theSPANKER

Cameron Brate 2018 Outlook

Just now, Panthor said:

wow, huge bump incoming for this guy.  has a shot to be a top 5 TE each week rest of the way,  we already know Winston likes to throw to Brate

Hopefully Winston plays at least one half per game.  Might be new TB stratagy - one half each.

Just now, nosh0t said:

Hopefully Winston plays at least one half per game.  Might be new TB stratagy - one half each.

may not be a bad strategy, considering that Winston and Fitz both can only manage to play well for half a game

His schedule reads

49ers
Panthers
Saints
Ravens

You would only be conformable playing him against Panthers and possible 49ers?

Though does come with more upside then some other TE streamers out there.

• Confused 1

Brate was a complete non-factor the second half last year but you'd have to think that was in large part due to Howard. With him gone I think Brate would have to be in the top 5ish TE conversation ROS. I'd bid quite a bit on him if I was in need of a TE.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Brate was a complete non-factor the second half last year but you'd have to think that was in large part due to Howard. With him gone I think Brate would have to be in the top 5ish TE conversation ROS. I'd bid quite a bit on him if I was in need of a TE.

Well as a Burton owner I think a lot of people who own in the non Kelce/Ertz/Gronk/Kittle  the 5-12 landscape is a weekly crapshoot.  Would you having anyone in the 5-10 TE range rather have Brate ROS?  For me maybe if he clears waivers but doubt he will...

5 minutes ago, Left2Right said:

His schedule reads

49ers
Panthers
Saints
Ravens

You would only be conformable playing him against Panthers and possible 49ers?

Though does come with more upside then some other TE streamers out there.

Even with the MNF explosion last night, the Bucs lead the league in passing yards per game. I don't see why he would be matchup dependent. I feel like all they do is turn the ball over, get into a big hole, and try to chuck their way out. I'd be comfortable playing him in any game period, although I'd prefer Winston throwing to him as Winston has shown he will look for him in the endzone more than Fitz.

Edited by WaiverLooter

Yeah...Brate just is not very good...This is a boon to Evans owners as he should see all of Howard's targets

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Way to bring me back to reality. 

Last year was Falcons/Panthers/Saints where they put up 21 / 19 and 31 pts.  So kind of dissapointing especially against Falcons / Saints.

2 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

Well as a Burton owner I think a lot of people who own in the non Kelce/Ertz/Gronk/Kittle  the 5-12 landscape is a weekly crapshoot.  Would you having anyone in the 5-10 TE range rather have Brate ROS?  For me maybe if he clears waivers but doubt he will...

I think I would actually. Burton is a perfect example. Crapshoot week to week, but in his last 4 games he has 95 yards and a TD. I'd roll the dice with Brate all day long over that production, especially with Trubisky questionable.

8 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Last year their passing offense wasn't nearly as explosive. Weeks 15,16,17 passing yards were 267, 289 and 326. This year, they are averaging 361 yards per game...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Brate put up about 12 in PPR Week 4 when O.J. was out. And in this wasteland that’s like 30 points.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Small sample size. Brate was the TE6 and TE8 in 2016 and 2017 respectively. A great pickup for TE needy owners.

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Shiiiiiiite... was going to spend #2 on Tre but now have to spend on Brate ... Dont trust Ebron or Njoku

top 5 easily .. Bucs pass aLOT

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

Based on a poll on the Sleeper app, about 67% have him over Doyle. Is that surprising to many of you? I don’t think I could put him that high. 

That's probably mainly due to Ebron I'd think. As noted, Brate is not very good. Obviously he has a clear path to targets, but he is definitely not OJ Howard. If anyone benefits from a general receiving point of view it might be Chris Godwin.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Different OC. This offense is way better this season than past years. Even in those bad years Brate was a TE1. And for those saying Brate is not that good, gtfoh. That’s ridiculous. He’s not athletically gifted like OJ or a great blocker, but he’s definitely a skilled receiver. That’s why they re-signed him in the first place. If they needed a blocker they could have gotten one a lot cheaper. 

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Different OC. This offense is way better this season than past years. Even in those bad years Brate was a TE1. And for those saying Brate is not that good, gtfoh. That’s ridiculous. He’s not athletically gifted like OJ or a great blocker, but he’s definitely a skilled receiver. That’s why they re-signed him in the first place. If they needed a blocker they could have gotten one a lot cheaper. 

I will say his salary is ridiculous but hey, it doesn't affect fantasy so I don't care...

5 hours ago, Evincar said:

Small sample size. Brate was the TE6 and TE8 in 2016 and 2017 respectively. A great pickup for TE needy owners.

Yeah that's more informative than a few games at the end of last year. Moreover, as was noted earlier, the offense is far more explosive now than in 2016 or 2017. Brate isn't going to pile up yards but he is a great red zone target. He is similar to what Kyle Rudolph was back when he was producing.

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Brate vs Everett vs Hooper.

Discuss

40 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

McDonald also

Hooper has been catching a ton of passes so he's clearly ahead of the pack for me in PPR. I would probably put Brate next. I think his production will be similar to McDonald's in that he won't catch a ton of passes but I think he'll have a higher TD upside due to less competition in the RZ (Evans is clear #1 option but will also get #1 attention, Barber isn't a real threat from close so he is likely fighting with Godwin for #2). I don't think Brate is a scrub I think he is an above average TE but definitely isn't O.J. Howard who is an athletic freak and much better blocker. McDonald has more competition not only for TDs but for snaps too with Jesse James getting some work. Everett is a promising talent but he is splitting snaps with Higbee which caps his upside and McVay doesn't have a great history of using his TEs. His usage is trending up with Kupp out but even in a game Goff threw 49 times he only was targeted 4 times (although scored 2 TDs which is promising but Gurley was injured too).

Edited by Jaw1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Brate vs Everett vs Hooper.

Discuss

Hooper shouldn't even be available.

• Confused 1

I bid $12 for Brate, got outbit by $38, who pays $50 for a TE that hasn't been that good?