Mr2Saint

Chris Carson 2018 Outlook

17 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Hate to say it but realistically, in a 10-teamer in particular, he's a drop. You have a three-headed committee (and potentially two receiving backs who could be in the picture later in the year), a TERRIBLE offense, and he's injury prone. The odds of him turning into even a low-end RB2 this year are fairly slim. Unfortunately the frustration of dropping him that would result from the extremely slim chance he becomes an asset is preventing me from following my own advice.

What planet are you on? Carson had 32 touches when he started 2 weeks ago. Penny is now primarily in the return game. Worst case scenario is davis eats into his carries. Regardless he isn't even remotely close to drop. Terrible offense? Go to bed.

Carson is sitting firmly on my bench but dropping is crazy talk.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, devaster said:

I'm betting Mike Davis runs the rock this week. Not because I picked him up, but based on Carroll. I think Carson sits again. Carroll is never truthful about injuries. He is the west coast Belichick in that regard. Always has been. Used to mess with injury reports before the NFL cracked down on that.

Cheater.

It could be a hot hand situation between him and Davis Sunday. Both get a couple carries/series at the beginning of the game and whichever is more productive with them is the lead back the rest of the game

Edited by TrueToTheBlue
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

What planet are you on? Carson had 32 touches when he started 2 weeks ago. Penny is now primarily in the return game. Worst case scenario is davis eats into his carries. Regardless he isn't even remotely close to drop. Terrible offense? Go to bed.

Apparently we have Mr. Carson's Dad in the room. Seattle is 27th in the league in yards per game. Their O-line is terrible, they could conceivably have 5 RBs later in the year all battling for touches, one of which they paid a hefty price for. Once Prosise is back or McKissic is designated for return Carson won't see a third down the rest of the year. Tore his ACL right before college, missed 5 games in 2 years of college due to injury (ankle in '15, broken thumb in '16, hamstring issues at the combine), ended last year on IR with a broken leg, missed last week due to a hip issue, is questionable at best this week. So we have a guy who has never demonstrated reliable productivity for any remotely extended stretch at any level, on a bad offense, in a potential 5-headed committee.

20 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Apparently we have Mr. Carson's Dad in the room. Seattle is 27th in the league in yards per game. Their O-line is terrible, they could conceivably have 5 RBs later in the year all battling for touches, one of which they paid a hefty price for. Once Prosise is back or McKissic is designated for return Carson won't see a third down the rest of the year. Tore his ACL right before college, missed 5 games in 2 years of college due to injury (ankle in '15, broken thumb in '16, hamstring issues at the combine), ended last year on IR with a broken leg, missed last week due to a hip issue, is questionable at best this week. So we have a guy who has never demonstrated reliable productivity for any remotely extended stretch at any level, on a bad offense, in a potential 5-headed committee.

5 headed committee? What team even has 5 RBs active on game day? Carson is far from a sure thing and has health concerns but he is the most promising player in this backfield. As evident by the past 2 weeks even in this "terrible" offense the RBs can put up very good numbers. Like any player that doesn't go early in the draft he has some warts but as a starting RB who will likely see 12+ carries per game he is most definitely rosterable. Mike Davis wasn't a threat to Carson last year and I doubt he plays a big factor going forward (he'll take Penny's role who was already taking a few carries). With Baldwin back the offense should be much improved and as their linebackers get healthy the defense should help the offense get more favorable field position. 

Edited by Jaw1

23 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Your in lala land. Go ahead and drop him. Do someone else a favor so they can pick him up. This guy is talking about carsons health and mentions prosise playing in the same sentence. Right....Then he brings up stats after 4 weeks. Seattle just lost thomas. The D is crumbling. They are going to be in shootouts every week. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, dams513 said:

Would you rate Carson higher than Aaron Jones or LeSean McCoy? 

No. Hell no.

16 minutes ago, dams513 said:

So McCoy and Jones above Carson?  Anyone else agree?

McCoy is on a team that can't score and he's old jones is in a 3 way RB committee. So no I don't agree. I wouldn't trade carson for either of those guys at this point in the season. Both jones and mccoy are sitting on peoples benches this week in my league. To add to that McCoy hasn't seen more than 9 carries all year. Jones had 11 last game and still in a RB rotation. Carson had 32 two weeks ago. At this point you have to see how it shakes out. I can't see anyone starting McCoy all year. Jones maybe down the road if we see consistency but I don't see that being any different from carson.

Edited by StevenSC400

There's something mysterious about Carson's hip injury. I think it's worse than what Pete Carrol is letting on. if both are active, i'd start Mike Davis. I have both players.

3 hours ago, NeroVendict said:

There's something mysterious about Carson's hip injury. I think it's worse than what Pete Carrol is letting on. 

rahrahPetey assessing injuries be all like ...

Image result for tis but a scratch

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, NeroVendict said:

There's something mysterious about Carson's hip injury. I think it's worse than what Pete Carrol is letting on. if both are active, i'd start Mike Davis. I have both players.

