Sign in to follow this  
mrschrod

Albert Wilson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Wilson appears to be their best play maker easily.

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Wilson appears to be their best play maker easily.

With Amendola their bona fide WR1/starter in real life... It's totally nuts and dysfunctional how the team is run

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rocky7st said:

Worth picking up now?

Maybe. I'll be looking hard and long at him this week. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Maybe. I'll be looking hard and long at him this week. 

My concerns still revolve around the Phins personnel grouping. After this big week, he only played 64% of the snaps in week 6... Only Gase knows why he's still using so many snaps on Amendola

• Thanks 1

Wilson is being totally ignored, but if his snap % increases/targets, he  could become really valuable.

Edited by mjb

On 13.3.2018 at 3:09 PM, mrschrod said:

Dolphins signed WR Albert Wilson, formerly of the Chiefs, to a three-year, $24 million contract.

Will he be the new Jarvis Landry on the Dolphins? I don't think he will be putting up all of Landry's numbers, but I could easily see a top 30 finish at WR as I do expect him to get alot of targets

Sort of a bold prediction at that time, doesn't look too bold these days. B)

If Amendola would quit foolin around and get himself injured already, we’d be cooking with grease! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Braves16 said:

If Amendola would quit foolin around and get himself injured already, we’d be cooking with grease! 

Being the WR3 on a team doesn't mean much in these pass-happy days. A higher snap count would make him a safer flex play though. Somehow Wilson already played 74% and 90% of their snaps in the previous two weeks, before reverting back to 64% in last week's breakout game. There are two paths to glory for him:

1) Amendola picks up his annual injury.

2) The coaches realize that Albert Wilson is a big-time playmaker and increase his snap count, either at the expense of Amendola or if they just run more 3 WR sets.

I went ahead and picked up Wilson in FA before the games. It's a good thing because he's now among the highest adds in the league.

If you're hesitating wondering if it's just a fluke game, I don't think so. For starters, I picked him up because his fantasy points prior to this past Sunday stacked up much higher than anyone else on waivers in my 20-team league. His blow-out game this past Sunday was really icing on the cake for me. But if you still doubt, watch the highlights of the Bears-Dolphins game. Wilson was an all-out beast in that game. I've moved him into my WR2 spot where I expect him to remain.

• Like 1

I love his speed too and if I needed a WR I would not hesitate to grab him..... but since he would be my WR5, he would never play. But like I said, I concur affirming his talent. Go get him, Brock or Tannehill doesn’t matter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

I went ahead and picked up Wilson in FA before the games. It's a good thing because he's now among the highest adds in the league.

If you're hesitating wondering if it's just a fluke game, I don't think so. For starters, I picked him up because his fantasy points prior to this past Sunday stacked up much higher than anyone else on waivers in my 20-team league. His blow-out game this past Sunday was really icing on the cake for me. But if you still doubt, watch the highlights of the Bears-Dolphins game. Wilson was an all-out beast in that game. I've moved him into my WR2 spot where I expect him to remain.

Saw it live and concur. He's a playmaker. 

I almost drafted him as a late round flyer, but it just didn't quite work out. But, he's been on the wire all season. Until this morning that is ;)

Not enough noise about this guy. This is no fluke. Obviously you can't expect what he did against the Bears every week. But once in a while he's bound to explode because Gase shows effort to get him involved. Gase offenses always love the WR bubble screens and quick crossing routes!

Great matchup this week! Wilson plays mainly in the slot, that's were 3 of his 4 TDs and most of his yardage came from. Guess what? The Lions are top 10 against outside WRs, but the #31 ranked defense against slot WRs!

Very high upside, not too shabby floor. Flex him wherever you can!

Edited by frog34
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Not enough noise about this guy. This is no fluke. Obviously you can't expect what he did against the Bears every week. But once in a while he's bound to explode because Gase shows effort to get him involved. Gase offenses always love the WR bubble screens and quick crossing routes!

Great matchup this week! Wilson plays mainly in the slot, that's were 3 of his 4 TDs and most of his yardage came from. Guess what? The Lions are top 10 against outside WRs, but the #31 ranked defense against slot WRs!

Very high upside, not too shabby floor. Flex him wherever you can!

That is a great little nugget of info frog. Where does one go to find such information for themselves? 

11 minutes ago, The G Man said:

That is a great little nugget of info frog. Where does one go to find such information for themselves? 

^^^This.

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

All my leagues are on Yahoo. I read somewhere before the season that NFL.com plans to include their Next Gen Stats into most fantasy-relevant player profiles. So I joined one league on NFL.com to have quick access to this feature. Fun fact: In this league I drafted just high risk players for fun and now it looks like the best roster of all my teams.

It's not really special, but can help when deciding who to start. It shows how many yards and TDs a WR has when lining up wide and when in the slot. It also shows how the defense he's facing fares against slot and outside WRs. For RBs they do the same with inside and outside runs. Two times so far this season I've used this tidbit to make a tough decision, both times it proved to be the right one fwiw.

It's still awful quiet in here. It's been on chunk plays, but he's currently the WR20 in ppr. I think his floor is actually decent. Really think now is the time to pick him up if available if he blows up this week it'll be too late. I see him as that solid flex guy that can help get your team over the edge week in week out with one play. Loved him on KC and I like him now that he's got less competition.

Different play styles but I see him as a tedd ginn on Carolina during Cams MVP season. Criminally overlooked and consistent fantasy producer.

My hot take for the week 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MilkSteakandjellybeans said:

It's still awful quiet in here. It's been on chunk plays, but he's currently the WR20 in ppr. I think his floor is actually decent. Really think now is the time to pick him up if available if he blows up this week it'll be too late. I see him as that solid flex guy that can help get your team over the edge week in week out with one play. Loved him on KC and I like him now that he's got less competition.

Different play styles but I see him as a tedd ginn on Carolina during Cams MVP season. Criminally overlooked and consistent fantasy producer.

My hot take for the week 

I'm surprised he's still available. 

Simply put, if you can use help at WR and he's there for the taking... just take him already.

I think he goes on a run here during Brocktober. Back up QB with second string WR is a winning formula we’ve seen before (Wilson wasn’t starting during preseason and earlier in the season). He’s also a YAC beast going back to last year. 

I’m firing him up. I don’t think I’ll regret it.

Maybe this is a bit hyperbole, but it seems every year, there's a veteran that comes out of nowhere and has a great fantasy season while nobody believes in him so he sits on waivers for longer than he should. Im thinking back many years ago to Brandon Lloyd on Denver, Gary Barnidge on Cleveland, Robert Woods last year. I'm wondering if Wilson is that guy this year.

Those with under-performing WRs in 2018 like Larry Fitz, Agholor, Hogan, Watkins, list goes on.....

Would you contemplate dropping for a guy like Wilson?

2 hours ago, bgar15 said:

Those with under-performing WRs in 2018 like Larry Fitz, Agholor, Hogan, Watkins, list goes on.....

I'd at least contemplate it. I'm sure he caught the eyes of his coaches and quarterbacks in that last game.

3 hours ago, bgar15 said:

I dropped Hogan weeks ago. Nobody has picked him up. (12-team)

You gotta be quicker than that.

3 minutes ago, GenerallyPoorAdvice said:

You gotta be quicker than that.

Watkins I'd probably hold a couple of more games, but the rest sure. Albert no worse than any of them.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bgar15 said:

I would try to trade them in 2 for 1 deals with the idea of just picking up Wilson for free after. You won't get much but say Larry+a low end rb2 for a mid to high range rb2 then grab wilson.

• Like 1