Mr2Saint

Chris Carson 2018 Outlook

He got dropped in my league. I don't really wanna him but the upside is high for ww. ******** Seattle man....

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

He didn't have a bad game. But just the simple fact they brought davis in and gave him that many touches tells me something. Im also not pumping carson up. Im simply saying its way to early to just say oh looks like its going back to a committee. Well see next week.

I think it is also premature to think Carson already lost his starting role. But MJJ28 does make some very valid points about opportunities for an UDFA. And the narrative on Carson to date is he gets injured when he gets a heavy workload. Albeit a limited sample.

There is also a chance he could have played. But he wasn't 100% so they held him back. I mean they played the cardinals. Look who they play next week. The rams. Maybe carrol was trying to have a 100% healthy carson.

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

There is also a chance he could have played. But he wasn't 100% so they held him back. I mean they played the cardinals. Look who they play next week. The rams. Maybe carrol was trying to have a 100% healthy carson.

Considering they trotted Doug Baldwin out there I'm not sure he could have played.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Considering they trotted Doug Baldwin out there I'm not sure he could have played.

Baldwin sat out for 3 weeks. Again. Warm up game with limited snaps before the rams. 

Big divisional game. If seattle wins next week they go to 3-2 rams fall to 4-1. If they lose they go to 2-3 and give the rams another win. Im just speculating here. But it isn't that crazy if you think about it.

On 9/29/2018 at 5:51 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

what more can we hear? he's GTD ... that's enough to "hear" - do you expect them to release time stamped xrays and medical reports?  sheesh. GTD is never good news. 

i have him in 2 leeegs, and Penny in my 3rd - was really lookin' forward to this one vs Cards, but not pulling the trigger here - now, on the odd shot he doesn't suit up, no way in hell i roll Penny ... that kid is not ready to assume lead back duties - betcha Prosise and Davis shine out. 

it would majorly suck if Carson is out or limited, but i see no way in hell that Penny does enough to make a dent. 

welp, that was easy ... should've heeded my own advice and snagged Davis :D

CC has this gig in his pocket, kid's gotta stay healthy 

6 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

If he could have played he would have played which means the injury was more of a concern than reported. Coaches  are not the medical staff, if the med team says a guy can play then they coach expects the guy to play. So obviously Carson some issues when he was put through his drills that indicated he was not ready to take to the field.

What I'm pssed about is no beat reporter reported if Davis or Penney was getting the most practice snaps. So like a moron i picked penny off the wire and plugged him in

59 minutes ago, dashoe said:

If he could have played he would have played which means the injury was more of a concern than reported. Coaches  are not the medical staff, if the med team says a guy can play then they coach expects the guy to play. So obviously Carson some issues when he was put through his drills that indicated he was not ready to take to the field.

What I'm pssed about is no beat reporter reported if Davis or Penney was getting the most practice snaps. So like a moron i picked penny off the wire and plugged him in

Classic Seatle ‘s backfield, you just never know. Now with the emerge of Davis we don’t even know if we should play Carson next week assuming he’s healthy

• Like 1

Coach Pete Carroll said Mike Davis earned a spot in the Seahawks' running back "rotation" moving forward.

That "rotation" figures to feature Davis and Chris Carson, with a sprinkling of Rashaad Penny, who Carroll hinted will focus on kick return duties now with Davis and Carson outplaying him. This is a backfield to totally avoid until we get some clarity on the situation when everyone is healthy. If one of Carson or Davis ever sits, the other would be an RB2. Davis went 21-101-2 in Week 4.

Drop city?

He's a hold for a week or more to see how it pans out, which is incredibly frustrating because that's where we were a week ago and I was fully ready to drop him before his 34 touch game.  The same game mind you, where he injured his hip and returned to get 100 yds.  He rubs me the wrong way now because all I can think of is that he complained about his hip this week, was inactive and now possibly lost his job.  I'm jumping to all sorts of conclusions there but, I'm alittle frustrated with this guy.  He's a one week hold for sure though.    

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Coach Pete Carroll said Mike Davis earned a spot in the Seahawks' running back "rotation" moving forward.

That "rotation" figures to feature Davis and Chris Carson, with a sprinkling of Rashaad Penny, who Carroll hinted will focus on kick return duties now with Davis and Carson outplaying him. This is a backfield to totally avoid until we get some clarity on the situation when everyone is healthy. If one of Carson or Davis ever sits, the other would be an RB2. Davis went 21-101-2 in Week 4.

