TheGreatest42

Middle Relievers 2018 Outlook

19 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

If Sean Doolittle gets hurt would Ryan Madson be most likely to take the Closer's spot (rather than Kintzler)?  Only reason I'm holding a roster spot for Madson is for the possibility of scooping up National saves down the road.

Presumably it would be Madson, with Kintzler going to the 8th.

3 hours ago, Ace_King said:

Presumably it would be Madson, with Kintzler going to the 8th.

I assumed as much.  I'm keeping a bench spot for Madson, since a Doolittle injury would turn Madson into an incredibly attractive commodity.  Right now my pen is awful in terms of saves though.  Knebel is hurt.  And Miller/Bradley/Hader don't get many save opportunities (although their other starts are elite).

On 4/25/2018 at 10:44 AM, Dirtywater97 said:

Arano all day and it's not close for me.

Impressive numbers so far for sure, but zero holds. Any insight on his usage out of the Philly pen? Any chance they start putting him in higher-leverage holds-type situations anytime soon? 

3 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

In a 5x5 who would you rather have ROS Arano or Nicasio?  

I think you have to go Arano in 5X5.  A league that counts holds is obviously totally different but Arano has been basically unhittable thus far.

On 4/26/2018 at 7:51 AM, jnormy said:

Impressive numbers so far for sure, but zero holds. Any insight on his usage out of the Philly pen? Any chance they start putting him in higher-leverage holds-type situations anytime soon? 

I don't see Arano getting a ton of HLD opps this year.  Before Neris Philly runs Garcia and Morgan, then they have Hunter who just came off the DL and should slot into the setup position until Neshek gets back.  So it'll likely be Neris>Neshek>Hunter>Garcia>Morgan>Arano.  Slim pickings on the HLDs there for Arano though he could leap frog the latter two if he continues to dominate.

Anybody know what is up with Steckenrider?  He got a win Tues, next thing he's unavailable with an undisclosed ailment and no update since.

15 hours ago, vthunder said:

Collin McHugh was put up great numbers out of the Astros pen so far.  

Pen so deep though. Good thing Astros win a lot as I bet he gets a few holds.

• Like 1

Huh? Read the blurb closely.

Well baseball management 2018.

Ryan Madson plans to be more cautious about his workload moving forward.

Madson threw 75 pitches over four appearances during a recent stretch before being blasted for six runs over two-thirds of an inning on April 18. He woke up in severe pain the next day and wasn't even able to play catch again until last Monday. "They’ve given me the autonomy … and that’s why it’s my fault," said Madson. "I didn’t even know I had thrown that many pitches. Had I known, I’d be more cynical. I had rough innings all week — pretty much all year. I knew I had long innings the whole week but I wasn’t counting pitches." Ideally the Nationals will keep better track of a pitcher with Madson's history and age and even push back even if he says he's good to go, so it's a lesson learned for everyone.

Source: Washington Post

Anybody like Trevor Hildenberger? Behind Rodney and Reed in the Twins pen, but pitching well and picking up holds.

Has anyone looked at Richard rodriquez???

He's only pitched 11 innings but is fourth among qualified relievers in k/9.

21 strikeouts to 1 walk in 11 innings of work. Just stuck out 6 guys in 2 innings the other day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ktierne3 said:

Has anyone looked at Richard rodriquez???

He's only pitched 11 innings but is fourth among qualified relievers in k/9.

21 strikeouts to 1 walk in 11 innings of work. Just stuck out 6 guys in 2 innings the other day.

I haven't seen him pitch but K/9 caught my eye. I picked him up in my leagues yesterday, looking for maybe a vulture win or holds against the Sox and some great ratios. Just a speculative add on my part. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

I haven't seen him pitch but K/9 caught my eye. I picked him up in my leagues yesterday, looking for maybe a vulture win or holds against the Sox and some great ratios. Just a speculative add on my part. 

Ya that's what I did too. Striking out six in two innings with one walk is pretty impressive so he must have decent stuff, but it's a small enough sample where he could have just been "on." We'll have to see.

• Like 2

Oh my.. steckenrider has absolutely destroyed ratios this week. What in the world. 

Just now, osb_tensor said:

Oh my.. steckenrider has absolutely destroyed ratios this week. What in the world. 

Yeah we broke up.

• Like 1

What's up with Barraclough's downturn in Ks? Anything to be concerned about?

Richard Rodriguez going to get any holds?  Just a matter of time?  Numbers look filthy.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 5:22 PM, #1Stunna said:

Richard Rodriguez going to get any holds?  Just a matter of time?  Numbers look filthy.

Kontos has been knocked out of the 8th inning role, my guess is Feliz takes the 8th and Rich Rodriguez takes the 7th. 

He currently has 29 strikeouts and 2 walks. Both walks were intentional. That's insane 

Edited by mpbaseball22

On 5/15/2018 at 5:22 PM, #1Stunna said:

I think the better question is who the hell is he and where did this come from? :D

Was watching the Pirates game last night and I was impressed by the stats, and then impressed by what he did yet again on the mound last night.  Even if he doesn't get that many holds, which he may if he is definitely the 7th inning guy now, he is probably worth rostering for the K's alone.

Victor Arano is back! He was incredible up until this injury. He should be 100% now and is way underowned. Sneaky chance at taking the closer gig for the Phillies IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roscobangs said:

Victor Arano is back! He was incredible up until this injury. He should be 100% now and is way underowned. Sneaky chance at taking the closer gig for the Phillies IMO.

Kapler'd