fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

Jags just signed G Andrew Norwell, the jewel of this year’s FA OL class. Maybe that line gets some push and opens a few holes now. 

09110891-6510-4918-9545-FFB5768CB26C.jpeg

• Haha 1

If Fournette is able to stay healthy, look out. They should be able to open up some holes for him especially on the left side. 

Buying Leonard EVERYWHERE. 

Quite obvious this Jags team is going to ground and pound for the foreseeable future. 

2 hours ago, Gmen07 said:

If Fournette is able to stay healthy, look out. They should be able to open up some holes for him especially on the left side. 

I'm going to buy some cheap shares of their rb2.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gmen07 said:

If Fournette is able to stay healthy, look out.

Just now, psygolf said:

I'm going to buy some cheap shares of their rb2.

I love Fournette as an RB, love his position and status as a Jaguar, love that he's on my dynasty team, and I remain super-impressed at how may people said "Jacksonville's o-line sucks so Fournette will suck," and he proved them all wrong. When healthy, Fournette was unstoppable.

Don't love his ankles, the heel of this Achilles, and not a fan of his knees.

Dec 10, 2017 NFL Leg Quad Bruise Fournette missed 1 game after taking a hard hit from Earl Thomas.
Oct 15, 2017 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Fournette missed 1 game.
Aug 12, 2017 NFL Pedal Foot Fournette said someone stepped on his left foot. The rookie missed the final 3 preseason games but returned for Week 1.
Sep 3, 2016 Non-NFL Knee Bruise Fournette was held out of 1 game.
Sep 3, 2016 Non-NFL Knee Bruise Fournette sat out 1 game.
Aug 13, 2016 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 Fournette couldn't shake an ankle injury that popped up in August. He missed 6 total games spread across the 2016 season.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cohenstantinople said:

I love Fournette as an RB, love his position and status as a Jaguar, love that he's on my dynasty team, and I remain super-impressed at how may people said "Jacksonville's o-line sucks so Fournette will suck," and he proved them all wrong. When healthy, Fournette was unstoppable.

Dec 10, 2017 NFL Leg Quad Bruise Fournette missed 1 game after taking a hard hit from Earl Thomas.
Oct 15, 2017 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Fournette missed 1 game.
Aug 12, 2017 NFL Pedal Foot Fournette said someone stepped on his left foot. The rookie missed the final 3 preseason games but returned for Week 1.
Aug 13, 2016 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 Fournette couldn't shake an ankle injury that popped up in August. He missed 6 total games spread across the 2016 season.

Many of these missed games would be preventable if they would go back to wearing these:

Related image

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

https://blackandteal.com/2018/04/03/andrew-norwell-impactful-free-agent-signing-2018/

Just one probable homer guy's opinion, but I gotta agree with the premise.  If the Jags hit on a OL in the draft (I've seen them taking one in the 2nd in many mocks), watch out.  Big boost for Bortles, Fournette, and the WRs.  That said, I think i'd still rather see the Jags draft a QB there. 

Most impactful signing for 2018

G Andrew Norwell, Jacksonville Jaguars

Norwell was the most dominant free agent on the market, and while Kirk Cousins to Minnesota was the main attraction, Norwell’s signing in Jacksonville shows just how serious the Jaguars are about pushing themselves two steps further in 2018. With Norwell yet to post a PFF season grade of lower than 82.0 in his four-year career, the Jags got someone who dominated in 2017 right as he’s entering his prime.

Edited by fakespike

So is this fournette an above average injury risk candidate vs other rb's or was last season an anomaly?  I was regretting at one point not having him and taking Hunt but that feeling passed because Hunt was healthy for a full season and crushed in the playoffs.

this season I like Fournette as the undisputed every down rb whereas Hunt has a big question mark

34 minutes ago, dashoe said:

So is this fournette an above average injury risk candidate vs other rb's or was last season an anomaly?  I was regretting at one point not having him and taking Hunt but that feeling passed because Hunt was healthy for a full season and crushed in the playoffs.

this season I like Fournette as the undisputed every down rb whereas Hunt has a big question mark

He has injury history around his ankle. I think he missed 3 games last year, 2 from the ankle (?) and 1 from a missed meeting (?). Given that, he still managed a pretty good fantasy season. He was avging around 4 targets a game also - does anyone think this trends up a little? maybe around 50-60 targets. I'll probably be looking at a Melvin Gordon vs Fourny situation. 

He's basically what people wished D.Henry was (ability and situation). 

On 3/13/2018 at 3:43 PM, cohenstantinople said:

The bolded is all one date, for some reason you have it as 3 separate occasions? Is it one injury repeated or are the dates wrong? 

1 hour ago, AtomShifter said:

The bolded is all one date, for some reason you have it as 3 separate occasions? Is it one injury repeated or are the dates wrong? 