It's Always Sunny in Carroll-delphia

22 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Your in lala land. Go ahead and drop him. Do someone else a favor so they can pick him up. This guy is talking about carsons health and mentions prosise playing in the same sentence. Right....Then he brings up stats after 4 weeks. Seattle just lost thomas. The D is crumbling. They are going to be in shootouts every week. 

Umm, a few things. One, their D being terrible means they'll be losing, i.e. not running, i.e. passing more, meaning the passing down back would get an uptick, not Carson. Prosise is a china doll, but he will play this year, and if he doesn't McKissic will. They will make Carson irrelevant on 3rd down. That means he's Alfred Morris on a team typically trailing, with a bad O-line. Now all of that encouraging news aside, the guy hasn't been able to stay remotely healthy going all the way back to high school. We have no reason to believe that's going to change.

14 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Umm, a few things. One, their D being terrible means they'll be losing, i.e. not running, i.e. passing more, meaning the passing down back would get an uptick, not Carson. Prosise is a china doll, but he will play this year, and if he doesn't McKissic will. They will make Carson irrelevant on 3rd down. That means he's Alfred Morris on a team typically trailing, with a bad O-line. Now all of that encouraging news aside, the guy hasn't been able to stay remotely healthy going all the way back to high school. We have no reason to believe that's going to change.

A few things here as well. He was in on all three downs two weeks ago. No reason to think he is automatically not going to be in on third down. Then regardless even if hypothetically he isn't in on third downs. They still have to score when they get to the goal line and he will be the goal line back. Lastly no way on earth is there any reason to drop him now without seeing how this unfolds. Your throwing out hypotheticals that haven't even happened yet. So yeah lets just go ahead and drop him cause some guy from the rotoworld forums told us so. Not going to go back and forth with you. Well see what happens on sunday.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1

Pete Carroll tricked me into joining this backfield, and now he won't let me out. I hate him. This is hell. Carson gets to ride my bench all season, and god forbid I ever actually need him.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Kaytwo said:

Pete Carroll tricked me into joining this backfield, and now he won't let me out. I hate him. This is hell. Carson gets to ride my bench all season, and god forbid I ever actually need him.

I feel this so much. Only I might need him this week...

43 minutes ago, Kaytwo said:

You know I get what you guys are saying but the complaining has gone a bit too far. Look at all the early pick busts so far. Howard, freeman, drake, cook, collins to a degree, etc. This guy was a late round flyer. I got him in the early 9th. I mean he's got a shot. And thats what he was drafted as. A potential RB start. If he develops great. If you drafted him to be your RB2 you need more practice doing drafts. This isn't toward you but just a post in general. Its really not that big of a deal. I got no problem stashing him for now and seeing how it works out. I would rather do that then be stuck with howard or any of the other busts I mentioned.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

A few things here as well. He was in on all three downs two weeks ago. No reason to think he is automatically not going to be in on third down. Then regardless even if hypothetically he isn't in on third downs. They still have to score when they get to the goal line and he will be the goal line back. Lastly no way on earth is there any reason to drop him now without seeing how this unfolds. Your throwing out hypotheticals that haven't even happened yet. So yeah lets just go ahead and drop him cause some guy from the rotoworld forums told us so. Not going to go back and forth with you. Well see what happens on sunday.

One of Prosise/McKissic will be the third down back, likely soon. Carson was in his big game cause they literally had no one else. I agree he'll likely be the GL guy, but with them being bad I could see a lot of game scripts where he's limited to 10-12 carries and doesn't even see a GL attempt. I wouldn't drop him in a deep 12/14 teamer obviously. But a 10-teamer? Certainly possible. For instance, Foreman is coming back, he's on most waivers. He has a much clearer path to not only volume, but production due to being on a far more explosive offense. All things considered Carson has both a low ceiling and low floor. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

You know I get what you guys are saying but the complaining has gone a bit too far. Look at all the early pick busts so far. Howard, freeman, drake, cook, collins to a degree, etc. This guy was a late round flyer. I got him in the early 9th. I mean he's got a shot. And thats what he was drafted as. A potential RB start. If he develops great. If you drafted him to be your RB2 you need more practice doing drafts. This isn't toward you but just a post in general. Its really not that big of a deal. I got no problem stashing him for now and seeing how it works out. I would rather do that then be stuck with howard or any of the other busts I mentioned.

Carson has only had 1 game so far where probably everyone sat him. So lets not act like he hasn't been a bust either, late round pick or not.

Which RB (Carson or Davis) is going to get to lead? 

Espn says Carson will likely resume his role as lead back. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Which RB (Carson or Davis) is going to get to lead? 

Espn says Carson will likely resume his role as lead back. 

ha, good luck guessing what Pete Carroll is gonna do. This could just as easily be a one man show as it could be a committee. I would guess Carson gets starting duties, but really, who knows.

22 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

ha, good luck guessing what Pete Carroll is gonna do. This could just as easily be a one man show as it could be a committee. I would guess Carson gets starting duties, but really, who knows.

I believe one of the 3 backs will get the majority of the carries. But I really have no clue which one. One would think it is Carson, but Carroll is a wild card.

ESPN knows about as much as us. If they’re all healthy and I had to pick one it would be Carson, but I wouldn’t do it with any confidence