Mr2Saint

Chris Carson 2018 Outlook

17 hours ago, JuanSuarez said:

Anyone handcuffing with Davis? It looks like this team wants to run the ball and Penny is almost out of the picture.

If I had roster space, I would cuff davis. He also looked dam good when he was the bellcow.

I have a feeling Carson will play.

Just now, HBEACH said:

He will be fine. Expect Carson to be “limited”in practice for the rest of the season. 

Source?

^That is my instinct too, but who knows...

Carson is playing so well, let him rest as much as he needs.

First real Seattle RB since Lynch in his prime.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, austin316 said:

^That is my instinct too, but who knows...

Carson is playing so well, let him rest as much as he needs.

First real Seattle RB since Lynch in his prime.

Yeah this sounds like Carroll/Lynch circa 2014. I think Lynch was always listed as limited. Sometimes wouldn’t practice at all be listed as questionable then start on Sunday. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Source?

When it comes to Carroll the only thing that matters is the Active\Inactives on Sunday. 

• Like 1

I’m sure he’s dinged up. RBs are going to have more bumps and bruises and with Carson playing his butt off and past injuries I’m concerned as we all are. I’m a wait and see on Sun morning. Then I’ll adjust accordingly. If you have a blue chipper on the waiver grab him in case... I have Chubb on stand by if Carson is looking iffy

7 minutes ago, Krambone said:

I’m sure he’s dinged up. RBs are going to have more bumps and bruises and with Carson playing his butt off and past injuries I’m concerned as we all are. I’m a wait and see on Sun morning. Then I’ll adjust accordingly. If you have a blue chipper on the waiver grab him in case... I have Chubb on stand by if Carson is looking iffy

Yeah I agree Carroll likes playing games so it’s always good to have a Plan B ready you never know what he might pull. 

10 minutes ago, Krambone said:

You most likely will need a fall back besides Chubb sunday. Carson plays the 2nd shift of games and Chubb plays earlier. 

2 minutes ago, HBEACH said:

Yeah I agree Carroll likes playing games so it’s always good to have a Plan B ready you never know what he might pull. 

plan B's name is mike davis. get him off waivers. he's running better than penny.

giphy.gif

My question would be if he gets less of a share of snaps this week even if he does play considering his injury and the fact that it is somewhat of a committee already anyway.

I love Carson in this offense and love him as a fantasy commodity, but he may not be startable this week if the game plan is to take it easy on him.

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Latest rotoworld blurb now says Pete Carroll expects Carson to play.

Which is it? Jeesh.

Hes gonna play, all the main players rest or limit practice on Thursday/Friday

For ref: all Patriots offensive players

Edited by DezedandConfused

2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Lol Petey being petey, 20+ touches inc

Prosisely what I was thinking ;)

• Haha 1

Game time decision huh? Sure Petey. 

Worst case scenario though, I stuck Carson in my flex position and can replace him with David Moore if needed. 

Edited by ADDwithFF

5 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

I hate situations like this. Assuming he's active, do you think his touches will be scaled back at all in what could be a close game?

I think his touches could be scaled back depending on how his hip feels as the game progresses.  Davis is a capable backup and they also have Penny if Carson aggravates his injury.  I'm in a must-win game this week in my league so it would really help if he can play and finish the game.

45 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

I hate situations like this. Assuming he's active, do you think his touches will be scaled back at all in what could be a close game?

Absolutely they will if active. 

1 hour ago, cnewbykkn said:

Absolutely they will if active. 

Or not.  You may be right in the end, but nobody can say absolutely right now.

11 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Or not.  You may be right in the end, but nobody can say absolutely right now.

I was being sarcastic. Honestly - I could see 20 carries for Penny this game. 

• Like 1