Contact the source for further information: sportsinjurypredictor.com

I really think he's a strong candidate to lead the league in rush TD's next year.   He's no Darren Sproles as a receiver, but he caught enough balls last year to keep from being one dimensional.    I am of course a little scared of injuries, but he played tough, and well, in the playoffs I thought.   I feel like he can grind a bit- a lot of Frank Gore in this kid.   I'm a buyer I think.  

44 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I really think he's a strong candidate to lead the league in rush TD's next year.   He's no Darren Sproles as a receiver, but he caught enough balls last year to keep from being one dimensional.    I am of course a little scared of injuries, but he played tough, and well, in the playoffs I thought.   I feel like he can grind a bit- a lot of Frank Gore in this kid.   I'm a buyer I think.  

I’m a buyer.  Injured in his rookie season.  

He didn’t even play 3 games, and put up top10 numbers.

If he stays healthy he’ll put up Zeke numbers.  

Fournette is a high upside RB available in the late 1st.

The offense will run through Fournette.

Buy. Buy. Buy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I’m a buyer.  Injured in his rookie season.  

He didn’t even play 3 games, and put up top10 numbers.

If he stays healthy he’ll put up Zeke numbers.  

The offense will run through Fournette.

Buy. Buy. Buy.

Not to mention he had one heck of a playoffs. 

70/242/4 with 7/44/0.

Edited by AtomShifter
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

He has injury history around his ankle. I think he missed 3 games last year, 2 from the ankle (?) and 1 from a missed meeting (?). Given that, he still managed a pretty good fantasy season. He was avging around 4 targets a game also - does anyone think this trends up a little? maybe around 50-60 targets. I'll probably be looking at a Melvin Gordon vs Fourny situation. 

He's basically what people wished D.Henry was (ability and situation). 

Gut tells me Yeldon will absorb more of Chris Ivory's 21 receptions than Fournette. I think Fournette will see the same targets more or less (40, maybe 40-50), and Yeldon will see an uptick in usage to preserve Fournette somewhat. (Yeldon was 2015's pick 2.04 and the Jags like what they saw last season, finally.) That said, I do see Fournette as a safe second round pick, ideally late second round, but I imagine he'll go early second round, and probably still return the value as long as he plays 12-14 games. He's a bigger injury risk than Gordon (who bounced back well from the microfracture surgery).

3 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I see late in the first as a slight reach, but I agree that the offense will lean on him heavily, and that even for the reach Fournette could easily return numbers to make him worth the late first round pick. Still, in the late first he'll be up against the likes of Michael Thomas, DFreeman, Shady, AJG, MGordon, and possibly Kamara and Nuk if they're not drafted in the top 8. Fournette could easily out-perform all of them... or just as easily not. (Or unfortunately just as easily suffer an injury.) Out of this bunch, I'd go Nuk and Kamara (in that order) if available, then DFreeman, and then Fournette. My two cents.

5 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Gut tells me Yeldon will absorb more of Chris Ivory's 21 receptions than Fournette. I think Fournette will see the same targets more or less (40, maybe 40-50), and Yeldon will see an uptick in usage to preserve Fournette somewhat. (Yeldon was 2015's pick 2.04 and the Jags like what they saw last season, finally.) That said, I do see Fournette as a safe second round pick, ideally late second round, but I imagine he'll go early second round, and probably still return the value as long as he plays 12-14 games. He's a bigger injury risk than Gordon (who bounced back well from the microfracture surgery).

I see late in the first as a slight reach, but I agree that the offense will lean on him heavily, and that even for the reach Fournette could easily return numbers to make him worth the late first round pick. Still, in the late first he'll be up against the likes of Michael Thomas, DFreeman, Shady, AJG, MGordon, and possibly Kamara and Nuk if they're not drafted in the top 8. Fournette could easily out-perform all of them... or just as easily not. (Or unfortunately just as easily suffer an injury.) Out of this bunch, I'd go Nuk and Kamara (in that order) if available, then DFreeman, and then Fournette. My two cents.

I have Nuk as my highest WR, and I wouldn’t pass on Kamara in PPR, but Fournette above everyone else.

Fournette was incredibly consistent when he suited it.  That’s incredibly rare... he has sky high talent.

I’ve been trying for Fournette + M. Thomas (or K. Allen) in my first 2 picks.  The rest of the draft looks good with that foundation.

Absolutely loved him in the playoffs- against a couple good teams he did well.  The Buffalo game was a bit odd, but they sold out to stop him, clearly.   Bortles needs to just do enough to keep teams honest, and Fournette could blow up.     

8 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Still, in the late first he'll be up against the likes of Michael Thomas, DFreeman, Shady, AJG, MGordon, and possibly Kamara and Nuk if they're not drafted in the top 8

This feels like the right place to plunk him- right in with this group.   Maybe Hunt there too.    The 2nd round should have a nice RB run.  

