theSPANKER

Cameron Brate 2018 Outlook

Jumped onto the Brate train tonight. With the way TB passes, Winston’s history with him, & no Howard...easy call 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Someone that's been unlucky streaming all year lol

So basically the whole league besides the owners of Kelce, Ertz maybe Ebron or Kittle?  TE is my kryptonite this year for sure.  I grabbed Brate in every league and I hope I can get some stability for the playoffs.

Edited by KuNiT21
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

So basically the whole league besides the owners of Kelce, Ertz maybe Ebron or Kittle?  TE is my kryptonite this year for sure.  I grabbed Brate in every league and I hope I can get some stability for the playoffs.

TE have wrecked my season too, I have had Graham and Burton and I didn't play Burton when he had is one big game.

9 hours ago, kdko said:

Hooper shouldn't even be available.

He was on my team.

Dropped him for Brate.

Flipped Brate and 2 RBs for Ertz.

Standard scoring, btw

6 minutes ago, Phoenix421 said:

I snagged Brate in all 3 leagues I am in. Had Howard in 2 and have Gronk in the other.

And to the above poster, yes I drafted Burton as well in one league and man what a mistake it was. I could've waited for a Kittle or really anyone else. Where Burton was drafted, he has been a bust.

You'd rather play Brate over Gronk ROS?

7 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

You'd rather play Brate over Gronk ROS?

At this point, Gronk's fantasy season is a bust, so absolutely.  Patriots are diverse this year with new weapons and a solid running game, Gronk is being Bill Belicheck phased out because he won't be a Patriot next year.

• Haha 1

At this point I think he is the actual #1 Waiver add. Added in every league 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Ouch...hope he does well for you in the consolation bracket

If you don’t have one of the top TEs, he IS the #1 add, smarta**.  I have Kelce and still dropped several FAAB $ on him as a bye week fill-in and to keep him away from my TE-needy playoff opponents.

None of the WRs and RBs on waivers right now are likely gonna crack a strong team’s starting lineup for the playoffs.  Brate has top-5 upside, and will likely be at least a top-10 option every week.  Unless you have Kelce, Ertz, Kittle or maybe Doyle/Ebron/Hooper, you should ABSOLUTELY be going after Brate.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

At this point I think he is the actual #1 Waiver add. Added in every league 

Yep. Got him in the overnight waivers in my money league for $3. Pretty happy too because I'm just rostering him as a back-up to Kittle for the stretch run. Cut Rudloph in the process. What a colossal bust he's been!

think he immediately slides into the top end of the second tier guys ... prefer him over Njoku, possibly even Doyle. 

Winston loves this cat near the stripe ...

Howard donezo?  this is a no brainer scoop. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

think he immediately slides into the top end of the second tier guys ... prefer him over Njoku, possibly even Doyle. 

Winston loves this cat near the stripe ...

Howard donezo?  this is a no brainer scoop. 

After the Ertz, Kelce, Kittle group, Brate immediately falls into the Olsen, Gronk, Cook, Hooper tier. Because of the potential, I rate him above underperformers like Reed, Graham, Burton & Rudolph

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Like 1

I personally think Brate is a better pass-catching weapon than OJ Howard.  (Howard's blocking of course is something different.)  This guy has huge upside and must be added in all formats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, scheibler said:

Picked him up and now shopping Kelce around. TE1 imo, but we'll see

:lol::lol::lol:

these are jokes right? you have to go back to 2016 to be impressed by this guy

saying he's a better weapon than OJ because teams actually fear OJ and defend him as such while Brate is an afterthought for every defense is hilarious

hope i'm wrong tho cause he was the only thing out there and i dropped every other TE i had :unsure:

46 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

:lol::lol::lol:

these are jokes right? you have to go back to 2016 to be impressed by this guy

saying he's a better weapon than OJ because teams actually fear OJ and defend him as such while Brate is an afterthought for every defense is hilarious

hope i'm wrong tho cause he was the only thing out there and i dropped every other TE i had :unsure:

I'm not saying he's the #1 overall TE. I'm saying he's interchangeable after Kelce, ertz, kittle. 

8 hours ago, humanpuck said:

I bid $12 for Brate, got outbit by $38, who pays $50 for a TE that hasn't been that good?

7 hours ago, roughnecker101 said:

Someone that's been unlucky streaming all year lol

And also someone who's probably on the cusp who needs to win out to make the playoffs.  At week 12, what are you saving FAAB for if TE is the only hole in your roster,

He doesn't have the upside of Howard but he can rise to the top of near the top of the second tier (Howard had made it a four TE first tier imo). He is in a very good offense and isn't in a time share situation (e.g., like Doyle or McDonald). That gives him top 10 status with a shot at being top 5 ROS.

He isn't a replacement for Howard, though. Howard had made it a four player top tier. Brate's ceiling is leading or being second among the second tier. He won't rack up the yardage Howard could.

6 hours ago, Phoenix421 said:

I snagged Brate in all 3 leagues I am in. Had Howard in 2 and have Gronk in the other.

And to the above poster, yes I drafted Burton as well in one league and man what a mistake it was. I could've waited for a Kittle or really anyone else. Where Burton was drafted, he has been a bust.

Same with me as to Burton.  The warning signs were there early on. But  I kept holding on because he was putting up about 10 per game but it was clear he was TD dependent. Then after the big game, I thought maybe he'd get going.   But the targets are too inconsistent.     I grabbed Brate as well.   With Howard out and Winston at the helm, he seems an easy start over Trey.

Edited by K197040

On 11/20/2018 at 1:35 PM, LongBalls said:

Probably top 12. He's still not very good but TE sucks this year. I wouldn't take him ahead of guys like Burton, Olsen or Njoku. Maybe around the Kyle Rudolph range.

Are u kidding??!! Burton is trash, Njoku hasn’t been targeted in like 3weeks. Don’t understand none of that, except Olsen being ahead of him.

Edited by Tomei7

On 11/20/2018 at 1:48 PM, ESquared said:

I have Burton and honestly I'm thinking long and hard about dropping him for Brate. 

I would make that move without blinking 

On 11/20/2018 at 2:37 PM, maxim730 said:

Shiiiiiiite... was going to spend #2 on Tre but now have to spend on Brate ... Dont trust Ebron or Njoku

top 5 easily .. Bucs pass aLOT

In the same boat with Njoku, I’m gonna try to grab Brate

On 11/21/2018 at 12:41 PM, KennyWoo said:

I personally think Brate is a better pass-catching weapon than OJ Howard.  (Howard's blocking of course is something different.)  This guy has huge upside and must be added in all formats.

Lol.... whaaaaaaaaa?!?

Brate doesn't score 75 yard TD's man nor does he average 16.6 YPC

• Like 1