Mr2Saint

Chris Carson 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

This is such a terrible narrative.  Who was suppose to take the lead behind an offensive line they invested the least amount of money in during that time?  They had college basketball players at LT starting, college TE starting at RT, college DT starting at RG.  At one point Seattle made such a mockery of the offensive line position under Tom Cable it was humiliating.  Here’s the challenge,  name one RB after beast mode who deserved to be a “bell cow”?  People need to some some patience Seattle has finally given resources to line again, Duane Brown is a stud and was tossing guys around like rag dolls on Sunday, Fluker in over horse**** loser Sweezy will be huge upgrade to ground game.  Be patient and let things play out before drawing such drastic conclusions.  Road game against Broncos is tough, road game against Bears is tough.  Maybe give a few home games before discussing conclusions. 

I agree. Seattle O-line is much improved this season. After a few games, it will gel and we got ourselves a workhorse RB bois.

The seahawks just lost.  They cant be messing around anymore.  Play the better player.

10 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:
Carroll says Chris Carson "really took the lead at that position'' against Denver. Says Penny "looked a little rusty.'' Will find ways to keep using Penny but implication is they won't split time this week the way they did last week.

Carroll says Carson looked great in the preseason, blah blah blah. Carroll says Carson really took the lead and Penny looked rusty, which was clear as day, yet Carroll gave Penny as many touches...

As I said a couple times in previous posts, anyone that watched the game could easily see that Carson was the better player. I know everyone points out that the Seahawks invested a first rounder in Penny, but unless he starts playing a lot better I don’t think he will be THAT much of a factor.

I think the bigger concern is how devoted to the run the Seahawks are. It darn sure didn’t look like they had a defense that could rely on this year, so I could easily see them getting in a lot of shootouts/playing behind and letting Wilson throw it every play. 

18 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

and now, in today's episode of "As The Petey Turns" ...

Carroll says Chris Carson "really took the lead at that position'' against Denver. Says Penny "looked a little rusty.'' Will find ways to keep using Penny but implication is they won't split time this week the way they did last week.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Joeklebba said:

As I said a couple times in previous posts, anyone that watched the game could easily see that Carson was the better player. I know everyone points out that the Seahawks invested a first rounder in Penny, but unless he starts playing a lot better I don’t think he will be THAT much of a factor.

I think the bigger concern is how devoted to the run the Seahawks are. It darn sure didn’t look like they had a defense that could rely on this year, so I could easily see them getting in a lot of shootouts/playing behind and letting Wilson throw it every play. 

They split this week to see what they had in the first rounder.  Penny had 8 yards on 7 carries.  Terrible.  If they want to win games, they will run Carson more now.  It sounds like Carroll is laying the groundwork for that with the media.

18 minutes ago, owenmills said:

giphy.gif

Carroll is the absolute worst at coach speak. I trust him as much as I trust Nickelback to put out a good album. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kp96 said:

They split this week to see what they had in the first rounder.  Penny had 8 yards on 7 carries.  Terrible.  If they want to win games, they will run Carson more now.  It sounds like Carroll is laying the groundwork for that with the media.

Yeah, they should have just benched Jordan Howard after his 9-7 and 7-6 games in 2017.

23 minutes ago, kdko said:

Yeah, they should have just benched Jordan Howard after his 9-7 and 7-6 games in 2017.

Rashad penny is not Jordan Howard.  Penny is a rookie who looked terrible in preseason and in the first game.  Howard was a vet.  Nice try though.

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

This is such a terrible narrative.  Who was suppose to take the lead behind an offensive line they invested the least amount of money in during that time?  They had college basketball players at LT starting, college TE starting at RT, college DT starting at RG.  At one point Seattle made such a mockery of the offensive line position under Tom Cable it was humiliating.  Here’s the challenge,  name one RB after beast mode who deserved to be a “bell cow”?  People need to have some patience Seattle has finally given resources to line again, Duane Brown is a stud and was tossing guys around like rag dolls on Sunday, Fluker in over horse**** loser Sweezy will be huge upgrade to ground game.  Be patient and let things play out before drawing such drastic conclusions.  Road game against Broncos is tough, road game against Bears is tough.  Maybe give a few home games before discussing conclusions. 

