SpecialFNK

Kenta Maeda 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Just now, BMcP said:

He pulled him!

 

What the heck is the point of letting him bat, wasting a prime scoring opportunity, and then taking him after facing 2 more batters (1 out, 1 hit)?  Definitely does not seem worth it letting him bat.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FootballFan101 said:

 

What the heck is the point of letting him bat, wasting a prime scoring opportunity, and then taking him after facing 2 more batters (1 out, 1 hit)?  Definitely does not seem worth it letting him bat.

 

None, really - trying to preserve the pen, perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FootballFan101 said:

 

Roberts is such a bad manager.  Top of the 6th inning, Dodgers have a runner at 3rd one out with Maeda's spot due up, a prime opportunity to pinch hit, get an insurance run with Maeda having already thrown 90 pitches and having well-documented struggles the 3rd time through the order.  Instead Roberts lets Maeda bat, he pops out, and the Dodgers don't score a run and now sends an exhausted Maeda out to start the 6th and likely blow up in the 6th.  When will Roberts ever learn?

For Maeda to have a small chance at being a useful pitcher, fantasy or MLB, he needs to be carefully managed and this has been the exact opposite. Only myself to blame for owning a Dodger pitcher though. It’s Maedening!!!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FootballFan101 said:

 

Roberts is such a bad manager.  Top of the 6th inning, Dodgers have a runner at 3rd one out with Maeda's spot due up, a prime opportunity to pinch hit, get an insurance run with Maeda having already thrown 90 pitches and having well-documented struggles the 3rd time through the order.  Instead Roberts lets Maeda bat, he pops out, and the Dodgers don't score a run and now sends an exhausted Maeda out to start the 6th and likely blow up in the 6th.  When will Roberts ever learn?

Saves the bullpen if he lets Meada pitch the sixth which letting him bat for himself hopefully does. An inning here or there adds up over the course of the season. Dodger announcers had no problem with the move and said it wasn't the first time Roberts had done this. Dodgers are deep in SP not so much in the BP this year.

 

Just looked strange though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Saves the bullpen if he lets Meada pitch the sixth which letting him bat for himself hopefully does. An inning here or there adds up over the course of the season. Dodger announcers had no problem with the move and said it wasn't the first time Roberts had done this. Dodgers are deep in SP not so much in the BP this year.

 

Just looked strange though

 

It would be pretty rare for home team broadcasters to come out and criticize their own manager, so the fact that they didn't means nothing to me.  Wasting a prime scoring opportunity to save the bullpen from having to get 1 extra out makes absolutely no sense.  Certainly, the move didn't work out and I think it would be fair to pin this loss on Roberts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2018 at 11:08 PM, craigmack said:

New closer after what just went down in Colorado?

 

I hope so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or after what went (again) last night?! Come on...I don't watch a ton of LAD baseball but Roberts really leaves a lot to be desired in a skip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has anyone else cut him? any change he gets back in the rotation? I am starting to prepare for playoffs and could use the roster spot to pick someone up who actually starts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Maeda's a safe drop, but he's also probably first in line to start if someone gets hurt, so be ready to pick him up if like, Rich Hill pops a blister or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhandome said:

I think Maeda's a safe drop, but he's also probably first in line to start if someone gets hurt, so be ready to pick him up if like, Rich Hill pops a blister or something

 

Stripling would be first up I think. My guess is Maeda is the closer in a few weeks if Kenley keeps looking unhealthy

Edited by cad300

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cad300 said:

 

Stripling would be first up I think. My guess is Maeda is the closer in a few weeks if Kenley keeps looking unhealthy

 

There's been a lot of speculation that Maeda could close but I dunno, he's been a SP his whole career,would they just hand him the closer job? I think at best he'd be part of a committee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rhandome said:

 

There's been a lot of speculation that Maeda could close but I dunno, he's been a SP his whole career,would they just hand him the closer job? I think at best he'd be part of a committee.

Hmmm.. yeah, have you seen these other dudes in this LAD pen?? He's far and away the best thing they have going in their bullpen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.