Mr2Saint

Chris Carson 2018 Outlook

47 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

Flashed as a rookie.  Anything to see here?

Great stash-and-see in dynasty, but trading for Carson at this point is risky.

Great talent, but too many unknowns right now: the Seattle line needs help, Demarco Murray and JStew are both visiting Seattle, and the complicated nature of Carson’s injury makes full recovery a mystery. 

Believed greatly in the kid, was devastated when I saw him go down. Any RB who can produce behind that O-line is something special. Best case scenario, Carson makes a full recovery, Seattle keeps Davis as his backup, McKissic as COP back, and invests 90% of their capital into Offensive Line with a smidgeon leftover for TE, DL, and DB. 

1 hour ago, Mr2Saint said:

Flashed as a rookie.  Anything to see here?

Seahawks are in rebuild and no idea what they will look like come preseason. I wouldnt touch any of the rb's unless they were in the waiver as flyers

• Like 2

Carson showed enough that if he is healthy I think he’s the guy. So the key will be is he on track with his recovery and so far so good.

Seems crazy that they're still bringing in JAG vets after the whole Lacy thing.    Either spend for a premium RB or spend a high pick if you want aggressive change.  If not, roll with the existing guys.  They're all as good or better than a JStew or Murray at this stage.   Maybe one breaks out, if you give them a chance and they dont get unluckily injured.  

Rawls and Davis out. I fully expect SEA to add at least one more RB, but you have to feel somewhat encouraged if you're a Carson owner.

Outlook slightly higher.

On 3/13/2018 at 9:57 AM, BrianM said:

Seems crazy that they're still bringing in JAG vets after the whole Lacy thing.    Either spend for a premium RB or spend a high pick if you want aggressive change.  If not, roll with the existing guys.  They're all as good or better than a JStew or Murray at this stage.   Maybe one breaks out, if you give them a chance and they dont get unluckily injured.  

Yeah, seems like they are oblivious to the fact that their offensive line has been terrible for last couple of years and they're trying to fix their run game issues by rotating mediocre RB's through the lineup. It's a head scratcher.

unless they improve that o line i'll be passing on the seattle run game 

On 3/13/2018 at 10:55 AM, Wild Thing said:

Carson showed enough that if he is healthy I think he’s the guy. So the key will be is he on track with his recovery and so far so good.

at the end of last year carroll said carson could return for the playoffs if they made it so i imagine he is very much recovered by now

• Like 1

I believe Carson will get the starting nod. I am stashing.  He was close to a return in December because he is a freak athlete.  He will be good to go this summer.  The O line was trash and he still was able to average over 4ypc(on limited touches).  Of course the Seahawks are going to look at veteran RB's, there aren't a ton of young rb's floating around at a cheap price and they need SOME depth - I think it is telling that they are looking at cheap old vets instead of trying for Hyde, Mckinnon, Crowell, etc(the tier above the old man's club(gore, blount, Jstew). They probably draft a RB but this is Carson's job to lose and I think he showed us a pep in his step last year.

10 hours ago, Packdog said:

at the end of last year carroll said carson could return for the playoffs if they made it so i imagine he is very much recovered by now

2 hours ago, Rizzle630 said:

I believe Carson will get the starting nod. I am stashing.  He was close to a return in December because he is a freak athlete.  He will be good to go this summer.[...] They probably draft a RB but this is Carson's job to lose and I think he showed us a pep in his step last year.

For my two cents, I wouldn't say "freak" athlete, though I am a huge fan. Carson ran well, and it was fun to watch him run, and amidst a crowded backfield he was on the only one who truly looked good regularly. Heartbreaking when I saw him go down (I watch all Seattle games) and then get bent around. I see his injury as something a more complex, and while I'm hopeful he'll return to full form, I'm skeptical until I see it with my own eyes. Carroll is a great coach, and like the two of you guys, Carroll is a great (and even exaggerated) optimist. I want to trust his optimism when he said Carson would start if they'd made it to the playoffs, but this is not a simple injury; it's a compound (dual) injury, high ankle sprain with torn ligaments + fracture below the knee. It's two injuries from the same incident. If Carson cannot return to full form, he will have trouble keeping his job, and this is what concerns me.