3 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Absolutely loved him in the playoffs- against a couple good teams he did well.  The Buffalo game was a bit odd, but they sold out to stop him, clearly.   Bortles needs to just do enough to keep teams honest, and Fournette could blow up.     

This feels like the right place to plunk him- right in with this group.   Maybe Hunt there too.    The 2nd round should have a nice RB run.  

Hunt is currently projected to go one before Fournette.  I have them reversed.

If I miss on one, I get the other.  I’ll go either before J. Jones, so I like my odds.

If I get Nuk (drafting early for some reason) then I get David Cook (or Barkley).

1 minute ago, seanismorris said:

I have Nuk as my highest WR, and I wouldn’t pass on Kamara in PPR, but Fournette above everyone else.

Fournette was incredibly consistent when he suited it.  That’s incredibly rare... he has sky high talent.

I’ve been trying for Fournette + M. Thomas (or K. Allen) in my first 2 picks.  The rest of the draft looks good with that foundation.

Lotta talk last preseason about how Fournette would never get past the "worst line in football." He certainly proved everyone wrong and I'm glad to have chosen him as pick 1.01 in dynasty.

In redraft, I'm probably more prone to pick up Fournette in auction, hoping to get a bargain. For round value, it's a tough bet: he could easily rank in the top 5 RBs if he doesn't get hurt; he could easily miss half the season. I wouldn't harass anyone who drafted Fournette in the late first but I'm more likely for second round. Still, we're always surprised by our leaguemates and their choices, so who knows where Fournette will end up. I also think Allen will be worth every penny.

5 minutes ago, BrianM said:

That late first and all through the second round will be heavily dependent on the choices of leaguemates, and it will most likely include a QB (somehow, for some reason), as well as DFreeman, Michael Thomas, Keenen Allen, Mike Evans, Davante Adams (not my pick), Kamara, MGordon, Fournette, McCoy, Hunt, Ingram, and maybe Gronk. (This all assuming the first eight include Zeke, DJ, Gurley, Bell, OBJ, AB, JJ, Nuk.) I see Baldwin going much later this year, and Cooks, (both were  second round last year), and anyone who goes with Allen Robinson will be reaching, though he could easily return second round value (first?).

3 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Lotta talk last preseason about how Fournette would never get past the "worst line in football." He certainly proved everyone wrong and I'm glad to have chosen him as pick 1.01 in dynasty.

In redraft, I'm probably more prone to pick up Fournette in auction, hoping to get a bargain. For round value, it's a tough bet: he could easily rank in the top 5 RBs if he doesn't get hurt; he could easily miss half the season. I wouldn't harass anyone who drafted Fournette in the late first but I'm more likely for second round. Still, we're always surprised by our leaguemates and their choices, so who knows where Fournette will end up. I also think Allen will be worth every penny.

That late first and all through the second round will be heavily dependent on the choices of leaguemates, and it will most likely include a QB (somehow, for some reason), as well as DFreeman, Michael Thomas, Keenen Allen, Mike Evans, Davante Adams (not my pick), Kamara, MGordon, Fournette, McCoy, Hunt, Ingram, and maybe Gronk. (This all assuming the first eight include Zeke, DJ, Gurley, Bell, OBJ, AB, JJ, Nuk.) I see Baldwin going much later this year, and Cooks, (both were  second round last year), and anyone who goes with Allen Robinson will be reaching, though he could easily return second round value (first?).

A. Robinson is going 37 overall (in the one I’m following).  I like that price.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

I like the idea of getting two from this group in auction.  Let the big spenders take out the top 3/4 RB's and WR's, then get a Fournette and Adams, for instance.   I usually tier guys and bid basically everyone until i get the price I want.  This year I might go a little more targeted, at the risk of overpaying a little.   

Edited by BrianM

16 hours ago, BrianM said:

I like the idea of getting two from this group in auction.  Let the big spenders take out the top 3/4 RB's and WR's, then get a Fournette and Adams, for instance.   I usually tier guys and bid basically everyone until i get the price I want.  This year I might go a little more targeted, at the risk of overpaying a little.   

I think I'm completely finished with snake drafts and will be solely auction this season.  So tired of seeing guys luck out and have good teams because of what falls to them.  When you don't know the difference between Dalvin Cook and Brandin Cooks but you make the playoffs, that's a problem or when your team was auto drafted because you were stuck at the office and you win the title, that's just adding insult to injury. 

You have an opinion leonard fournette and you want him, then show me how much he is worth to you vs telling me what his ADP should be. 

I love my auction league but its stressful and has parity.....and tbh i clean up in my one league that's snake.    Sure, i like a challenge, but i also like easy money, so i do a little of both.   

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

I love my auction league but its stressful and has parity.....and tbh i clean up in my one league that's snake.    Sure, i like a challenge, but i also like easy money, so i do a little of both.   

There is no luck in auction because every bid is an opinion. So you get what you value, which means you have to do your homework.