TheGreatest42

Middle Relievers 2018 Outlook

Good call earlier on Lou Trivino. Pitching  in high-leverage multi inning situations for the Athletics, he has  7 W which leads all middle relievers, plus 3 SV on the year. 4 and 2 in the past month. 10 K/9 1.34 ERA 0.97 WHIP.  Relying on a MR for Ws is dumb I suppose but the Athletics don't exactly have a ton of innings eaters at SP and have played a lot of tight games this year. Combine that with the fact that he seems to be next in line for saves on Trienan's off days, he could remain a source of cheap W/SV with some mild ratio and K help in deeper leagues. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baur10 said:

Good call earlier on Lou Trivino. Pitching  in high-leverage multi inning situations for the Athletics, he has  7 W which leads all middle relievers, plus 3 SV on the year. 4 and 2 in the past month. 10 K/9 1.34 ERA 0.97 WHIP.  Relying on a MR for Ws is dumb I suppose but the Athletics don't exactly have a ton of innings eaters at SP and have played a lot of tight games this year. Combine that with the fact that he seems to be next in line for saves on Trienan's off days, he could remain a source of cheap W/SV with some mild ratio and K help in deeper leagues. 

Yes, big props to  whoever was touting him early in this thread, I thank you.   Big help especially with Ottavino breaking bad of late, it was nice to plug in what seems to be an elite MR option.

Edited by Beakman

3 hours ago, Beakman said:

Yes, big props to  whoever was touting him early in this thread, I thank you.   Big help especially with Ottavino breaking bad of late, it was nice to plug in what seems to be an elite MR option.

You can give me the credit if you want. I was asking about him here over a month ago. Someone LOLd at me over his control I think. Wish I had picked him up then, hes been great.

My initial interest was as a handcuff for Blake in case he got dealt at the deadline. CSB, I know.

Edited by Lebanasty

On 6/25/2018 at 8:09 AM, Goatstain3 said:

Will Smith (SF) has been very good lately, as well.

On 6/25/2018 at 8:53 AM, Mongeese said:

Smith is also SP eligible, for those that look for such things.

Straight up beast!!!

Keep an eye on AJ Cole. Been pitching 1-2 innings since being moved to the bullpen with the Yankees with lots of K's. This year's Chad Green?

Edited by street sharks

Thoughts on Corbin Burnes? He's a top prospect expected to be pitching out the pen for Milwaukee the rest of the season. Earned a save in his first oppo. Do any Milwaukee fans know the deal with him and whether he'll be put in high leverage sitations consistently?

On 7/13/2018 at 10:15 AM, whitekenyan24 said:

Thoughts on Corbin Burnes? He's a top prospect expected to be pitching out the pen for Milwaukee the rest of the season. Earned a save in his first oppo. Do any Milwaukee fans know the deal with him and whether he'll be put in high leverage sitations consistently?

Another strong outing (2IP, 4K, 0.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP) against PIT during their 2-1 Game 1 loss on Saturday. I think this kid could really be something in Holds leagues in the second half, especially in Knebel falters.

Keep an eye on Ray Black for SF.  Had a rough first outing (in a pretty meaningless appearance as they were up big against STL), but has since had 6 Ks, 0 BB, 0 H in 2.2 innings.  They made a point to get him up after they had roster openings when Jackson/Gearrin were traded.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 7:15 AM, whitekenyan24 said:

They definitely like him because I believe they won't put him on the table for Machado.