Meh, I've seen enough of Pete Carroll and fell for the lies.  Carson might be the best back they have, but I don't see him anymore than part of a frustrating 3 man committee.

6 hours ago, CooL said:

Meh, I've seen enough of Pete Carroll and fell for the lies.  Carson might be the best back they have, but I don't see him anymore than part of a frustrating 3 man committee.

The interesting x-factor here is, Seattle has dumped their RB backfield (Rawls, Lacy, and surprisingly Mike Davis), leaving only CJ Prosise and McKissic along with CC. I see Prosise as more of a pride thing, hope that they can get something out of this Round 3 draft muff, because at this point he's only been available for 11 games in two years, amassing 195 yards rushing / 1 TD (in two years), and 23 receptions 295 yards receiving (zero TDs). McKissic at 5'10" 195lbs has really be used as more of a WR than an RB, even last season when he was last man standing in Seattle's RB injury pit of despair. Assuming they take two RBs this upcoming draft, but they address their major needs first (like o-line, and now some holes in defense), and assuming Prosise suffers a high-ankle sprain while getting out of his bathtub, the competition for the role and the committee itself will be shallow. I see the complexity of Carson's injury more of a draft deterrent than either committee worries of offensive line instability. Still, I'm rooting for the kid.

If Keenan Allen can stay healthy for a full season, anything is possible. Prosise is the best RB Seattle has right now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joshua18 said:

If Keenan Allen can stay healthy for a full season, anything is possible. Prosise is the best RB Seattle has right now. 

Agreed on prosise but he cannot stay healthy, if the seahawks dont sign anyone I think carson could have a nice year.

I know Rawls had a very short stint of success, but has anyone besides Lynch had much success since Carroll has been there? The Seattle OLines weren't great when Lynch was there. He made them much better than they actually were.

Hard pass on Seattle.

3 hours ago, devaster said:

I know Rawls had a very short stint of success, but has anyone besides Lynch had much success since Carroll has been there? The Seattle OLines weren't great when Lynch was there. He made them much better than they actually were.

Hard pass on Seattle.

Okung Sweezy Unger were much better than what they've been running out there recently.   Above average. 

Seattle RB . . hard pass. 

You guys need to let the Beastmode era go.

Petey Boy keeps sucking you guys in with his rb churn

Just let it go

:lol:

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

Davis just re signed. Certainly doesn't help Carsons value. 

Every team in the league has 2nd/3rd/4th string RB.  If I was counting on Carson as one of my keepers, I'd much rather one of those back-up RB be someone like Mike Davis than SEA using a 2nd or 3rd RB draft pick on one of the top RB prospects like Guice, Ronald Jones, Nick Chubb, etc.

Think Carson is worth a stash. Consider his ceiling much higher then Davis , but the injury and the prospect of the Seahawks drafting a RB puts a damper of expecting to much. Like him much better if the Seahawks pass on drafting a RB.

31 minutes ago, Harold Seattle said:

Think Carson is worth a stash. Consider his ceiling much higher then Davis , but the injury and the prospect of the Seahawks drafting a RB puts a damper of expecting to much. Like him much better if the Seahawks pass on drafting a RB.

Injury was just a fluke. Nothing to worry about. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Injury was just a fluke. Nothing to worry about. 

Sure it was a fluke, but after seeing what a injury did to Rawls career worth a red flag for sure.

Edited by Harold Seattle

54 minutes ago, Harold Seattle said:

Sure it was a fluke, but after seeing what a injury did to Rawls career worth a red flag for sure.

Unlike Rawls, Carson has vision and talent. Rawls was always an overrated bruiser.