was only one inning.  Again, hopefully at least.

Terrible start, no way to sugercoat it.  Such a dumb decision to start him.

Didn’t help that the power goes out when he’s seconds away from starting the 2nd inning. However, he looked horrible in the first inning, but against the most dangerous 1-4 lineup in the NL. 

next two matchups are tough as well. HOU and @ COL