theSPANKER

Cameron Brate 2018 Outlook

On 11/21/2018 at 9:10 AM, cordovahi said:

Picked up brate and I have njoku. Do I start brate over njoku ROS?

In the same boat. Lmk your thoughts.

1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

I would make that move without blinking 

Yup, I did on Tuesday waivers. Seeing how bad Burton did this last game - again - just validated the decision. 

Brate is my playoff TE probably. I’ll go with Doyle until playoffs, then Brate afterward. Brate’s ceiling isn’t going to be high, but I’m sure 10-12 points in PPR should be expected as a floor. If I have an opponent with a guy like Kelce or Ertz I may think about Doyle or Ebron. It’s still pretty risky to play these timeshare dudes because like last time out both were duds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerdown said:

Trying to decide between Brate and Olsen tomorrow.

I think Olsen's matchup is just too good to bench him but if Jackson and Godwin miss the game you could just start both of them.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, metalmat said:

I think Olsen's matchup is just too good to bench him but if Jackson and Godwin miss the game you could just start both of them.

100%

orrrrr....if Godwin plays but Evans is out.   And Jackson per above.    But keep an eye on the news as it’s possible that Fitz is announced as the starter.  In that case, look for Howard to come back which would render Brate a low end QX 3.

24 minutes ago, KCJONES said:

Is Brate over Cook a no-brainer??

I think so.   The “experts” do as well about 70/30.

I’m on the fence between him and Doyle. Both need TDs to really make a fantasy impact. 

Id like to see at a minimum 3/40/1. I’d be thrilled with a 6/55/1 line. 

10 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Id like to see at a minimum 3/40/1. I’d be thrilled with a 6/55/1 line. 

Lol.  Well no s#%^.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Beerdown said:

Trying to decide between Brate and Olsen tomorrow.

Olsen no brainer. Brate's basically an unknown at this point. I'd wait a week before starting. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Brate’s ceiling isn’t going to be high, but I’m sure 10-12 points in PPR should be expected as a floor.

Maybe I'm wrong but I see Brates floor more like 3-27 and his ceiling 10-12 ppr points, making him another TD dependent TE option.  He's not OJ Howard and likely won't get as many targets or yardage.  TE is a crap shoot this season and now we can add Brate to the list.  I prefer someone like Doyle or Olson, who have quite a bit more upside with increased targets and yardage.

Edited by Red Dog
  • Confused 2

On 11/23/2018 at 8:21 PM, Tomei7 said:

In the same boat. Lmk your thoughts.

Waiting a week to see him in that offense. Firing up njoku 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Reuben Foster arrested for domestic violence last night - missing DBag can only help Brate

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2807654-49ers-reuben-foster-arrested-on-charge-of-domestic-violence

Not sure it matters considering what a few have done in Foster's 6 games played

Kelce 8/100+

Graham 5/100+

But having a back up second string TE in there could not hurt Brate.....

I own Njoku, Brate and Engram and just tearing my hair out at wanting a safe 10 pts, I will flip a coin I guess

2 hours ago, CharlesHustle said:

Not sure it matters considering what a few have done in Foster's 6 games played

Kelce 8/100+

Graham 5/100+

But having a back up second string TE in there could not hurt Brate.....

I own Njoku, Brate and Engram and just tearing my hair out at wanting a safe 10 pts, I will flip a coin I guess

If it were me I'd be going brate bc this game is projected to be high scoring by Vegas

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Reuben Foster arrested for domestic violence last night - missing DBag can only help Brate

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2807654-49ers-reuben-foster-arrested-on-charge-of-domestic-violence

Foster hasn't been all that productive on the field. It doesn't change anything for match up purposes. The 49ers have a bunch of other good LBs, especially the rookie Fred Warner.

well with doyle done he is my TE ROS....promising start but i hope we get more targets...promising he was the guy in the red zone

Winstin JUST missed a second TD to Brate in this game too from about 15 yards out....which would have put him around 17 points.

Definitely not the worst TE for this late in the season.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, FooserX said:

Winstin JUST missed a second TD to Brate in this game too from about 15 yards out....which would have put him around 17 points.

Definitely not the worst TE for this late in the season.

thx man...he seems like the fav red zone target from some highlights i saw...amen :)

Anyone else have Tre Burton and Brate and just playing matchups the rest of the way or more like flip a coin or choose one with your eyes closed lol!