It is a terrible narrative because it's a FACTUAL narrative . . :lol:

31 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Rashad penny is not Jordan Howard.  Penny is a rookie who looked terrible in preseason and in the first game.  Howard was a vet.  Nice try though.

He didn't look terrible in the preseason. And he was only in 1 preseason game. Howard was a 2nd year player. Not much of a vet.

Edited by devaster

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

He didn't look terrible in the preseason. And he was only in 1 preseason game. Howard was a 2nd year player. Not much of a vet.

howard wasn't just any second year player, he was coming off a rookie campaign that was second in the league in rushing over 1300 yards, Penny on the other hand was a reach draft pick that looked terrible in his preseason game and not much better in the in the season opener game. Not saying hes a bust but clearly carson is the better back and gives them the chance to win now. If Penny gets into shape going into next year he can be the starting RB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, devaster said:

Penny was reportedly overweight, and was a huge disappoint in camp from day one, the report was Carson is ahead of Penny.

now no one can predict the future , who knows how the season will finish, but to try to spin this as Carroll not playing Penny right now even though he is better than Carson is being in denial.  at this moment Carson should be getting lion share of the work.  and Penny needs to get to work and earn it back

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, devaster said:

Howard was coming off a 1300+ rushing season.  Comparing him to Penny is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Howard was coming off a 1300+ rushing season.  Comparing him to Penny is ridiculous. 

That wasn't the point,  Everyone can have bad games and put up bad stat lines.  He was getting stuffed in the backfield.  He looked fine in the preseason game and catching passes from Wilson in week 1.  By all accounts Carson should have had a stranglehold on the starting job.  The fact that he was getting 'winded' in mile high is silly.  Plenty of RB's can handle a full workload in Denver.

8 minutes ago, kdko said:

That wasn't the point,  Everyone can have bad games and put up bad stat lines.  He was getting stuffed in the backfield.  He looked fine in the preseason game and catching passes from Wilson in week 1.  By all accounts Carson should have had a stranglehold on the starting job.  The fact that he was getting 'winded' in mile high is silly.  Plenty of RB's can handle a full workload in Denver.

It’s a little easier to get winded when you are averaging 8 yards a touch.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

He had two long runs and everything else was just like Penny. Playing on special teams would make more sense for him getting winded.

33 minutes ago, devaster said:

He had two long runs and everything else was just like Penny. Playing on special teams would make more sense for him getting winded.

I have to agree. If you take out Carson’s two long runs, he played like Penny. If you take out all of his preseason long runs, his preseason was just like Penny’s. If you take out every carry from last year, his experience was just like Penny’s. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Penny has never put up a good game. 

1 hour ago, MJJ28 said:

And a little easier to get stuffed when you weigh 240.

2 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Penny owners stay loyal 

It has nothing to do with that. My argument the entire time has been that Carson isn't long for the job based on the Seattle coaching staff. Can't help it if people spread misinformation. Carson has looked good the entire training camp and preseason. He looked good week 1. Does he look better than Penny? No idea yet. We have barely seen Penny in games because of his injury. To keep saying Carson looks better than Penny or Penny is trash is not accurate. Penny's weight gain has also been a mystery. We only know he was at a higher weight than his combine weight some point in training camp. But there was no indication how long it took to gain that weight or if it was intended.

We will have a better idea in a couple weeks, but I really do think Carson is only going to produce the first few weeks of the season while Penny settles into the starting role. The comments from Carroll and usage so far keeps suggesting that. Sell high on Carson if he does have a big week or two upcoming.

8 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Did anyone see the entire Seahawks news conference?  Unless I'm mistaken, according to this article Carson and Penny will alternate again.  Scroll down toward bottom.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article218241355.html

Says exactly what week 1 says. Carson is currently a superior better all around RB but Penny will be heavily involved. Basically an awful fantasy situation until an injury or one strings together 3-4 solid weeks and the other one struggles. As a Carson owner this is what I figured and bet on it accordingly.

Edited by Ruut6

Both Carson’s and Penny’s usage in the 1st game didn’t make sense.  Something other than performance is determining usage...

Until something changes both guys will be riding my bench...