Mr2Saint

Chris Carson 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, kdko said:

That's a good point.  Lynch, Rawls, Carson.. All guys who run with no abandon.  Difference is that Lynch has some major wiggle.

and he had burst

29 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

From a 'hawks fan perspective, why doesnt Carson do it for you?

Guess I am spoiled.  Curt Warner, Chris Warren, Shaun Alexander, Marshawn Lynch, those guys were all game breakers.  I just don't see Carson is being in their league.

• Like 1

Lynch was an intelligent runner that never went down on 1st contact. Lynch knows how to shed tackles and gain those extra yards without taking a beating. Carson appears to just run with reckless abandon straight ahead. Which is awesome, but you have to wonder if he can stay healthy doing that. He didn't last season.

• Like 2

This guy is a straight beast on the field. Very fun to watch. 

Edited by DannyMcPot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is the strategy to go back to back with him and Penny? Spend to mid rounders to secure what could be High end RB2 production? 

I'd personally rather grab Carson and another RB with high upside like Hyde or Dion Lewis.  Penny is still going late 5th round according to FFC, and if that's the case there are a lot more RB's I like better in that range.  

The problem with the strategy of trying to lock up the backfield is that there's always the chance they eat into each other's value, and you end up with two bench/flex RB's.  While I think history really shows us that Carroll favors using a single RB, I'd rather give myself a shot at picking two winning horses than having my best case scenario using 2 picks to get 1 RB.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

I'd personally rather grab Carson and another RB with high upside like Hyde or Dion Lewis.  Penny is still going late 5th round according to FFC, and if that's the case there are a lot more RB's I like better in that range.  

The problem with the strategy of trying to lock up the backfield is that there's always the chance they eat into each other's value, and you end up with two bench/flex RB's.  While I think history really shows us that Carroll favors using a single RB, I'd rather give myself a shot at picking two winning horses than having my best case scenario using 2 picks to get 1 RB.  

I agree here.  I see no reason to think you're locking up high end RB2 value taking Carson and Penny.  I mean, it isn't like the hawks have had a killer running game the past handful of years.  Frankly, it's been quite the opposite.....It's been horrible.  

I'm approaching these guys as I don't want either of them as anything except a RB 3/4 type on my teams as I'm not convinced either of them will be weekly fantasy starters.

I went TE early and ended up with him as my RB3, because he seemed to be sitting there begging me to take him. I don't love him but I think he has a chance to emerge as the lead back and could return value if he drops in drafts. Penny has been completely uninspiring so far but they're not just going to ice their 1st round pick no matter how much he struggles. 

I will admit that at this point I have no idea what to think about Carson vs Penny. I'm thinking I'll try to draft them both back to back if I can and see what happens. Don't trust the o-line, but I can see racking up receptions with Wilson choosing between Baldwin and the RB.

On 8/19/2018 at 1:25 PM, devaster said:

Carson appears to just run with reckless abandon straight ahead. Which is awesome, but you have to wonder if he can stay healthy doing that. He didn't last season.

Rawls was similar ... gotta think RahRah Petey and St. Russel and the O-line and the kids on defense really appreciate that take no prisoners style ... it fires folks up, that's for damn sure - but the shelf life in modern day tackle foosball is limited.  very much so.

6 hours ago, bsong71 said:

I will admit that at this point I have no idea what to think about Carson vs Penny. I'm thinking I'll try to draft them both back to back if I can and see what happens. Don't trust the o-line, but I can see racking up receptions with Wilson choosing between Baldwin and the RB.

was able to secure both back to back at rounds 9/10 in my 10 team ppr. No  brainer