Drop city?

Definite hold. Frustrating but definite hold. Just when you think you have a legit bell-cow back emerging on your fantasy roster, you get slapped right back to reality.  I definitely would not put him in any starting lineup especially with the Rams on deck, but its a strong hold for sure.

Edited by nonstopfan

No question he’s a hold, but man how annoying he had to sit right after he seemingly won the job and let some other guy barge in. That said Carroll is the god of lip service so him talking up Davis doesn’t necessarily mean much

Edited by owenmills

i'm trying to understand how mike Davis who was released after last season and then resigned all of a sudden will get a significant part of the rotation going forward. Carson is injured and may get injured agin, davis is healthy and had a great game and penny is in the basement

Oh and for all of the vets will rebel against pete carrol if he doesnt play carson crowd. . .

Davis’ teammates had no doubts that he would come through given the chance, because even though he hasn’t seen a lot of playing time this season, they’ve seen the work he has put in in practice, dating back to when he was on the practice squad last year through becoming the starter late in the season.

--“That’s Mike Davis,” receiver Doug Baldwin said. “That’s what he does day-in and day-out, every day. We’re not surprised. We’ve seen him be a beast for the past (two) years, and when he gets his opportunity, he shows everybody else what he can do.”

--“Mike just came through beautifully. Our guys really believe in this guy. It’s because of all of the work he has done since he has been here. He has been so tough and so aggressive and so competitive, he’s just right at the heart of the kind of guy we like having on our club. So for him to come through in a big way was great.”

NFL locker rooms are fickle and only care about winning so now everyone loves Davis and always believed in him. . just like they did with carson.

I'l revisit this backfield after someone will inevitably get injured for the remainder of the season as is the case with this backfield.

Edited by dashoe

I think it has to do with their belief Carson can't handle a full workload and on top of that they spent a 1st rounder on Penny so they're gonna have to see what they have in him, more so when they're out of playoff contention.

Carson? DEAD MAN!

Penny? DEAD MAN!

NIEDERMEYER???!?!!?

i'm out this frickin' circus, cutting both loose for scratchoffs - gl to you intrepid troofers, it was a ... run. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Carson? DEAD MAN!

Penny? DEAD MAN!

NIEDERMEYER???!?!!?

i'm out this frickin' circus, cutting both loose for scratchoffs - gl to you intrepid troofers, it was a ... run. 

haha! I had to look that up.  According to urban dictionary, a troofer is someone who wears foil on their head lol.  That about sums it up.  A+

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, dashoe said:

C'mon now this is ol Pete though.  He said at the post game something to the effect that they surprisingly got Proise back for the game so it just wasn't right to activate Carson.  That Carson's hip 'just wasn't right'.  Sounds like he could have played but ol Pete thought his hip just didn't look right.

2 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

Get out guys! RBBC!

The Seattle backfield is right there with the Patriots, to be avoided.

james white and sony michel tho

Guys take a breather its pete carrol. Davis had a good game and he's the coach. He's not going to say he's just a lucky 3rd stringer. Its still carsons gig. For now at least. Probably can't start him next week but that game against the rams is going to tell a lot.

46 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

Get out guys! RBBC!

The Seattle backfield is right there with the Patriots, to be avoided.

If it’s anything like the Patriots backfield it would have two legit RB2 options.

Hysterical the negativity in this thread though. All I got from this game is that Penny is benched and all Carson has to do is outplay Mike Davis. You guys realize they played Arizona right? Not exactly that enamored by Davis. He was solid...and was a practice squad guy before this. Carson absoutely still had value, just going to be a guessing game where he produces in the meantime.

7 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

Davis. He was solid...and was a practice squad guy before this. Carson absoutely still had value, just going to be a guessing game where he produces in the meantime.

and Carson was a PS guy, too ... both have that underdog/rags to riches bent that rahrahPetey loves so much ... but this is too much of a puzzle to decipher - it's Pretzel Logic, for the most part. 

Carson took the job, then goes on ice - Davis wows the team, puts up a great stat line - Penny gets scraps.

should be Carson's gig to lose, but i'm not up for the "woulda/shoulda/coulda" monkey shines up 'round here. this is a max fluid sitch, with the capacity to change with each passing set of downs - eff that noise.

nothing hysterical about that at all, this is too volatile to sweat out for any of 'em.